Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Democrats, can I hear your views on political situation please?

Americans love to bitch and complain...especially where politics and politicians are concerned. No matter who becomes President, there are always millions of our people who will find fault with him. The U.S. President is in a unique position, in that whatever comes from the White House often has global implications...and therefore generates comment and concern from people all over the world. Conversely, few people in the U.S. can name the leaders of any other nation, with the possible exception of Vladimir Putin...as most other nations actions are of little consequence here.

I don't get too wrapped up in politics and global events...I keep my mind and body occupied trying to keep our place up, and staying fit, and maintaining a decent retirement. We live far away from the nonsense that takes place in so many locales, have great neighbors, and a beautiful environment surrounding us. So...when I complain, it is more out of "habit", than necessity.
    Things get better with age....I'm approaching Magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I agree with you Don M, well put. There is a lot going on in their own countries that is either ignored or denied. We can take the criticism as it's been going on for years but it is tiresome at least on community boards where we should all consider each other peers
    I'm guessing that you and some folks are talking about me, but I think I'm pretty open about the failings of my own country. I'm as critical of Canada's politicians as I am of yours. Fair to say? The one defence I will suggest is that I don't bring up stuff that is going on here because most Americans don't really have an interest in our politics which are a bit less volatile than in the USA.

Well Ruthanne, you're being too conservative (in your judgement):

" We were already spending as much as other countries. We have already been successful in our fight against ISIS. They would like to make more money, though, so an increase in the budget is what they will do and so they tell us we aren't doing as well as we are."

This is how things stack up:
    0053_defense-comparison-full.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Don M. View Post
    I don't get too wrapped up in politics and global events...I keep my mind and body occupied trying to keep our place up, and staying fit, and maintaining a decent retirement. We live far away from the nonsense that takes place in so many locales, have great neighbors, and a beautiful environment surrounding us. So...when I complain, it is more out of "habit", than necessity.
    Good for you, Don. We all should use your example as a guide to better living.

Quote Originally Posted by Anomaly 73 View Post
    Well Ruthanne, you're being too conservative (in your judgement):

" We were already spending as much as other countries. We have already been successful in our fight against ISIS. They would like to make more money, though, so an increase in the budget is what they will do and so they tell us we aren't doing as well as we are."

This is how things stack up:
    0053_defense-comparison-full.gif
    If those numbers are really accurate I think maybe we could do less in the US if those other countries also spent for the needs for UN or NATO requests, or peace and support treaties like the US has with so many countries including those on the shorter list, which often don't get taken care of.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.