Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Getting To Know Senior Forums

Thank you for laying out the rules so clearly.

I've noticed sometimes when I click on a picture up there at the top, it gives me a message saying, "Pookie, you do not have permission to access this page..."

Are some member's albums restricted?

Some member's albums may be set to private, but in that case you wouldn't see the photo displayed at the top of the page, unless they simultaneously are changing their album from public to private.

Something strange has happened in the last few days. Usually, I am logged in, but all of a sudden, I get logged out every time I am finished with this forum, and have to
    log in again each time. Is there any way I can stop this, and just stay logged in? (I check the "recognize" box, but it doesn't work.)

That has happened to me a time or two, mostly it happens on my tablet. I'm thinking it's just another glitch in the changing of the guard SF did recently.
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, at least I know it isn't just me. It is a bit annoying, and I hope it gets fixed.

It should be caused by the server move. Please clear your browse cache or try a different browser.

I tried a different browser. Made no difference; I still had to log in.

Various Sections Within Senior Forums

There are different forums here for numerous topics. It makes reading and searching easier than just posting among the many threads in General Discussions. Here are just a few examples of different forums and descriptions found on the Home Page.

cap1.PNG

cap2.PNG

Thanks for all the wonderful information!
    I did some technical writing in my career and it frustrates me to no end when things aren't documented in a way that's usable for new users. This is horribly common with android apps...
    Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul - Samuel Ullman

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze View Post
    I thought I would review the basics of the forum, to help my fellow members find their way around. Just some things to know, in a nutshell.

Forum Homepage

1. At the top of the homepage, next to your user name, you'll see "Notifications", this is where you are notified of any private messages, visitor messages, photo album comments, reputation comments, etc.

2. Next to that, there are tabs to click on to view your "Profile", and your "Settings" page.

3. On the next bar down, you can click on "Albums", this will show you pages of all the member's albums, and the ones with the latest updates will show first. You can look at an album, click on the photo to enlarge it, click on "Next" to go to the next picture, and leave a comment if you want. Also, random photos from all the albums show at the top of the forum page, if you want to see one of those, just click on it.

4. Next to "Albums", you'll see "What's New", you can click on this tab to see all the forum activity, including posts, photos added to albums, and comments made on pictures.

5. On the bar below that, you'll see "New Posts", this is what I always use to see the newest posts that I haven't read yet. It lists all new posts, with the latest ones first. I don't see any album updates when I use this tab, but I click on "Albums" every now and then to check for any new photos.

6. Next to that, you'll see the "Private Messages" tab. Click on this to see all the PMs you've received or sent to others.

7. To the right of that is FAQ, click on this for more technical information on forum use and features.

8. At the bottom of the homepage, you'll see the users that are currently on the forum, next to your friends, you'll see a + sign. This is also the section of the forum that shows the member's birthdays, if you have given that information.

Your Profile Page

You'll see...

1. Your friend's avatars (click "More" if needed)

2. Your photo albums (click "More" if needed), or create a new album

3. Your groups (if any)

4. There are tabs to view your "Visitor Messages", profile information ("About Me"), "Friends", and customization option.

Other's Profile Pages

You can view other member's profile pages by clicking on their user name in a post, then clicking on "View Profile", or by clicking on their user name at the bottom of the homepage, if they are online. There you have the option of sending them a PM, finding their latest posts/threads, or clicking on "Friends" to send them a friend request.

Setting's Page

Use your setting's page to edit your profile, avatar, signature, and access other various general settings.
    I couldn't find "notifications" anywhere, SeaBreeze.

It's up in the right hand corner of the page Hal, next to your user name.

Capture.PNG

Lightbulb How To Read New or Most Recent Posts

When I visit the forum, I usually just click on "New Posts" at the top left side of the forum page. This shows me all the recent posts from all the forums except for the ones I have excluded.

You can also click on "Quick Links" and then click on "Today's Posts" in the drop-down menu.

If you choose to click on "What's New", you will see all new posts from all forums, even the ones you may have excluded. You will also see any new photo additions to albums here and any comments made on them.

Personally I don't subscribe to any particular threads, and since I use the "New Posts" link to see the latest posts, I also have to separately check the "Albums", if I want to see the latest additions to any member's albums here.

Just posting this for some newer members who aren't sure how to read the daily posts.

44.PNG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.