Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hacking, wire tapping and surveillence matters

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Well, I don't mean to nitpick, but I DO believe the prez should use the proper terminology, especially if he's going to post accusations all over twitter. Using "wiretapping" when he means "surveillance" certainly complicates the issue and adds to the confusion.

No, I'm not a snowflake, but I wish he'd be more careful of what he says, and I wish he'd get off that twitter thing. It just invites controversy and makes him look silly. Can you imagine Ronald Reagan twittering?? He should learn about official channels and think before he speaks (or twitters). I also wish he'd learn some more adjectives besides "great" and "fabulous."
    Yes, the twitter thing; but it seems more are beginning to rely on it so is it becoming a political trend now? It bugged me at first until now because I ignore it. How about "Let's Make America Sane Again?" LOL
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched
    - they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

I'm just working on reading President Putin's most recent comments at the Valdai Discussion Club and in light of the American hysteria over Russia's 'supposed' hacking, blah, blah, blah and the threat that they apparently are, these comments of his bear reading by folks involved here in this discussion:

'.......But they continue to churn out threats, imaginary and mythical threats such as the ‘Russian military threat’. This is a profitable business that can be used to pump new money into defence budgets at home, get allies to bend to a single superpower’s interests, expand NATO and bring its infrastructure, military units and arms closer to our borders.
    Of course, it can be a pleasing and even profitable task to portray oneself as the defender of civilisation against the new barbarians. The only thing is that Russia has no intention of attacking anyone. This is all quite absurd. I also read analytical materials, those written by you here today, and by your colleagues in the USA and Europe.

It is unthinkable, foolish and completely unrealistic. Europe alone has 300 million people. All of the NATO members together with the USA have a total population of 600 million, probably. But Russia has only 146 million. It is simply absurd to even conceive such thoughts. And yet they use these ideas in pursuit of their political aims.....'

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/53151#sel=56:40:2mw,56:44:3qw;43:132,43:5:232

With those kinds of numbers, do any of you really think Russia is an aggressor or a military threat? This BS is all about putting more money in the pockets of the suppliers of military 'equipment'. They are pulling your strings or at least the strings of your politicians. The massive profits that industry has made over the past 50+ years is a testimony to that fact.

Your US Commander, Lt.Cpl. Steven Gventer states that with 900 American soldiers, stationed on the border of Poland, your government is "LETHAL READY - TO DETER AGRESSION". The world must think Vladimir Putin and Sergei Lavrov and every other Russian are absolutely insane. In my opinion, there's insanity going on here, but it isn't in Russia. It's everyone of 'us' Western countries who need medical intervention before we hurt the world.

http://www.businessinsider.com/we-ar...-poland-2017-3

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Well, I don't mean to nitpick, but I DO believe the prez should use the proper terminology, especially if he's going to post accusations all over twitter. Using "wiretapping" when he means "surveillance" certainly complicates the issue and adds to the confusion.

No, I'm not a snowflake, but I wish he'd be more careful of what he says, and I wish he'd get off that twitter thing. It just invites controversy and makes him look silly. Can you imagine Ronald Reagan twittering?? He should learn about official channels and think before he speaks (or twitters). I also wish he'd learn some more adjectives besides "great" and "fabulous."
    You may have a point - Reagan probably didn't use twitter.

Now, back to basics, let's assume that the correct term was "surveillance" not "wiretapping" - is it O.K. for the Administration to "surveil" citizens, "unmask" their identities, and then leak negative information about a candidate to the media??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.