Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dry Ginger Ale for Mature Tastes

My father now and then would enjoy a bottle of sarsaparilla also, I remember him teaching me how to spell it when I was very little.

I used to make Sarsaparilla herbal tea - tasted just like root beer.

I find ginger ale too sweet, but ginger root tea can be good served cold with some soda water - good for you too.

I keep ginger ale in the fridge. It's good for settling upset stomachs and (I wouldn't have believed it 'til I tried it) easing acid reflux. I really, really like Vernors Diet Ginger Ale.

It's good with a shot of whisky [called a whisky mac here.]

From California but in London at the moment.
    Ginger ale is one of my all time favorites!

I have recently begun drinking Ginger Beer (non - alcoholic) and find the ginger to be much stronger. If you want a tasty surprise pour half of the ginger beer in a full glass of ice to fill halfway. After that squeeze a quarter lime into the ginger drink and drop the squeezed lime in. Fill the rest of the glass with the ginger beer, let cool for 1 minute and take a sip. It is an amazing, refreshing drink that is currently my favorite! I am currently enjoying - "BundAberg," ginger beer found here in London.

Thanks everyone. I too have been looking for a non-sweet ginger ale. Now, does anyone know of a good non-sweet root beer like the kind A&W used to make but doesn't any longer?

Well, the good ginger ale that wasn't too sweet that I loved hasn't been around for a long time by me, figures that the store that carried it moved and now at the new location they act like they never even heard of it. Tried a couple of other ones, but too sweet, GUS was just perfect.

I love Canada Dry ginger ale. I like Schwepps raspberry ginger ale as well.

I tried some Canada Dry recently, that's usually what my mother had around when I was a kid, and I kind of remember White Rock brand too. Although I liked it when I was young, it's just too sweet now. I don't care for any sodas really, had a Sprite at the movies a couple of years ago, when I was younger it was a lemony drink that wasn't too sweet, now it tasted horrible, I couldn't even finish it, next time I just went with bottled water.

We hardly drink any type of soda now. The only time is when I order a pizza. Must have ice cold Pepsi with my pizza.
    Why is it that ‘fat chance’ and ‘slim chance’ mean the same thing?

We use to drink a lot of soda but got away from it. Now we drink ice tea. Once in awhile I do like Canada Dry ginger ale mixed with a little fruit juice. Growing up in the 50's my mom always had a bottle of celery tonic in the refrigerator. I hated the stuff. To me it tasted like what a cigar smells like.

Quote Originally Posted by jujube View Post
    Have you tried Vernor's? You used to only be able to get it in Michigan but it's all over now. It's pretty strong. I used to live right around the corner from the Vernor's plant and you could stand on the sidewalk and look through large windows at the operation.
    That's the brand we used to drink in the 60s and 70s in Cleveland. I've not seen it in Nevada, so when I crave ginger ale I buy Canada Dry.

Been wanting some ginger ale lately and they don't sell the GUS brand I liked in the stores anymore, always seems I like something and they stop having it.

Anyhoo, since I was going for a less sweet ginger ale, the next best thing that's available now is Q brand. We've tried the ginger beer too in that brand, a little sweeter and spicier, they use chili peppers. We have both in the fridge now, the bottles are tiny and it's pricey, but we just sip it and don't really drink it for thirst, so good enough for now. Their site HERE.

I like to have ginger ale around at the holidays. Ginger ale and cranberry juice make a good drink.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.