Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48

Democrats, can I hear your views on political situation please?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,907
    Quote Originally Posted by BobF View Post
    Originally Posted by BobF
    Not joining in with the other countries of the world and working to end this current effort of some to have their religious beliefs believed by all or die, is nothing but surrender to ideas this country of the US does not believe in. In the Constitution is says we will have a military to protect our people make them safe from enemies and those that would kill us are definitely our enemies. So yes, not joining in the military of several countries to end these killers and their driving organization is surrender.

    We don't want to do that so we keep improving our border protection and increasing our interior police and military. For the US, surrender to self announced enemies is just pure cowardice.



    .................................................. ....................................

    Somewhat vague in your highlighted comments. Do you mean that you don't know about the threats to the US. Or our willingness to join with other countries to control these wild folks and defeat them if we can. Remember 9/11, their attacks in France and Germany, the attacks in Syria with Russia attempting to destroy them. I only post a couple but there are plenty of posts covering several years now.

    Cowardice is opposite of courage, and not to prepare and join in the fight to defeat those that are threatening or actually attacking you.

    Your post is very confusing.


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowardice\


    Cowardice is a trait wherein fear and excess self-concern override doing or saying what is right, good, and of help to others or oneself in a time of need—it is the opposite of courage. As a label, "cowardice" indicates a failure of character in the face of a challenge.[1]
    Many military codes of justice proscribe cowardice in combat as a crime punishable by death (note the phrase "shot at dawn").


    As an opposite of an action or trait that many existing and formerly extant cultures demand, cowardice rates as a character flaw that many societies and their representatives stigmatize and/or punish.

    Islamic State makes terrorism threat facing U.S. gravest since 9/11 attacks



    The terrorist threat facing the U.S. and its European allies is “bigger, wider and deeper” than at any point since the Sept. 11 attacks 15 years ago, the White House’s top counterterrorism official said in a grim review of global threats Wednesday.
    Thehttp://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-gravest-sinc/ dramatic rise of Islamic State and its ability to expand around the world presents a danger that is “considerably less predictable” than those posed by al Qaeda at the height of their power, shortly after the 2001 attacks on the Pentagon and World Trade Center, National Counterterrorism Center chief Nick Rasmussen said.


    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7402076.html


    Isis urges attacks on US voters

    New York, Texas and Virginia are put on alert amid intelligence that Islamist militants may be planning an attack during the presidential election
    Isis has called on its supporters to “slaughter” Americans voting in the presidential election and urged that US Muslims do not take part in the “apostasy of democratic voting”.

    Sorry that you are confused by my post. Your response however, makes a whole string of complex assumptions, for example: the "cowardice" theme that you seem bent on representing as fact...what on Earth are you talking about???

    And then, the rest of your response is reference to media headlines about the Islamic State, Isis and such, but not really contributing to tying together your assertion that Obama was "the worst POTUS in the last 70 years. ???
    Brain Basics“
    If you are breathing, there is more right with you than there is wrong.”

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    4,026
    Quote Originally Posted by tnthomas View Post
    Sorry that you are confused by my post. Your response however, makes a whole string of complex assumptions, for example: the "cowardice" theme that you seem bent on representing as fact...what on Earth are you talking about???

    And then, the rest of your response is reference to media headlines about the Islamic State, Isis and such, but not really contributing to tying together your assertion that Obama was "the worst POTUS in the last 70 years. ???
    Well sir, the confusion seems to be yours, not mine. I just reviewed these three pages of this thread and I did not once mention Obama.

    My comments were about the US following in the ISIS wars with other nations and to do otherwise would be cowardice. Obama had been doing some of it but now with Trump in charge the mission has been upgraded a lot.

    Relax a bit and see if you can straighten out this thread in your mind.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,109
    Quote Originally Posted by aeron View Post
    Look at Obamas record closely and his appalling performance when it comes to the international political scene not to mention his dealings with the security of your country and it will soon become clear that he was a disaster. Just as Bliar was the very worst PM that the UK ever had as is now becoming clear so very soon the Obama legacy will soon show that Obama was the worst POTUS that the US ever had, at least in the last 70 years. Bliar broke the UK, Obama broke the US.
    I felt more safe with President Obama than I do now and I am an American citizen while you are not. You have every right to your disagreement of course but it doesn't take away that you don't know how it feels to live in the USA because you are not here. I really cannot understand why you hold onto your intense dislike for BHO but you are of course free to feel however you feel aeron. How can you claim that BHO was the worst president in 70 years? I see no evidence of that.


    OBAMA’S LEGACY: NEARLY 450 ACCOMPLISHMENTS, WITH CITATIONS

    There are a lot of naysayers out there, but those who claim that President Barack Obama was not that great or even “a disaster” as President really do not know what they are talking about. Obama not only brought grace and dignity back to the White House, but he also accomplished a lot. He would have accomplished more, but “we the people” (including the professional left) labeled him “a disappointment” in his first two years, even though his policies prevented an economic depression and gave everyone better health insurance at a lower cost that would otherwise be the case.This was a remarkable man; easily the most “presidential” president we have seen in a while. And he has accomplished a lot, despite the hurdles we placed in his way, not the least of which was a Republican Congress that refused to do anything he proposed because they wanted to damage him.As a way to remember what a remarkable president he actually was, I present this list of many of President Obama’s accomplishments as President. It is not absolutely comprehensive; I’m sure many are missing. However, every one of them is cited as fact, so attempts to dismiss them will be dealt with accordingly; with a hearty, dismissive laugh. What is here is a hell of a legacy.If liberals want to win elections – and in a democracy, that must be our main goal – we have to be able to make people want to vote for us. That means accentuating the positive, and talking about how great we are, especially compared to the alternative. This is a liberal record that we can be proud of.

    http://pleasecutthecrap.com/obama-accomplishments/

    Love on the brain:

    A smile is the universal welcome.

    Max Eastman



  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,907
    Quote Originally Posted by BobF View Post
    Well sir, the confusion seems to be yours, not mine. I just reviewed these three pages of this thread and I did not once mention Obama.

    My comments were about the US following in the ISIS wars with other nations and to do otherwise would be cowardice. Obama had been doing some of it but now with Trump in charge the mission has been upgraded a lot.

    Relax a bit and see if you can straighten out this thread in your mind.
    Well, in your previous post you said this:

    Quote Originally Posted by BobF View Post
    Not joining in with the other countries of the world and working to end this current effort of some to have their religious beliefs believed by all or die, is nothing but surrender to ideas this country of the US does not believe in. In the Constitution is says we will have a military to protect our people make them safe from enemies and those that would kill us are definitely our enemies. So yes, not joining in the military of several countries to end these killers and their driving organization is surrender.

    We don't want to do that so we keep improving our border protection and increasing our interior police and military. For the US, surrender to self announced enemies is just pure cowardice.
    it is true that you did not mention Obama by name. However, I have to ask: Who were you referring to? And, your assumption about:

    Quote Originally Posted by BobF
    Not joining in with the other countries of the world and working to end this current effort of some to have their religious beliefs believed by all or die, is nothing but surrender to ideas this country of the US does not believe in.
    ...sounds like content from a media source who's purpose is to "push the buttons" and play on the fears of millions of Americans who are bewildered by Middle East events, and the underlying causes.

    The "cowardice" characterization is an emotional "hot button", and is not only inflammatory, but inaccurate and inappropriate for understanding the U.S. strategy in the middle east, in recent times.

    Here is a good article that is gives a good account of Middle East affairs, since the overthrow of Saddam Hussein :

    The rise of Isis
    Brain Basics“
    If you are breathing, there is more right with you than there is wrong.”

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,109
    Quote Originally Posted by tnthomas View Post
    Well, in your previous post you said this:



    it is true that you did not mention Obama by name. However, I have to ask: Who were you referring to? And, your assumption about:



    ...sounds like content from a media source who's purpose is to "push the buttons" and play on the fears of millions of Americans who are bewildered by Middle East events, and the underlying causes.

    The "cowardice" characterization is an emotional "hot button", and is not only inflammatory, but inaccurate and inappropriate for understanding the U.S. strategy in the middle east, in recent times.

    Here is a good article that is gives a good account of Middle East affairs, since the overthrow of Saddam Hussein :

    The rise of Isis
    That's a very good article Thomas. It shows that it is not Obama's fault that ISIS emerged and that the way Obama fought them has not been proven to be the wrong way to deal with ISIS. It was lies that justified the war in Iraq in the first place.
    A smile is the universal welcome.

    Max Eastman



  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    11,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthanne View Post
    That's a very good article Thomas. It shows that it is not Obama's fault that ISIS emerged and that the way Obama fought them has not been proven to be the wrong way to deal with ISIS. It was lies that justified the war in Iraq in the first place.
    So true. It was immoral from the first. Actually Saddam Hussein had his finger on the pulse of his people better than any foreigner could. Tell me this wasn't about gaining cheaper sources of fossil fuel, ie - oil.

    It appears to me the present administration is more concerned with terrorism than with the quality of the lives of the American people or for their lives themselves and I'm not speaking of fetuses. I'm speaking of those of us who've been born and are alive. I fear more Americans will die from lack of health care and the epidemics which could arise from that scenario, and even starvation, than in terrorist attacks.
    Boomer Senior

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    4,026
    Quote Originally Posted by tnthomas View Post
    Well, in your previous post you said this:



    it is true that you did not mention Obama by name. However, I have to ask: Who were you referring to? And, your assumption about:



    ...sounds like content from a media source who's purpose is to "push the buttons" and play on the fears of millions of Americans who are bewildered by Middle East events, and the underlying causes.

    The "cowardice" characterization is an emotional "hot button", and is not only inflammatory, but inaccurate and inappropriate for understanding the U.S. strategy in the middle east, in recent times.

    Here is a good article that is gives a good account of Middle East affairs, since the overthrow of Saddam Hussein :

    The rise of Isis
    If you cannot read English and understand it is you having a problem. Why must I be referring to Obama? I was not. Can't you imagine that the people of the US are very important and have rights and obligations to fight for our countries freedoms and safety?

    The article about the movie was interesting but in several place it was obvious the author was not 'right', 'centered', but was 'left' or 'far left' in the way he wrote. So did he write correctly, mostly but not all. And as I remember we did not fire the army, it just evaporated without Saddam's presence.

    Continue with your far left confusion if you wish. I will no longer respond to your confused outputs and twisted ideas. Stay within the content of the thread and stop flailing with your twisted ideas.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,907
    Quote Originally Posted by BobF View Post
    If you cannot read English and understand it is you having a problem. Why must I be referring to Obama? I was not. Can't you imagine that the people of the US are very important and have rights and obligations to fight for our countries freedoms and safety?

    The article about the movie was interesting but in several place it was obvious the author was not 'right', 'centered', but was 'left' or 'far left' in the way he wrote. So did he write correctly, mostly but not all. And as I remember we did not fire the army, it just evaporated without Saddam's presence.

    Continue with your far left confusion if you wish. I will no longer respond to your confused outputs and twisted ideas. Stay within the content of the thread and stop flailing with your twisted ideas.
    BobF, just forget it , O.K.? I was trying to help you, but your lefty blinders are getting in the way of your eyesight.

    If you think that I am a lefty, then I'm sure that pleases you, but it just shows how little you are able to absorb information that's real.
    Brain Basics“
    If you are breathing, there is more right with you than there is wrong.”

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    266

    The "forums poem" may help here...?

    Quote Originally Posted by tnthomas View Post
    BobF, just forget it , O.K.? I was trying to help you, but your lefty blinders are getting in the way of your eyesight.

    If you think that I am a lefty, then I'm sure that pleases you, but it just shows how little you are able to absorb information that's real.

    I'm just looking in to see how well the thread is going and overall I'm very happy with the responses from "Democratic leaning" forum members certainly.

    However, as I happen to use another forum for over fifties, and a small spat arose there on a completely unrelated topic, the advice given to read the "Forum's poem" seemed appropriate here too, and maybe timely (?):

    Quote
    "Before anyone else offers a twisted interpretation of anyone's "opinion", I think we should concentrate on our own style of communication. Above all, nobody should be required to qualify each of their posts. Most adults clearly understand there are "exceptions". For those who don't, please print off a copy of the "Forum's poem" and frame it above your computers .... as a guide! The last 7 lines of the poem deserve highlighting."


    They call them forums, the thinking heads,
    They add their comments, in various threads
    They're just a meeting place for folk,
    Who like a chat, or a little joke
    Now and then, a subject arises,
    Some of the responses, are full of surprises
    Some get hostile, they rave and rant,
    Whilst others fear, such talk may implant
    Opinions opposite, to their very own,
    So they block and report, and a seed is sewn
    Someone is denied, the right to speak mind
    This practice must stop, or ignorance we'll find
    Only a fearful, dictatorial few,
    Are afraid of other peoples view
    Let everyone speak their mind I say
    It's the only path to a happier day.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    4,026
    Quote Originally Posted by tnthomas View Post
    BobF, just forget it , O.K.? I was trying to help you, but your lefty blinders are getting in the way of your eyesight.

    If you think that I am a lefty, then I'm sure that pleases you, but it just shows how little you are able to absorb information that's real.
    My post just before this said I was not responding to your post. Then you tell me to forget it. Fine, I will forget it. The rest of your post makes no sense so it is easy to forget. You have not been posting any information at all. If you think you have posted information I would like you to point it out and explain as nothing but confusion comes from your posts.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    266

    Not happy with "information" provided, so maybe respond to these provided for you earlier...

    Quote Originally Posted by BobF View Post
    My post just before this said I was not responding to your post. Then you tell me ot forget it. Fine, I will forget it. The rest of your post makes no sense so it is easy to forget. You have not been posting any information at all. If you think you have posted information I would like you to point it out and explain as nothing but confusion comes from your posts.

    I notice you've so far ignored the "Forum's poem" but not to worry, you did mention a dearth of information above so maybe you wish to respond to the long list provided a little earlier by another forum member......?


    Ruthane Quote:

    OBAMA’S LEGACY: NEARLY 450 ACCOMPLISHMENTS, WITH CITATIONS

    "There are a lot of naysayers out there, but those who claim that President Barack Obama was not that great or even “a disaster” as President really do not know what they are talking about. Obama not only brought grace and dignity back to the White House, but he also accomplished a lot. He would have accomplished more, but “we the people” (including the professional left) labeled him “a disappointment” in his first two years, even though his policies prevented an economic depression and gave everyone better health insurance at a lower cost that would otherwise be the case.This was a remarkable man; easily the most “presidential” president we have seen in a while. And he has accomplished a lot, despite the hurdles we placed in his way, not the least of which was a Republican Congress that refused to do anything he proposed because they wanted to damage him.As a way to remember what a remarkable president he actually was, I present this list of many of President Obama’s accomplishments as President. It is not absolutely comprehensive; I’m sure many are missing. However, every one of them is cited as fact, so attempts to dismiss them will be dealt with accordingly; with a hearty, dismissive laugh. What is here is a hell of a legacy.If liberals want to win elections – and in a democracy, that must be our main goal – we have to be able to make people want to vote for us. That means accentuating the positive, and talking about how great we are, especially compared to the alternative. This is a liberal record that we can be proud of."


    http://pleasecutthecrap.com/obama-accomplishments/


    Last edited by grahamg; 03-21-2017 at 10:44 AM. Reason: clarity

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    4,026
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamg View Post
    I notice you've so far ignored the "Forum's poem" but not to worry, you did mention a dearth of information above so maybe you wish to respond to the long list provided a little earlier by another forum member......?


    Ruthane Quote:

    OBAMA’S LEGACY: NEARLY 450 ACCOMPLISHMENTS, WITH CITATIONS

    "There are a lot of naysayers out there, but those who claim that President Barack Obama was not that great or even “a disaster” as President really do not know what they are talking about. Obama not only brought grace and dignity back to the White House, but he also accomplished a lot. He would have accomplished more, but “we the people” (including the professional left) labeled him “a disappointment” in his first two years, even though his policies prevented an economic depression and gave everyone better health insurance at a lower cost that would otherwise be the case.This was a remarkable man; easily the most “presidential” president we have seen in a while. And he has accomplished a lot, despite the hurdles we placed in his way, not the least of which was a Republican Congress that refused to do anything he proposed because they wanted to damage him.As a way to remember what a remarkable president he actually was, I present this list of many of President Obama’s accomplishments as President. It is not absolutely comprehensive; I’m sure many are missing. However, every one of them is cited as fact, so attempts to dismiss them will be dealt with accordingly; with a hearty, dismissive laugh. What is here is a hell of a legacy.If liberals want to win elections – and in a democracy, that must be our main goal – we have to be able to make people want to vote for us. That means accentuating the positive, and talking about how great we are, especially compared to the alternative. This is a liberal record that we can be proud of."


    http://pleasecutthecrap.com/obama-accomplishments/


    Fine, once again I am supposed to read about Obama. That was not the threads direction or the point I was trying to make.

    The problem with that Obama booster is that it was written by an Obama booster and does tell of some good things but forgets about some not so good things. I have read this but don't believe a lot of it as I am not a left thinking person. Lets start with the first paragraph and I will say how I feel about it.

    There are a lot of naysayers out there, but those who claim that President Barack Obama was not that great or even “a disaster” as
    President really do not know what they are talking about. Obama not only brought grace and dignity back to the White House, but he also accomplished a lot. He would have accomplished more, but “we the people” (including the professional left) labeled him “a disappointment” in his first two years, even though his policies prevented an economic depression and gave everyone better health insurance at a lower cost that would otherwise be the case.
    Obama's first two years were basically a disaster. He refused to allow the Republicans to be part of the health care planning. No wonder none voted for a 3,000 page of mystery writing. Our national debt rose by more than a trillion in each year. The health plan has failed and medical prices have risen and the program is expected to fail within the next few years if not rewritten and fixed. Fixing the health care programs was one of Obama's comments as he was nearing the end of his term. After those first two years when Obama and the House and Senate were all Democrats the Democrats still held control of the Presidency and the Senate. The House became Republican but as long as the Senate, under Reid, could just receive any House document and never act on them if they chose or reject them or replace them. So for the next 4 years the Democrats still held control of what got done. The House does not control the Congress in any way at all. The only time Obama had a real Republican congress was in his last two years when both the House and Senate were Republican controlled.

    There were some times when Obama showed better public abilities but not many times when Obama showed real leadership for the US with his lousy border patrol attitude, failure to dig into the illegal immigrants problems and rid the country of the thousands we know are residing in the US. Our Constitution does not describe or demand that the US must be the worlds biggest charity place for those that choose that way of living in the US and are allowed to do so by our government. I know I will get chewed for this comment about charity but any one find the item in the Constitution for me to read and I will do so.

    And yes, both the Democrats and Republicans need to somehow inspire the population and stop this stupid interference all the time. These hateful things like demonstrations to prove their right to free speech and at the same time burning cars and buildings, blocking others from using the streets or sidewalks, standing in places where speeches are being made and screaming and mostly just not allowing others to have their freedom of speech should not be happening. On election day those memories will cause folks to vote for some one else.

    I repeat what I keep posting. Parties are fine for ideas and rallies outside the government and urging for votes, but once the elections are over there should be no parties within the government as the elected ones are there to represent the district that voted them in and not a party.

    OK, I did have a bit of a rant. I am independent so I cross over based on the ideas but I am very much leaning on the Constitution rather than some political philosophy that does not do well for the US and our laws and rights as spelled out in the Constitution. In the US we are supposed to be free of heavy handed federal controls and most of our governing should be in the states.
    Last edited by BobF; 03-21-2017 at 04:25 PM.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    131
    >>Democrats, can I hear your views on political situation please?>>

    I'm kind of thinking that unless one is a Democrat who can answer the question that the OP asked, why post here? The OP didn't ask a question to hear yet another pointless "he said/well, he said" argument between opposing parties.

    The election is over, and Trump has completed his first 8 weeks in office. It's a simple question, to ask how Democratic voters are feeling about what has happened so far. It's valid, but also no big deal.

    Frankly, I am NOT at all interested in what anybody has to say about Obama right now. The question asked was about Trump, so please let's keep it on topic.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    4,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethe200 View Post
    >>Democrats, can I hear your views on political situation please?>>

    I'm kind of thinking that unless one is a Democrat who can answer the question that the OP asked, why post here? The OP didn't ask a question to hear yet another pointless "he said/well, he said" argument between opposing parties.

    The election is over, and Trump has completed his first 8 weeks in office. It's a simple question, to ask how Democratic voters are feeling about what has happened so far. It's valid, but also no big deal.

    Frankly, I am NOT at all interested in what anybody has to say about Obama right now. The question asked was about Trump, so please let's keep it on topic.
    Thank you. And I tried to keep it off Obama but some folks here think Obama is the answer for anything. He had his day and the election is over. Time to move on.

    How about a Democrat taking the question about Trump as requested.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,907
    Quote Originally Posted by BobF View Post
    My post just before this said I was not responding to your post. Then you tell me to forget it. Fine, I will forget it. The rest of your post makes no sense so it is easy to forget. You have not been posting any information at all. If you think you have posted information I would like you to point it out and explain as nothing but confusion comes from your posts.
    I think that you are easily confused by the simplest of ideas, if such doesn't conform to your rigid bias.
    Brain Basics“
    If you are breathing, there is more right with you than there is wrong.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Similar Threads

  1. Facebook Tracking User Political Views
    By WhatInThe in forum Politics and Serious Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-26-2016, 02:07 AM
  2. Replies: 101
    Last Post: 04-25-2015, 02:37 PM
  3. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 02-26-2015, 05:56 AM
  4. Current political situation
    By R. Zimm in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 07-12-2013, 09:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Family & Health Forums: Mom Forum - Health Forum - Low Carb Forum - Pet Forums