Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

What Rifles or Pistols Are You Using for Hunting or Shooting?

I like the indoor range close to here, and we have some friends with 115 acres who have a range. Nice!

Don M
    looks like or path have been a lot alike. The last deer I shot was tangled up in barbwire and that was about 3 years ago. I've got a lot of deer running around here. I let people hunt on my land until someone shoot 2 of my calves and that came to an end a few years back. The 300 mag sounds nice, rumor says army is testing the 300 mag for a sniper rifle. I was a sniper/sniper instructor in the early 80's. we trained everyone on any type of weapon, from national guard to SWAT teams. I've shoot competition (2 silver and a bronze).
    A lot of people don't believe me then I tell them armadillos are carriers of leprosy. (non-contagious type)

by the tag it has to be 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3 explosives. the symbel above the word "explosive" makes it one those. 1.4 is normally ammunition.
    is there a circle with UN in the circle

open the cylinder look on frame behind crane, do you have picture of the right side?

Two of my keepers

S frame 44 mag
    Mod 1955 S&W Target 44 spl

Both 5 screw frames never part with them
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wayne; 05-03-2017 at 08:05 AM.

I don't hunt or shoot and don't own a gun of any kind. I have no problem with those that do.

A CZ 75 Compact 9MM and a custom made lawsuit preventer 18 1/4" barrel 12 gauge shotgun.

CZ compact 75.jpg
    shotgun3.jpg
    If you're not in over your head, you'll never know how tall you really are....

Quote Originally Posted by yank View Post
    Don M
    looks like or path have been a lot alike. The last deer I shot was tangled up in barbwire and that was about 3 years ago. I've got a lot of deer running around here. I let people hunt on my land until someone shoot 2 of my calves and that came to an end a few years back. The 300 mag sounds nice, rumor says army is testing the 300 mag for a sniper rifle. I was a sniper/sniper instructor in the early 80's. we trained everyone on any type of weapon, from national guard to SWAT teams. I've shoot competition (2 silver and a bronze).
    A lot of people don't believe me then I tell them armadillos are carriers of leprosy. (non-contagious type)
    I encourage our deers to "prosper". This Winter, I put out about 300lbs of corn for them, to keep them going while the vegetation was sparse. They are good neighbors, and if things ever went to pot, they could be a food source. I set up a couple of motion sensor sprinklers every Summer to keep them out of my garden, so we co-exist nicely.

I can see where the Army would consider using a .300 mag sniper rifle. With a little practice, my Browning BAR could probably "reach out and touch someone" at a distance of 1/2 mile, or more.

Armadillos DO carry Leprosy...in their blood. I watched a show once on Discovery Life Channel, where some young guy had killed an armadillo, and got some blood on his hands while handling the carcass. It wasn't long before he had the symptoms, and by the time the doctors were able to diagnose the disease, he was in miserable shape, and took months to recover....with scars and side effects for the rest of his life.
    Things get better with age....I'm approaching Magnificent.

I have three guns. A .380 and 9mm, both Kel-Tecs. I also have a sweet 1950s Beretta .22 auto. Too heavy to carry canceled. My .380 fits in my pocket holster just fine. Speaking of holsters, I have a drawer full of different styles and types.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.

This is all I have left. It's impressive looking but not very deadly. Nice for target shooting however.

Why do pictures of guns look better when shooting left instead of right?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I don't hunt or shoot and don't own a gun of any kind. I have no problem with those that do.
    Lon it is not often you see a non gun owner say something like that respects to you for doing so.

I've got a couple of revolvers. A Ruger GP 100 in Blue Steel with the 4 inch barrel and adjustable sights and a Smith and Wesson Model 60 J frame in .38 special.

I've owned several 1911's in .45 ACP in the past because I really like the way they look and feel. However I ended up selling them because they are a bit too bulky for personal carry which I use my .38 snub for and I wasn't all that accurate with them for shooting at the range which is what I use the Ruger for. Besides that I mostly reload my own ammunition for practice shooting and I don't want to be bothered with sorting and trimming cases which you really have to do with an automatic if you want to avoid jamming. Revolvers on the other hand are very forgiving in that regard.

I still have all my reloading tools but I've gotten away from going to the range. In fact I think I've only fired one round from my Ruger in the past 5 years. That was into an old computer hard drive I was getting ready to throw away. I didn't rely on just shooting it though. Before that I overwrote eveything on it about 7 times with Eraser, then beat the heck out of it with a three pound hammer. Then I shot it with my .357.

I'm pretty much on the far left politically.

But I don't believe in gun control at all.

I probably should live in Vermont.

I like their politics, and I like their gun laws which amounts to "No permit? No Problem!"

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.