Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

A whole flock of possums !

Glad that's over, I hauled him down to the wooded area by the S. Canadian River so he went from being a city skunk to a country skunk......by draping a towel over the trap this time the best part is that I did it 'Without Getting Sprayed !'

The Hav-A-Hart live traps work really well and releasing critters is quick, easy and painless.trap.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by IKE;666540 7-28-17
    Just got back from relocating # 8 and cleaning up his mess (poop)......cleaning up possum poop is not really something that I look forward to at 5:00 in the morning.
    Possum #9 was relocated about an hour ago......all the others were calm but this one growled, hissed and was biting at the wire cage, he was not a happy camper.possum.jpg

I have "saved" several opossums at my place of work that wandered into the big roll up warehouse doors that are sometimes open at night. One was in my bosse's office.. the boss and everyone else was terrified by him. I just grabbed him by the tail and put him into a box to be released a few miles down the road. Young possums can actually be held once you show them that you are not going to harm them. They may open their mouths and hiss, but it's all just a bluff. Once you hold the little scared guys, they seem to relax in your arms, almost like they feel protected. And skunks.. I have had many skunks walk almost right up to me when I'm fishing at night. As long as you don't make any fast moves, they will continue on their way and not spray you. I've even told them to move away from my bait and pushed them away with my fishing rod. Most of these night critters know you are there before we see them and will avoid us.

Bless your hearts!

I caught #10 last night and just got back from relocating him.......I'm actually pretty surprised that there are so many around in a residential neighborhood.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.