Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Seniors Here Who Live Alone, Would You Have Someone Share Your Home With You If You Could?

I became a widow five years ago. After about two years, I love being alone. No rules, no schedules. Do not cook if I do not want to. I loved my husband, but I will never re-marry. I feel so free.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth Ward View Post
    No rules, no schedules. Do not cook if I do not want to.
    Me, too. As for cooking, I do like to try new recipes and cook favorite ones. I do some marathon cooking for a couple of days, and then just live off the portions in the freezer for 2-3 weeks. Fewer dishes to wash and time spent cooking daily for one person. And I only cook what I like, no compromising.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth Ward View Post
    I became a widow five years ago. After about two years, I love being alone. No rules, no schedules. Do not cook if I do not want to. I loved my husband, but I will never re-marry. I feel so free.
    I feel exactly the same way. Living alone, we can do what we want when we want plus cook what we want IF we want!

Quote Originally Posted by AprilSun View Post
    I feel exactly the same way. Living alone, we can do what we want when we want plus cook what we want IF we want!
    Alalua! I live alone, but I'm not really alone really, my neighbors do check for sign of life, same with my friends who call me regularly, so if something should happen to me in the dead of the night, won't be a body left rotting for days on end. but in the meantime.
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

Although I am in a long and committed relationship my partner and I both maintain our own homes and live independently. Even after all these years we do not know if it would work to live together! Sometimes it is lonely but I love to have my own space. I have thought about renting out a bedroom for extra income (my daughter's old bedroom and bathroom are on the other side of the house and it would be fairly private for a single person). But I have not made that step yet.

I wouldn't take in anyone to share my home. Living alone suits me. I appreciate my privacy and freedom, and I enjoy my own company. I don't dislike people at all, but am a bit of a loner and couldn't stand it if I didn't have my alone time.

Do what you need to do. I know a woman who takes in people 2-3 times a year. One was a veterinary student who was doing an internship at a nearby feedlot. She stayed throughout the summer, paid rent, worked all kinds of weird hours so she really wasn't around much. The second one was a physicians assistant who could not find any empty apartments. She also worked most of the time, paid rent etc. She stayed until she could get her own place. The woman has remained friends with both of those. She doesn't want to live with someone full time but she does enjoy the company when she has it and the extra income has been a blessing at times for her.
    I didn't say your perfume was too strong, I only said the canary was alive before you got here.

That sounds like a happy medium!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.