Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Roommates

it is a crap shoot. but to get head start it should be someone you know and like/love and respect and know well...then it is very workable. no surpirses that way.

OOOOOOOOps I really need to check dates of threads here,LOL

I think I'm in Florida, but I'm not sure any more......my GPS blew away.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeAgain View Post
    OOOOOOOOps I really need to check dates of threads here,LOL
    A lot of older posts are worth being revived!
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

This makes me sad because of Ina.

"It isnít pollution thatís harming the environment. Itís the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.
    " -- Dan Quayle

that is not my advice ...just stuff I stole from others and it was then and continues to be timeless!!! so old post or not..!!

Quote Originally Posted by C'est Moi View Post
    This makes me sad because of Ina.
    It's coming up on a year since she passed on, rest peacefully dear Ina, we still think of you and miss you very much.

I would never want to take in a roommate but I might do it rather than have to live with one of my kids. I wouldn't want to inflict myself upon them and their mates.

You can be my room mate, Linda!

I took in two roommates (separately) when I first moved into my home. To help me with expenses. Both were less than pleasant experiences. The first lady was, well, odd. rarely left her room, even brought her food in there to eat. She often gave me less than our agreed upon (in writing) rent. We worked at the same place, and often she spread hateful and untrue rumors about me. It is not like we were kids. I was in my early 40s, she was a few years older. I kicked her out.
    The second lady was not so bad, but our personalities clashed. Not in a bad way, but enough that we simply did not get along. She moved out on her own.

I am sure I would never do it again, say if something happened to my husband, but I would find better ways to vet the people.
    If there's a Rock and Roll heaven, you know they have a hell of a band.

know really well...and trust-t -It is a crap shoot. but to get head start it should be someone you know and like/love and respect and know well...then it is very workable. no surpirses that way.

Northeast PA. Live near the NASCAR track, with deer, bears, rabbits. On an always growing lawn.
    I hate to mention the obvious- roommates get older. One minor stroke can be devastating. One becomes the care taker of the other. What if one feels able to care for himself, but can't? I thought it would be nice to have a roomie. Ya know- somebody besides a cat. But before I could do anything. I found myself on the floor after a blackout. It took a minute to go from getting a possible roomie to being in a home.

How does one become responsible to become a caretaker for a tenant in your house? Is that for real legally?
    Sing, sing a song. Make it simple to last your whole life long - The Carpenters

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.