How does one make an album and post the photos?

How does one make an album and post the photos?

I did the new album thing and then uploaded a ton of photos only to find none of them were on the forum. I don't know what happened or what I didn't "get". Any information on this would greatly be appreciated.
    To the world you may be just one person but to one person you may be the world.

Usually it's because the images are too big, did you get any error messages?

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    Usually it's because the images are too big, did you get any error messages?
    No, I didn't get any of those. I am thinking maybe I didn't save them though, is that possible?

Yes, it's also possible, the last step should be clicking the save button.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    Yes, it's also possible, the last step should be clicking the save button.
    I think that's where I made the mistake. Thanks.

I figured out how to save it.

I created an album months ago with only one photo of me and my sister at the beach as youngsters. Everything worked well, but when I just went to that album today to add a second photo there was nothing there to show that I could upload a photo. I tried to drag a photo from my desktop and that didn't work either. Did the album "time-out" for adding more photos? Do I need to open a separate album each time I want to post photos?
    "Nothing is so Kingly as Kindness, and nothing so Royal as Truth"

Lara, you can add another photo at any time, here are the how tos.

88.jpg

You can create your own photo album(s), and share your favorite pictures with others on the board. You can do this by going into your User Control Panel, by clicking on "My Profile" at the top of the forum page.

On your Profile Page, you'll see the section named "Albums", then click on "Add Album". Once you've named the album and added a description (optional), you can "Save" it and begin to upload pictures from your computer, by clicking "Upload Pictures".

You can also create an album easily by clicking on "Albums" at the top of the forum page, then click on "Add Album".

To start uploading, click on "Add Files", then click "Browse", locate the photo you want on your computer, then click "Open", after that click "Upload Files". You'll see when the photo is uploaded, as it will show in the strip at the bottom of the window.

Once they're uploaded, click "Done" and you can add a caption to each photo by highlighting the image number and replacing it with a name or description of the photo. You can also choose which of the photos you've added to use as your album cover. When finished, click "Save Changes".

All recently added or updated photo albums can be seen by clicking on the "Community (albums)", "Albums" or "What's New" links at the top of the forum home page.

Albums can also be seen in our member's User Profiles. To see a user's profile page, click on their user name and choose 'view profile'. You'll see their first 2 albums, if they have others, you can click on 'more' to see them.

If you click on "Settings" on the homepage, and you go to My Profile, then Profile Privacy, you can choose for your albums to be seen by everyone, registered members only, or just your friends/contacts.

Albums and pictures can be edited at any time, just click to view your album, then choose either "Edit Album", or "Edit Photos". To delete numerous photos from one album, click on the album, click on "Edit Photos", next to each one you want to remove check the box "Delete This Photo", click "Save Changes" when finished. To delete just one photo, click on that photo to enlarge, check box "Delete This Photo", click "Save Changes".

You can add pictures to your existing album also, by clicking on "Upload Photos".

How do I use albums? (info found in FAQ)

As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.

Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.

•Public albums can be viewed by anyone
    •Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts
    •Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile

How do I upload pictures?

Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.
    You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.

All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages. You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.
    When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.

Thank you but after going to profile page>albums>, I clicked on "upload pictures", and the pic ended up in a box named "pending photos" and a spinning color wheel that wouldn't let me "Save". It must just be my computer. I tried several other avenues but all were dead ends (ie resizing my pic, dragging my pic, clicking on various areas of an "upload manager" pop-up, uploaded to "postimage" and tried to drag, etc).

It's okay. I'll try creating a new album maybe. But for now I'm burned out . Thank you for trying to help. It's obviously me and/or my puter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Thank you but after going to profile page>albums>, I clicked on "upload pictures", and the pic ended up in a box named "pending photos" and a spinning color wheel that wouldn't let me "Save". It must just be my computer. I tried several other avenues but all were dead ends (ie resizing my pic, dragging my pic, clicking on various areas of an "upload manager" pop-up, uploaded to "postimage" and tried to drag, etc).

It's okay. I'll try creating a new album maybe. But for now I'm burned out . Thank you for trying to help. It's obviously me and/or my puter.
    I had a similar problem, I cleared the browser cache and it worked after that..

Oh. I'll try that, Ken. Thank you for the suggestion

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.