Do you procrastinate if you are not working?

I am a horrible procrastinator. I have unfinished lists lying around here everywhere.
I find them tucked away in places I've forgotten about. Lists for my handyman, my own personal lists of things that I need to get done, lists of foods I want to prepare in the future. Thanks Mom. I'm still finding hers too. :)

Last edited:
Yes, I start several projects and get bored and stop. Like writing a novel, learning fencing and developing an app. Maybe I just start these things out of boredom.
Is it possible you have ADD? I do the same thing; have been this way since grammar school. Several years ago, I took a quiz that was compiled by a psychologist who has ADD. If one answered 11 of the 20 (or 21) questions with a yes, then they likely have ADD. I answered 19 with a yes. I couldn't find the psychologist's quiz today, however, there are similar quizzes and articles about symptoms on the internet. Procrastination is one of the traits of someone with ADD, as is starting several projects but not completing them.

Oh and....
Welcome So Glad You're Here.jpg

Last edited:
Should be very careful about procrastinating things like taxes, paying bills. Not just in late fees and penalties but to show you can handle your affairs.

Know someone who has been behind on their taxes for about a decade now. They eventually pay. BUT after several physical medical issues over the last few years and signs of dementia a court is going to use things like unfiled taxes to show they are not competent to handle their affairs. Add unkept home, piles of projects(hoarding) and leaving delivered meals outside for days on end they are about to be permanently committed to a facility NOT of their choosing at the moment. Part of the issue that family and social workers can't determine what they can afford because of poor financial record keeping.

On one hand one is retired and shouldn't have rush, sweat deadlines, fuss over details and tidyness. On the other hand if certain things are not done it will make ones' final years a living heck.

Once 'the end' starts it's final phase things can spiral out of control quicker than they ever have. Even retired don't live on your laurels and go about life with a purpose including staying active, fit and on top of things like a soccer mom managing kids, a house hold and job.

I will procrastinate on certain things, not everything. I'm very efficient once I decide to tackle it though. Lists are definitely useful. In my professional life, no procrastinating is allowed.

I love the plan to do something when I have planned to do it. Its not exactly procrastination, maybe it could be thought of as A Plan Than Will Work, an Adjustable Plan that if it need to be changed, well, its adjustable so it can / may work and will be a successful plan. .... LOL

Sure, it's mostly known as mindlessly comical.

If procrastination = "I don't feel like it," then yes.

I don't feel like doing laundry today, so I won't. I know I will have to do it sometime soon, but definitely not today for no reason other than, I don't feel like it. Though, I still have clean underwear, so that helps.

Back