Canadian Country Gal

Canadian Country Gal

Good morning,

I am from New Brunswick Canada. I am looking forward retirement at the end of this year. Well semi retirement! My life has been full of major changes in the past year, my husband of 34 years passed away as well as my mother. I am planning on taking some time for me, to learn more about myself, being single again after a very long time and what direction I want to see my life evolve. So the best way is to leave my full time employment and take the plunge. I do have plans of working seasonal work to meet new people and earn a little mad money, preferably working at something I am passionate with and enjoy.

Welcome, CCGal!
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

Welcome from New Jersey. Sorry to hear about your Mom and hubby passing. What are you passionate about?

Welcome, New Brunswick. I'm sorry that life has been bumpy for you lately and really admire your up-beat attitude toward the future. I've always been in awe of New Brunswick's astonishing Bay of Fundy. I was there once at dead low tide and patiently waiting for Mother Nature to begin her show. Two American couples arrived, parked, got out the car, approached the edge and stood for a moment. One of the women glanced down and said, "Well, what's so wonderful about that? It's just a bunch of old rocks." The others agreed so they got back into their car and left, no doubt going looking for more wonder. I wanted so badly to say "come back in 12 hours and try saying that again.' Cheers and welcome, again.

Sorry for your losses CC Gal. It's a great deal to go through.... I've been there too. All the best in whichever direction you go,
    and welcome to the board.

Hi Canadian Country Gal!

Welcome, we share a bit..13 years ago I lost my husband and a son, and know how tough it can be..The thing is, you do end up learning about yourself, and just how strong you can be. By your post, I see you as a strong woman..I'm so sorry for your loses, my best to you.

welcome (2).gif

hey cc girl welcome from georgia--sorry about your losses hope things will start looking brighter

Welcome From Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth n Jersey View Post
    Welcome from New Jersey. Sorry to hear about your Mom and hubby passing. What are you passionate about?
    Thanks. I get stuck when anyone asks me about my passions. I do love gardening (flowers) and working outside in the yard. I am thinking that once I have taken some time for me next year, I may look at a seasonal job working in a greenhouse or garden centre. More to occupy some of my time as I know I will eventually get bored. I have worked full time since I got out of high school (37 years)

I also have a love of animals and really miss my horses. I sold them after last year, as it is a lot of responsibility if you can't find a back up person in case I get sick or want to go away. So working around animals somewhere may also be a possibility in the future.

I chose not to have children and don't have lots in common with some of my friends, as some are now grandparents as well and are off doing other interests of their own.

I am hoping with time for myself I will find out more about myself which in turn will lead to other possibilities.

Hello Canadian Country Gal! So sorry for your loss. So glad, like me, you found this forum. It's a friendly place to visit while sorting things, like life, out. Hope you find it as warm and welcome as I have.

Stuck inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Country Gal View Post
    Good morning,

I am from New Brunswick Canada. I am looking forward retirement at the end of this year. Well semi retirement! My life has been full of major changes in the past year, my husband of 34 years passed away as well as my mother. I am planning on taking some time for me, to learn more about myself, being single again after a very long time and what direction I want to see my life evolve. So the best way is to leave my full time employment and take the plunge. I do have plans of working seasonal work to meet new people and earn a little mad money, preferably working at something I am passionate with and enjoy.

My wife and I passed through there on the way out to Cape Breton last summer.

We stayed in a really neat mom and pop type motel near Sussex and then had a nice hike out to third vault falls in Fundy National Park. It's the first time either of us had been to Canada. I gotta say I liked it a lot.

I love the Maritimes, Sussex is a beautiful town, I've attended a lot of draft horse shows there over the years.

Welcome Canadian Country Gal, from the southern tip of Vancouver Island. Some of my ancestors arrived in NB in 1790. Shipbuilders to the king. My condolences on your loss, and best wishes for your future endeavours.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.