PSA Prostate Cancer Test is Hoax

Exclamation PSA Prostate Cancer Test is Hoax

Some information about the inconsistencies and possible harm that can come from PSA testing and resulting treatments. Although many men may develop prostate cancer as they age, they will die with it, not from it. Very few actually die from the cancer itself.

PSA screening disaster:

The standard PSA (prostate specific antigen) test was approved by the FDA in 1994, and each year millions of men are screened via a blood test for the PSA antigen, which is manufactured exclusively by the prostate gland.

For many men, this is when the serious life threatening trouble begins. Early, aggressive allopathic prostate cancer treatment can and does cause permanent damage, including impotence, heart attacks, incontinence and even death from a disease that is, ironically, statistically unlikely to kill them.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/041796_PS...#ixzz2dE2lmaa9
    "...don't regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"

Ive never felt convinced by the annual blood test alone so I have a digital examination as well every other year

Statistically, I may not be here had my GP not taken notice of the rate of acceleration in my PSA readings. A biopsy and reference to the Gleason scale confirmed high grade, aggressive cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Ive never felt convinced by the annual blood test alone so I have a digital examination as well every other year

Hopefully your doctor is Asian, female, or both!

I think I recently read somewhere that saw palmetto can affect the PSA reading.

Did they make a mathematical error or am I reading it wrong?

Although prostate cancer cases increase with age, still, only about 3% of men actually die from it.

The American Cancer Society states that in 2013, approximately 238,590 new cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed and estimates that about 29,720 men will die from it.

29,720/238,590= 12.5%, not 3% ...

???
    Philstivus - a strange way of life for strange people ...

Depends on who's statistics you believe.

Although prostate cancer cases increase with age, still, only about 3% of men actually die from it.
    Very reassuring ..... provided you aren't one of the three percent.

Quote Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
    Did they make a mathematical error or am I reading it wrong?

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

29,720/238,590= 12.5%, not 3% ...

???
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]
    Maybe 3% "actually" die from it, and the 12.5% is the "estimate" that "about" that many will die. Actually anything from the American Cancer Society I take with a grain of salt, as their numbers are likely skewed and shown to be higher for various reasons...like scare tactics, as they have their own agenda. Anything that starts with 'American', I find suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze View Post
    . Anything that starts with 'American', I find suspicious.

Yep, too much of a 'jump on the bandwagon' ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jambi View Post
    Yep, too much of a 'jump on the bandwagon' ring to it.
    Same as Smart, Smart Phone, Smart TV, Smart Meter...I find them all suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze View Post
    Same as Smart, Smart Phone, Smart TV, Smart Meter...I find them all suspicious.
    Add smart bombs to the list.

I believe that many times, people who live in the outside world (as opposed to senior communities) don't get a true picture of the number of problems that seniors have. In our Florida community of 350 homes, where, over the past 24 years we have become acquainted with almost all of the residents... we get to see a lot more of the frailties of seniors.
    Almost everyone "doctors"... and almost everyone has some kind of physical problem, to one degree or another. Surprisingly, in this atmosphere, wheter publically or privately, almost everyone puts aside the vanity of "I'm healthy"... to accept that stuff happens... and it doesn't always happen overnight, as in an accident. Fortunately most of these residents have medicare or health insurance, and with the acknowledgement of so many people with health issues, there is no longer that mantra of "I won't go to the doctor unless I'm dying". If it's "broke" they want it "fixed".

As to the current actions of trying to minimize excesses of testing or prescribing, for the most part, our people are still inclined to be safe rather than sorry. Hopefully the current and rapid influx of low cost digital testing will offset some of the most expensive tests, but at this point, I for one, may not do my part in reducing costs, by foregoing tests that might help me stay alive a while longer.

My opinion only.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.