Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 135

Do you believe in an afterlife? If so what is your beliefs as to what happens when you die?

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
    Oh, I know - I like to switch sides suddenly.

    No, seriously - I'm just pointing out the foibles of my own response - that even with yes/no answers, people are going to want to elaborate.

    Ahh..ok

    Well, I've had a lot of petit morts, but I doubt my reports would be allowed on this forum.
    well..you know comedians die onstage all the time..but they return to the scene of the crime. people are such optimists sometimes and I love humanity for continuing to try despite knowing in the grand scheme of things our footprints just wash away...or do they......

    * Rod Serling steps out of the shadows..."it was just a response to a thread on a Forum....but that thread lead to a place not mentioned...even in Wiki....because it's offline...way offline..in an uncharted corner know as..The Twilight Zone"



  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Suburban NJ
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen99 View Post
    well..you know comedians die onstage all the time..but they return to the scene of the crime. people are such optimists sometimes and I love humanity for continuing to try despite knowing in the grand scheme of things our footprints just wash away...or do they......

    * Rod Serling steps out of the shadows..."it was just a response to a thread on a Forum....but that thread lead to a place not mentioned...even in Wiki....because it's offline...way offline..in an uncharted corner know as..The Twilight Zone"

    I love it, Karen. I could hear Rod Serling speaking the words. Very good.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    14,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Babsinbloom65 View Post
    Cookie, no I am not one of those people. But I am a person that is very curious about things that interest me and love to ask questions on those subjects. And I know I did not tell anyone how they have to feel about this subject or any other. But I do have a question for you...if you have no thoughts or beliefs on the afterlife, why did you even bother to come and post here.
    Your topic question was 'Do you believe in an afterlife?'. It doesn't say the topic is only for those who do believe in an afterlife.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    18,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Babsinbloom65 View Post
    Even with all that has happened with so many of you I just can't imagine that you don't have a thought of what might happen to you after you die or even seem to care about it...even if it just that as some have said they believe when you die you are just dead and that is it I would like to know that.
    I think about death very frequently because so very many of my family members and friends have died before me and I'm not that old. So I do wonder about it all. But what can be done about death? It happens to all. No one has ever come back to tell us anything about an afterlife. If any of my friends or relatives had come back after death, I might think more about what happens after we die. But since they haven't thinking about it too much takes time away from the here and now and the pleasures and people in this life, in this world. I still think when the hippocampus goes, there is no more memory or consciousness..
    Boomer Senior

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Suburban NJ
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by chic View Post
    I think about death very frequently because so very many of my family members and friends have died before me and I'm not that old. So I do wonder about it all. But what can be done about death? It happens to all. No one has ever come back to tell us anything about an afterlife. If any of my friends or relatives had come back after death, I might think more about what happens after we die. But since they haven't thinking about it too much takes time away from the here and now and the pleasures and people in this life, in this world. I still think when the hippocampus goes, there is no more memory or consciousness..
    I think you have it exactly right. So many people spending so much of the short time we have here trying to ensure their place in an unlikely afterlife about which we know nothing.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Harris County, NE of Houston, Tx.
    Posts
    4,067
    Think outside the box. When I think outside of this small blue ball we call earth, I see no 'religion'. Only the continuous movement of existence. I see no heaven or hell. The ashes of everything become something else, and therefore continue on. I do not think my existence is any greater than the trees, animals, or the stars, but no less either. It is a journey.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,650
    Beautiful, Ina.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Vancouver Island Canada
    Posts
    13,345
    Very beautiful Ina. Thank you.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    14,604
    Nicely said, Ina.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Suburban NJ
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ina View Post
    Think outside the box. When I think outside of this small blue ball we call earth, I see no 'religion'. Only the continuous movement of existence. I see no heaven or hell. The ashes of everything become something else, and therefore continue on. I do not think my existence is any greater than the trees, animals, or the stars, but no less either. It is a journey.
    No need to hide behind the sofa, Ina. Great post. My view exactly. "We are all star stuff". When I go, my ashes will be mixed with my wife's and we will be returned together to the universe. We are all one.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma....U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,022
    Not sure if I believe or not.......I'm a fence sitter.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    339
    My physical body will end up as part of nature, but the part of it that thinks, has emotions, makes decisions good and bad is my soul. A mysterious part of me given by God(I AM in the Holy Bible) that will leave my body at its death and return to my God of the Bible.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
    My physical body will end up as part of nature, but the part of it that thinks, has emotions, makes decisions good and bad is my soul. A mysterious part of me given by God(I AM in the Holy Bible) that will leave my body at its death and return to my God of the Bible.
    REALLY??

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    30,586
    My physical body will end up as part of nature, but the part of it that thinks, has emotions, makes decisions good and bad is my soul.
    No, Elsie, it is your mind. Your mind functions as long as your brain is alive. The "soul" was made up by theologians centuries ago, to keep people in line. As others have said in several different threads here, there
    is no evidence that any part of our consciousness survives after we are dead. The fact that a fairy tale was written centuries, or millennia ago, and included in a book that we were told was "holy," does not make
    that fairy tale true.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    No, Elsie, it is your mind. Your mind functions as long as your brain is alive. The "soul" was made up by theologians centuries ago, to keep people in line. As others have said in several different threads here, there
    is no evidence that any part of our consciousness survives after we are dead.
    ...and there is no evidence that your belief is true. You are going on faith just as Elsie is...and I.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Similar Threads

  1. But, it's against my religious beliefs!!!!
    By Grumpy Ol' Man in forum Current News and Hot Topics
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 09-30-2015, 06:07 PM
  2. Man dead for 45 minutes says he awoke after seeing afterlife
    By Davey Jones in forum Current News and Hot Topics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Family & Health Forums: Pet Forums - Health Forum