Porcelain Shards Turned Into Flowering Blooms

Porcelain Shards Turned Into Flowering Blooms

This gal turns shards of porcelain into flowering blooms. http://www.boredpanda.com/ceramic-sh...s-zemer-peled/

What a brilliant and beautiful way to recycle!

Very nice. Funny, I had just been thinking about this section and had just finished uploading a couple of pictures to my home pc album and right after came here and saw this post. Very cool.
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

Such pretty 'flowers'! And so creative.

Love it! I haven't gone 3D yet but I mosaic,started with tiles but are doing glass.

Cool Paper Sculptures of Nature's Creatures

More here.

Iíve had quite an exciting career over the last 18 years, Iíve worked as an animator, directed music videos and Iíve also owned and was the creative director of an animation company in London. All these things were a great life experience and I learnt a lot about myself. One of the main things I realised, was I that I missed creating work of my own. I wanted to slow down, get off the computer and feel a bit more free.

I started to create designs out of paper about 6 years ago. I started to make things in my spare time while I worked on graphic design and animation projects. I first made a 2D paper hummingbird. I loved working with the paper and found the whole experience really relaxing, almost like meditating.

As time went on I was lucky to become a member of the Paper Artists Collective, a global group of super talented paper artists. I started to experiment with 3-dimensional models and tried to challenge myself with more difficult designs.

My first real break came from Waitrose Magazine in the UK. I was asked to make a paper blue tit for the cover. It was a real challenge to work out how to construct the wing, I needed to find lots of images of a blue tit in flight, shot from as many angles as possible in order to work it out.

On average it takes 5 days to make one of the models. The blue titís feathers were all hand cut and fringed, the body was made from hundreds of hand-cut pieces of paper. The chameleon and bee are both made from approximately 600 little hand-cut paper triangles.

I have to pick my jaw up off the floor !!!! The time and the detail involved is amazing !!!!! I'd drive myself crazy if I even Attempted to try these !

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.