Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Show Us Your Furkids!

IMG_0009.jpgThis is our sweet Papillon named Sammy. He is 5 yrs old and such a sweet dog.

You have a sweet little birthday boy there Lois, love Sammy's big butterfly ears!

Then Bentley joined our little family 1 1/2 yrs ago, and oh my things will never be the same. Our Sammy weighs 15 lbs while Bentley weighs 6 lbs. Bentley certainly holds his own and their is a lot of jealousy. Just can't spread the love far enough. �� ��. ��. This picture was taken after he had some minor foot surgery.IMG_0089.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Grampa Don View Post
    Here is our Sparky doing his morning yoga routine. It calms him.

Attachment 36857

Sparky is a tibetan terrior.

Don
    My dog Bonnie (70 lbs of American Staffordshire/pit bull terrier) does this same yoga routine, though usually with her front legs up over her head. It's part of her morning routine. She'll lay there like that waiting for me to come over and pet her tummy and tell her what a wonderful girl she is. Of course she is not spoiled a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    My dog Bonnie (70 lbs of American Staffordshire/pit bull terrier) does this same yoga routine, though usually with her front legs up over her head. It's part of her morning routine. She'll lay there like that waiting for me to come over and pet her tummy and tell her what a wonderful girl she is. Of course she is not spoiled a bit!
    It's funny how pets can tell you what they want without saying a word. In the morning, Sparky will sit in the kitchen and stare at me. When I ask him what he wants, he'll look over at the cupboard where his treats are stored. My wife says that being spoiled is what they're for.

Don

Here's the "real" Hoot & Annie -this pic is over a year old, and sadly Annie (on the right) has crossed rainbow bridge.

kids3.jpg
    "The rain fell alike upon the just and upon the unjust, and for nothing there was a why and a wherefore." W. Somerset Maugham

My fuzzy Lil buddy Fidget...

I don't BELIEVE IT!!!!!

Alfie, Molly and a friend's pooch visiting us for the weekend - all Border terriers!

cardogs.jpg

This is our girl, Trixie the Chinchilla (yes, that was her official name, LOL). She went to the Rainbow Bridge about 4 years ago.

206734_1023296553960_5637249_n.jpg
    I am trying to find myself. Have you seen me anywhere?

I've only owned one cat. When I was going to college and living with my parents, I worked at a gas station that had a towing service. One day they towed in an abandoned car and there was a calico kitten in the back seat. I took it home and named it Ford, because that's where I found her. She was a sweet thing who only scratched one person. We had a friend of the family, Mrs. Kelly, an elderly woman. One evening she was helping my Mom in the kitchen and Ford was under her feet. She shut the refrigerator door, and Ford's tale was in the way. Mrs. Kelly got the worst of it.

My Mom would not allow a cat to stay indoors all night, so Ford had to sleep outside. One morning I found her in the street out front.

My wife and I got our first dog as soon as we had a place with a fenced in yard. Since then we've always had one. They seem to make the family complete. Our boys have had all kinds of pets; birds, snakes, guinea pigs, rabbits, lizards, fish, even a tarantula. And, for five years I had a pet mallard duck I named Spot. But, we've never had a cat. Here is a photo of Spot enjoying a dip in a trash can lid. She was a good girl. I still have one of her eggs.

spot.jpg

Don

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.