Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

What have you enjoyed collecting?

Collected dolls for many years. When I had to start putting some away due to lack of room, knew it was time to stop collecting.

I have been saving finger nail & toe nail clippings for 25 years and now have 26 lbs. of clippings and I hate the idea of throwing them out but don't know what else to do with them. ANY IDEAS?

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I have been saving finger nail & toe nail clippings for 25 years and now have 26 lbs. of clippings and I hate the idea of throwing them out but don't know what else to do with them. ANY IDEAS?
    Have you tried cloning?

Try using them in your nail gun!

I guess an odd one here to some but a friend and I collected ammunition boxes from all over the world when we stopped we had over 100 countries between us. I was surprised to how many do this and we traded to those in many countries. My oldest went back to the mid 1800's.

Vintage ladies magazines.

Key rings but I never bought one myself all from people who went abroad on holiday

Nor Cal, USA, south of Mt Shasta, west of Mt Lassen
    Fun reading about everyone's collections--well, except maybe for the nail clippings, lol. I have a collection of sand I keep in little glass jars from various beaches I have visited. Kind of cool to see the differences. I have a rock collection. I also collect miniature vases, under 3". I'm a fan of miniature roses and started collecting vases for them.
    Having fun and being creative online: www.breaktimehq.com

Of course. Melt them and pretend they are ivory.

Quote Originally Posted by Granny B. View Post
    Fun reading about everyone's collections--well, except maybe for the nail clippings, lol. I have a collection of sand I keep in little glass jars from various beaches I have visited. Kind of cool to see the differences. I have a rock collection. I also collect miniature vases, under 3". I'm a fan of miniature roses and started collecting vases for them.
    I always pick up rocks and engrave them from the places I have visited. Those engravers are cheap.
    Now my grandson does that and passes them on to his friends.

Lately, dust.....

My husband and I also collect coffee cups from locations that we visit every time I use one I think about that particular trip and have fond memories

I collected angels and crosses, then polish pottery. Am keeping the polish pottery but just keeping the angels and crosses I really love. Trying to de clutter as I don't need this much stuff.

I have no idea how it started, but I have a collection of oil lamps. The vast majority of them actually work, but there are a few very pretty, decorative ones.
    I have two that look like aladdin's lamps and two made from lava rock from Iceland.
    When there's a storm coming and most people check the batteries in their flashlights, I make sure there is oil in at least two of my lamps; a big one for the center of the room and a small one for carrying around.

I was around the world a couple dozen times when I was in the Air Force. I have a small collection of small globes and a couple globe shaped lamps.
    I once saw a round paper lamp shade (for a hanging lamp) that was a globe. I regret not getting it.
    Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul - Samuel Ullman

'Stuck inside the Midwest with the LA blues again'
    These days, nothing. But in the distant past I collected decorative coffee mugs, decorative ashtrays, and telephone books. Everywhere I went, I'd grab a phone book- ones from larger cities, like NYC, LA, and Montreal, were kinda heavy.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.