Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Day Without Immigrants

Thanks for that link, Warrigal.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrigal View Post
    Criminalisation of immigrants is nothing new. If this paper by the American immigration Council is anything to go by, it has been happening for several decades. The current administration is just making more noise about it.

https://www.americanimmigrationcounc...-united-states
    As always, the word "illegal" is absent. True, when a person really wants to become an American and goes through the process, that person is motivated to be a good American. When a person comes in illegally, not to be an American but to rake what he can legal or otherwise, that is a different situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrigal View Post
    Criminalisation of immigrants is nothing new. If this paper by the American immigration Council is anything to go by, it has been happening for several decades. The current administration is just making more noise about it.

https://www.americanimmigrationcounc...-united-states
    Warrigal, immigrants are invisible to most of us. Non are required to wear special arm bands. What the US and people are saying is that we do not want any more ILLEGAL immigrants. Authors tend to omit that very different description. All ILLEGAL immigrants are criminal as they broke the law when entering without registering and getting permission. This one fact seems to turn your referenced author into a misguided and wrong author. What he says about legal immigrants may be true but he did not include the ILLEGAL immigrants when say most immigrants have done nothing and are not criminals. Facts are facts, ILLEGAL immigrants are criminals, always.

Racism is now so rampant in rural Penna communities, not a day goes by without hearing stories about Trump bullies who assume all non-whites they encounter aren't citizens, screaming & shouting at them: Illegals! Terrorists! Go back where you belong! And local law enforcement refuses to get involved using the excuses: no laws were broken, nobody got hurt, there's nothing we can do. Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by maplebeez View Post
    Racism is now so rampant in rural Penna communities, not a day goes by without hearing stories about Trump bullies who assume all non-whites they encounter aren't citizens, screaming & shouting at them: Illegals! Terrorists! Go back where you belong! And local law enforcement refuses to get involved using the excuses: no laws were broken, nobody got hurt, there's nothing we can do. Sad!
    Racism is not due to Trump. Racism goes more into family education and less to politics. I have recently left Arizona where all races and colors live and that includes native Americans too. People live together, work together, go to school together, and I don't remember any racism going on. I know live in northern Ohio, for 6 months now, and again I see none of the racism being talked about.

I don't feel that we have much racism in the US any more, except in some of these demonstrations that get going. These out of control freedom marches where they block others from doing their things by blocking the roads and walkways, destroying stores and buildings, burning cars. All in defense of their right to have freedoms of access and freedom of speech. No love for others.

Quote Originally Posted by BobF View Post
    Racism is not due to Trump. Racism goes more into family education and less to politics. I have recently left Arizona where all races and colors live and that includes native Americans too. People live together, work together, go to school together, and I don't remember any racism going on. I know live in northern Ohio, for 6 months now, and again I see none of the racism being talked about.
    Agree with this part, Bob. The difference is it's more acceptable out in the open now. If a person makes a friend with someone not just like themselves, they will see things differently. That opportunity is not so readily available in rural areas. Very easy in urban areas. I would venture to guess that might *also* explain some of the divide in America, between rural and urban areas.
    Last edited by NancyNGA; 02-18-2017 at 01:14 PM.

And in urban PA they burn the American flag and attack the police. Since the one is blamed on "Trump supporters" who are the others "Hillary supporters" or "Obama supporters"?

Senate Republicans Tom Cotton & David Perdue introduced legislation to end all legal immigration to the United States. Details of this bill can be found in stories at Fox News, Reuters & CNN websites.

Senate Republicans Tom Cotton & David Perdue introduced legislation to end all legal immigration to the United States. Details of this bill can be found in stories at Fox News, Reuters & CNN websites.
    A link to your input about legislation rather than stories so if there is legislation introduced reading the content of that legislation instead of stories that may have selective editing works better.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    A link to your input about legislation rather than stories so if there is legislation introduced reading the content of that legislation instead of stories that may have selective editing works better.
    I did find a story about the bill,the story says the bill proposes that legal immigration be lowered to 500,000 per year instead of the present one million. Doesn't look to me like half a million immigrants per year is exactly a proposal to "end all legal immigration." I goofed and the link didn't save, but I just googled "bill to end legal immigration."

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I did find a story about the bill,the story says the bill proposes that legal immigration be lowered to 500,000 per year instead of the present one million. Doesn't look to me like half a million immigrants per year is exactly a proposal to "end all legal immigration." I goofed and the link didn't save, but I just googled "bill to end legal immigration."
    If the bill is to reduce the number of legal immigration's, that sounds good. I see the news clips of immigrants heading into Europe with mobs of folks marching across country and headed elsewhere. Just how will these expected home countries handle such mobs at the moment and in coming years. It looks like bad times in the making.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.