Interested in a child-free singles group in the West Valley (Maricopa Co, AZ)?

I see groups for child-free people on Meet-Up, but they are for much younger people.

We would meet for activities in Glendale, Peoria and Surprise areas, primarily.

I can't form the group by myself, so if you are interested be prepared to help pulls thing together and come up with places to meet and things to do.

Participants must be open-minded, fun-spirited, non-political, free of conspiracy theories and prejudices (racial, gender-identity, etc).

Anyone interested?

When it comes to activities, you could consider hosting game nights, going on hikes or nature walks, trying out new restaurants, or attending local events like concerts or festivals. Don't be afraid to get creative and try new things! With some persistence and a little bit of luck, you'll find the right people to join your child-free Meet-Up group. 🎲🎨🌳🌴

Why is "child free" groups even a concern for senior citizens? Are you afraid someone will drag their fifty year old kids to an event?
I would assume that people dragging their grandchildren along to activities/events would be what's not wanted. But I have no idea how I'd suggest that because people can get real touchy if there's anything negative about their grandkids... maybe the only term to use would actually be "child free" so they'd get the message?

Can't speak for all who never had kids, but as someone who has gotten flack for my choice not to have children, it is good to be around others who respect that choice because they made the same choice themselves.
I get that. My response was a bit tongue in cheek, and I apologize if it came across as insensitive.

I know everyone talks about families, including us seniors, so for those that never had or chose not to have children those conversations can be uncomfortable or even tiresome. It's easy to understand why Mz. Lady is seeking groups that are more relatable to her own life.

Participants must be open-minded, fun-spirited, non-political, free of conspiracy theories and prejudices (racial, gender-identity, etc).

Anyone interested?
If I lived near enough, I'd join in a heartbeat. The only groups like that around here all seem to be much younger (40 and under). There are groups like that around here that have middle-aged and older members but no one who is "uneducated"--i.e. no college degree--is welcome to join. I know; I checked.

So I wish you luck; good suggestions above.

I see groups for child-free people on Meet-Up, but they are for much younger people.

We would meet for activities in Glendale, Peoria and Surprise areas, primarily.

I can't form the group by myself, so if you are interested be prepared to help pulls thing together and come up with places to meet and things to do.

Anyone interested?
You might want to organize this via social media outlets specializing in local groups, i.e., NextDoor or Facebook.

Why is "child free" groups even a concern for senior citizens? Are you afraid someone will drag their fifty year old kids to an event?
Well for myself, whenever, I have joined groups at my Seniors Centre, the talk is all about their children and especially their grandchildren. And then, hundreds of photos to look at on their phones of same. No thank you. Now if they talked about their pets and had hundreds of photos of their critters, that would be lovely.

Well for myself, whenever, I have joined groups at my Seniors Centre, the talk is all about their children and especially their grandchildren. And then, hundreds of photos to look at on their phones of same. No thank you. Now if they talked about their pets and had hundreds of photos of their critters, that would be lovely.
I'm with you; if they talked only sometimes about kids/gkids, it'd be fine. But that is all they ever talk about, not about books or movies or tv or even the weather.

As Love Tulips mentioned, people with kids/grandkids have a tendency to talk them quite a bit. I don't think that they stop to consider that people who do not have an emotional connection to their kids/grandkids might not be interested in hearing about them. If one of their kids/ grandkids discovered a cure for a type of cancer I would be interested in hearing them, but the parents/grandparents usually bring up very ordinary, banal, things that are not interesting. It is very uncomfortable (and even stressful) to have to put on a fake smile and pretend to be interested.

It is very uncomfortable (and even stressful) to have to put on a fake smile and pretend to be interested.
True. I usually start off interested but only get bored if it goes on too long. And what's frustrating is the very real judgment I've experienced when I've told people that I chose not to have children, several instances, I mean huge frowns and literally turning their backs on me and walking off.

When we lived in Sun City West our "kids" were grown and off in other states. There were all kinds of activities for seniors. Some for singles.

There were a number of senior communities in that area.

When we lived in Sun City West our "kids" were grown and off in other states. There were all kinds of activities for seniors. Some for singles.

There were a number of senior communities in that area.
That's a good thought. Have you looked into any groups in the Sun City area ?

Back