Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I guess the Truckers are headed for DC next.

I guess the Truckers are headed for DC next.

Well, we had the recent marches to Washington DC with the Muslims, and then there were the Veterans March with all the Motorcycle riders, and next is supposed to be all the truck drivers headed for the Capitol.
    They are going to do a three day strike and ride to DC, and some will just stay hem for those three days, which is scheduled for October 11-13. They are also asking for public support by not buying anything at stores for those 3 days.
    I think the stores and gas stations are all going to be short on products if the truckers stop for that long.
    Nothing will move !
    I am going to try and get a little extra canned food stocked up before that happens, just in case things should go longer than the three days.
    I guess this was in the news, but I am just now reading about it.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.

Why are they doing it HFL are they disgruntled with their pay or something else??

I think that mainly this is a protest against the latest Obama proclamations, the high prices we are paying for food and fuel, and the job situation.
    Money seems to be the only thing that Washington pays attention to anymore.
    There is a Facebook page about it, and here is a link to one of the articles:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3068977/posts
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.

I'm sorry, I couldn't get past a comment decrying the outrage of gas at $3 a gallon! W E W I S H!

We have the occasional truck convey protest here too, never amounts to much and can't even recall what most are about. Some over regulation restrictions and some over companies pushing drivers to the edge and over with unrealistic schedules.

I hope it proves worth the effort whatever it's about, that link didn't mean much to us here. But that doesn't matter.

Hope this has some effect; not sure if it's just unions or all truckers, but usually if the unions strike, the independents will take up the slack, so the effect isn't as strong. Sad thing is, it's hard to get people together over any cause in this country. If there's money to be made, some will be happy to haul the freight, even tho not doing so would benefit them all in the long run.

In any event, it would be wise to get what you need beforehand, since others will be doing it, so stores could run short on some things.

Anne, that is my thought exactly !
    Mostly, these come to nothing, but these days, you can't count on anything; so putting a little extra food on the back porch just in case seems like a wise precaution to me.
    Canned food lasts a long time, and needs nothing more than a can opener to be eaten, if necessary.
    Winter will be coming along soon enough, and we never knows what storms are in store, and the extra supplies will be good for that, too.
    It seems like there was some other talk about something happening mid-October, but I can't remember what I read, or even where , right now.

It does not matter if a million or 50 roll through DC in this effort. Congress will listen to We the People. Which is remove Obama from office for crimes of treason and misdemeanors. We want Congressional hearing on Benghazi and Seal Team 6. Louis Learner [sic] put in jail. No amnesty, remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution. Remove Eric Holder from office for crimes against the people and the Constitution. Last but not least is Fuel prices.
    Seriously? Is this it?
    For this the whole country has to suffer ?

Please tell me it is about something more substantial than this.
    Change is the tool that serves the common good

It's obviously substantial enough to them Warri.
    I don't have a clue what most of that is about so I'm leaving them to judge, you must know know more about it than me.
    I don't even know what half of our protests are about let alone worrying about America's.

No, I also await information. That quote was from the link provided by HappyFlowerLady.
    I really hope they have some achievable aims, otherwise, why bother ?
    Change is the tool that serves the common good

There hasn't been a lot about it on the news yet but I'm sure there will be more as the time nears.

As for the whole country suffering? I don't see how this will cause any suffering. There has been plenty of warning so people can fill their autos and their pantrys. We keep ours full anyway.

Those without jobs have been suffering all this time. I'm hoping this will get the governments attention, but I don't have any faith left in our government.
    I came into this world with nothing and I still have most of it.
    Larry

If you think prices are high there.
    Come to England. But bring Heart attack pills with you.

I have heard they are high there Little Owl

To right they are high.

From what I have read it is swings and roundabouts, depending what you are purchasing.

I recall about two years ago on one of the forums an Australian lady was coming to England for a holiday and whilst here was going to buy all her winter clothes because they were cheaper than what she could buy in Australia..........as I said swings and roundabouts.
    Billy no mates..........

Quote Originally Posted by rkunsaw View Post
    There hasn't been a lot about it on the news yet but I'm sure there will be more as the time nears.

As for the whole country suffering? I don't see how this will cause any suffering. There has been plenty of warning so people can fill their autos and their pantrys. We keep ours full anyway.

Those without jobs have been suffering all this time. I'm hoping this will get the governments attention, but I don't have any faith left in our government.
    I agree, rkunsaw. It seems there's so little we can do to show our government we're sick of the corruption; they just do whatever they please. Now; I expect more executive orders, regardless of what the people want.

Sure would be nice if we could fire the whole bunch - they're supposed to be working for us, after all!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.