Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

What have you enjoyed collecting?

Fitness Dvds......even with streaming now, still love my dvds, cover art, .....sold off some I'd never do again but still have alot!..

I have a few hens & baskets, too.

amber hen.jpgblue hen.jpghens1.jpgwhite hen.jpg
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Even a cat in a basket

cat basket1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I have been saving finger nail & toe nail clippings for 25 years and now have 26 lbs. of clippings and I hate the idea of throwing them out but don't know what else to do with them. ANY IDEAS?
    toenail skull.jpg

My hubby collects coins, something I have never understood. Who pays hundreds of dollars for a quarter???

I will admit to having a handbag "problem" and I love kitchen gadgets, good cookware, and dishes. Sigh. I also have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many cookbooks.

What a charming thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Horn View Post
    What a charming thread!
    Haha. We all enjoy talking about our hoards. C'mon, tell us what you collect!!

For my 21st birthday my mom gave me a pair of salt and pepper shakers: one apple and one orange. I had just moved into my first apt. She had actually purchased a full apple set and a full orange set and we each had opposing sets. Needless to say people saw them. From then on anytime a friend or relative went on vacation they would bring me a set of S&P's. I have many that are the same shape; but labeled with different state names. The nicest gifts from traveling are silver and from Spain. Collections can take up a great deal of space so I have not added any for at least 10 years and most are in boxes in the garage.

I collect videotapes (American), and DVDs (worldwide). Many years ago I foresaw the time when I might put a stop to television and movie theatres, so I started this hobby. It's now serving me well. I gave Comcast the boot to the butt over a year ago, threw my antenna in the dumpster about six months later, and had no trouble being without cable/free TV...although I do still watch stuff on Internet TV, but mostly its all about my DVDs and videotapes. I seen many hobbies come and go, but this is the first one that has proven useful over the long haul.

We have perhaps 250 Hummel Figurines we have collected over the years. I seem to have collected a massive collection of tools...both hand and powered...very rarely do I tackle a project where I don't have the tools to do the job properly.
    Things get better with age....I'm approaching Magnificent.

Stamps, coins, shells, fossils, as a kid. In my teens I left them all, mostly, behind. I still have a few of each. No big money items, just keepsakes that bring back fond memories. Life has too many interesting things for me to discover, all of the time, without fixating on a chosen collectible category, or two, or three, or - - - -

Good Morning.
    I collect postage stamps from all over the world. Mostly portraying steam trains and/or aircraft.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.