Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Strongsville Police Shoot Man Sitting In Van Smoking Cigarette...

"Oh dear, tut tut, how sad, Next?" What's really sad about this attitude, besides the sarcasm, is that many people feel the exact same way when a cop shoots and kills a UN-armed black child, woman, or man and gets away with it. Even after we've all seen the video with our very own eyes! "Black lives matter" was something a black woman e mailed to a friend after seeing so many unarmed people get shot and killed.

Next? Who knows? Me? You? Someone you love?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattypan View Post
    "Oh dear, tut tut, how sad, Next?" What's really sad about this attitude, besides the sarcasm, is that many people feel the exact same way when a cop shoots and kills a UN-armed black child, woman, or man and gets away with it. Even after we've all seen the video with our very own eyes! "Black lives matter" was something a black woman e mailed to a friend after seeing so many unarmed people get shot and killed.

It was almost me 40 years ago but I won't go into it. I'm lucky to be alive.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched
    - they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

There is an investigation looking into whether lethal force was necessary in this chase and if the officer had the right to fire his weapon so the best thing we can do is wait for what the results reveal. This man was a hard core criminal used to running from the cops and wanted to desperately avoid jail time even if it meant putting all those around him in danger. It's not at all like those cases where the cop has shot a black man for no good reason this man led them on a high speed chase and they knew he was dangerous when it started. Pattypan it might be me you or someone we love if we go around stabbing people in armed assaults and engage in other violent crimes. If my partner was a violent criminal then I would expect him to be shot by the police or one of his own at any time day or night
    It is our mind, and that alone, that chains us or sets us free ~ Rinpoche

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    There is an investigation looking into whether lethal force was necessary in this chase and if the officer had the right to fire his weapon so the best thing we can do is wait for what the results reveal. This man was a hard core criminal used to running from the cops and wanted to desperately avoid jail time even if it meant putting all those around him in danger. It's not at all like those cases where the cop has shot a black man for no good reason this man led them on a high speed chase and they knew he was dangerous when it started. Pattypan it might be me you or someone we love if we go around stabbing people in armed assaults and engage in other violent crimes. If my partner was a violent criminal then I would expect him to be shot by the police or one of his own at any time day or night
    It is your opinion he was hard core; he went to prison for 2 years. He served his time. What about forgiveness for these guys?That's part of what's wrong with things; no forgiveness or understanding for mistakes made. Yes he had a record but that doesn't mean he deserved to die or be shot when he was just sitting there smoking a cigarette.

What about love your fellow man:

Doesn't love and understanding and forgiveness apply to all or most? He wasn't a serial killer. So the police have a right to try him and execute him, is that it?

When a police officer is confronted by a dangerous situation, he or she does not have time to sit down and listen to a John Lennon song.

This is all that is going on in this thread now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattypan View Post

But this isn't about an UN-armed black child or woman. So why bring that into the discussion? Why interject the racial component? Sounds like a case of prejudice towards the police and an effort to pollute the thinking. That "Black lives matter" jazz seems to be more of the attempted pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthanne View Post
    This is all that is going on in this thread now.
    How fortunate there is the scroll capability.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.