Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Democrats, can I hear your views on political situation please?

Thanks for the admission

Quote Originally Posted by BobF View Post

OK, I did have a bit of a rant. I am independent so I cross over based on the ideas but I am very much leaning on the Constitution rather than some political philosophy that does not do well for the US and our laws and rights as spelled out in the Constitution. In the US we are supposed to be free of heavy handed federal controls and most of our governing should be in the states.
    Dear BobF,
    I've met another Independent who posts highly pro-Trump comments "elsewhere" (on another forum) - I suspect that at least for that guy he claims to be an "independent" as a way of hedging his bets, so he can claim should verything go wrong that it has nothing to do with him, though the outpourings from him are all anti-Hillary, pro-Trump etc. etc.

I'm not saying you are like that BTW, as I'm not really familiar with your views, and I admire your admission that you were having a rant whatever your views might be (in line with the "Forum poem" obviously).

It is a bit odd being told by an independent, quote:".............. Time to move on.

How about a Democrat taking the question about Trump as requested."

The actual thread title asks for Democrat's views on the (current) political situation (in the US), but inevitably it is inextricably linked to whatever the Trump administration is doing, but not exclusively so, as it could include comments about the state of the Democratic party, as some forum members correctly assumed, and as I've said already, I am fairly happy with the respones I've had so far .

My question for any Trump supporters, or those urging support for him (should I be a Democrat) would be: "How does falsely accusing the security services of a friendly nation of carrying out illegal surveillance upon Trump Towers help make America great again?" - but as I'm not a Democrat please dont feel the need to answer and I've a hunch its unanswerable anyway (given its been ignored by Trump supporters "elsewhere").

Quote Originally Posted by grahamg View Post
    Dear BobF,
    I've met another Independent who posts highly pro-Trump comments "elsewhere" (on another forum) - I suspect that at least for that guy he claims to be an "independent" as a way of hedging his bets, so he can claim should verything go wrong that it has nothing to do with him, though the outpourings from him are all anti-Hillary, pro-Trump etc. etc.

I'm not saying you are like that BTW, as I'm not really familiar with your views, and I admire your admission that you were having a rant whatever your views might be (in line with the "Forum poem" obviously).

It is a bit odd being told by an independent, quote:".............. Time to move on.

How about a Democrat taking the question about Trump as requested."

The actual thread title asks for Democrat's views on the (current) political situation (in the US), but inevitably it is inextricably linked to whatever the Trump administration is doing, but not exclusively so, as it could include comments about the state of the Democratic party, as some forum members correctly assumed, and as I've said already, I am fairly happy with the respones I've had so far .

My question for any Trump supporters, or those urging support for him (should I be a Democrat) would be: "How does falsely accusing the security services of a friendly nation of carrying out illegal surveillance upon Trump Towers help make America great again?" - but as I'm not a Democrat please dont feel the need to answer and I've a hunch its unanswerable anyway (given its been ignored by Trump supporters "elsewhere").
    Good question. It doesn't. So far nothing the present administration is doing is making America great again. It will take intelligence, forethought and diplomacy to initiate the correct changes by which all Americans can prosper and move forward. It takes a leader, one who leads through experience, and respect for his constituents. I don't see these qualities in Donald J. Trump. Many other Americans don't see them either.
    Boomer Senior

Quote Originally Posted by tnthomas View Post
    I think that you are easily confused by the simplest of ideas, if such doesn't conform to your rigid bias.
    Again, a note that makes no sense at all. I asked what your ideas are and get nothing. You say I have a rigid bias. But a rigid bias for what.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.