Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Has Anyone Ever Stole From You In Any Way and How Do You Think of It Now?

Car was stolen from Macy's car park. Next day got a phone call from a junk yard. Guy said, "We have your car."
    I went over there, took one look and almost cried. It was already being torn apart; engine, hood & trunk lids, all 4 wheels and the spare etc.

Ins. sent us a check for $4,000. Went out and bought a brand new Buick Roadmaster which we kept for 5 years.
    Sliding down the razor blade of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthanne View Post
    I have had lots stolen from me in my life. One example is when I was 14 y.o and I went to a house with a guy and took off my shoes and went in another room. When I was going to leave I found that my shoes were gone. Then I didn't think too much of it but my mom wanted to know where my brand new shoes went to. I told her I was at the beach and someone stole them. I would have gotten in more trouble had I told her the truth; that I was at a stranger's house. I now know that I shouldn't have gone to that place. I really did like those shoes though but only for about a day...lol
    I have had my heart stolen on many occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    Car was stolen from Macy's car park. Next day got a phone call from a junk yard. Guy said, "We have your car."
    I went over there, took one look and almost cried. It was already being torn apart; engine, hood & trunk lids, all 4 wheels and the spare etc.

Ins. sent us a check for $4,000. Went out and bought a brand new Buick Roadmaster which we kept for 5 years.
    Sounds like that worked out pretty well!
    “Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.”
    Allen Saunders

Back in 1967 a buddy of mine and I took a trip from Pinellas County on the Gulf Coast of Florida over to St. Augustine to try out some real ocean waves. We lived in Largo and had been mostly surfing Clearwater and Bellair Beaches. Did you know you can actually a ride a six inch swell with a longboard if if it's nice and glassy in the early morning. Yep, Gulf of Mexico surfers can get pretty desperate. I've got some surfing stories but this ain't one of them. Anyway when we got to St. Augustine Beach we locked our wallets in the trunk and then went down to the beach and I hid the car keys by wrapping them up in my T-shirt and Towel (yeah same way I "hid" my father's watch that got stolen) and left them on the beach and then we hit the waves which weren't all that great that day, but at least bigger than what we were used to on the Gulf.

Anyway, we surfed for maybe a couple of hours and when we got back my keys were right where I left them, but then this guy comes up to us a says that while we were in the water a couple of other guys had gotten my keys, and went up to my car and opened the trunk and took some things out of it, then came back and put my keys back. We asked the guy why he didn't try to stop them and he said he was scared. Anyway when we checked our wallets were intact except that all our cash was gone. It was about 20 bucks.,which back then was a fair amount of cash. Plenty for us to pig out on burgers fries and coke , gas up the car and still be flush. But now we were flat broke, about 200 miles from home with the gas gauge reading about 1/4, nowhere near enough gas to get back. So we went panhandling up and down the beach. I think we finally managed to beg about a buck eight seven or thereabouts which we spent every penny of on 30 cents a gallon gas which was enough to get us home hungry and with the gas gauge on E.

Does peace of mind count? I was married briefly to a real Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde and have had trust issues ever since. I lived OK without the money but I sure miss the trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I have had my heart stolen on many occasions.
    I'll bet you have. How has that been for you?
    Allen Saunders

Quote Originally Posted by Trade View Post
    Back in 1967 a buddy of mine and I took a trip from Pinellas County on the Gulf Coast of Florida over to St. Augustine to try out some real ocean waves. We lived in Largo and had been mostly surfing Clearwater and Bellair Beaches. Did you know you can actually a ride a six inch swell with a longboard if if it's nice and glassy in the early morning. Yep, Gulf of Mexico surfers can get pretty desperate. I've got some surfing stories but this ain't one of them. Anyway when we got to St. Augustine Beach we locked our wallets in the trunk and then went down to the beach and I hid the car keys by wrapping them up in my T-shirt and Towel (yeah same way I "hid" my father's watch that got stolen) and left them on the beach and then we hit the waves which weren't all that great that day, but at least bigger than what we were used to on the Gulf.

Anyway, we surfed for maybe a couple of hours and when we got back my keys were right where I left them, but then this guy comes up to us a says that while we were in the water a couple of other guys had gotten my keys, and went up to my car and opened the trunk and took some things out of it, then came back and put my keys back. We asked the guy why he didn't try to stop them and he said he was scared. Anyway when we checked our wallets were intact except that all our cash was gone. It was about 20 bucks.,which back then was a fair amount of cash. Plenty for us to pig out on burgers fries and coke , gas up the car and still be flush. But now we were flat broke, about 200 miles from home with the gas gauge reading about 1/4, nowhere near enough gas to get back. So we went panhandling up and down the beach. I think we finally managed to beg about a buck eight seven or thereabouts which we spent every penny of on 30 cents a gallon gas which was enough to get us home hungry and with the gas gauge on E.
    It's unfortunate they stole your money but I would be glad they didn't take your car.
    Allen Saunders

Quote Originally Posted by helenbacque View Post
    Does peace of mind count? I was married briefly to a real Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde and have had trust issues ever since. I lived OK without the money but I sure miss the trust.
    Definitely peace of mind matters! I know what you mean about trust issues; I have them too due to similar type of significant other. It's really hard to get over something like that.
    Allen Saunders

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.