Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Newt Gingrich on Shutting Down the WH Press Room Trump FDR & New Administration Shake-up

Quote Originally Posted by tnthomas View Post
    Trump doesn't need my help, or the help of the Public media to garner ridicule or cause destruction of his image, Trump is his own worst enemy, and does the self-destruction job quite well by himself.

I think anyone who'e mind is not fogged up and clouded with Trump worship will(and can) recognize that closing the WH press room is a not-so-veiled attempt at gaining control over his image making.

No more pesky reporters trying to corner him into telling the truth. Nixon tried to manipulate the press, but it just doesn't work so well, if you insult and back-hand reporters trying to do their job.

The ability to recognize the difference between the truth and falsehoods is a precious thing, if only you would try to cultivate that ability. zzzzz
    There are a lot of folks that think any kind of trash talk that hits the news folks is fact. There are also a lot of folks that realize that far too much going around is just junk.

Think back to Pelosi, just a week or so ago when someone wanted to start forcing Trump out, and Pelosi said no we can't impeach as so far we have no proof for such actions. Good news from Pelosi and she is no silly kid if wanting to toss garbage out. She does know when truth is important and needed.
    Last edited by BobF; 05-26-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobF View Post
    There are a lot of folks that think any kind of trash talk that hits the news folks is fact. There are also a lot of folks that realize that far too much going around is just junk.
    Yes, that is quite true, I have noticed that many folks do gobble up trash laden 'news', and accept it as fact. This is exactly why I post here, to raise people's awareness of that [apparently] unconscious tenancy.

Think back to Pelosi, just a week or so ago when someone wanted to start forcing Trump out, and Pelosi said now we can't impeach as so far we have no proof for such actions. Good news from Pelosi and she is no silly kid if wanting to toss garbage out. She does know when truth is important and needed.
    Agreed, Pelosi is indeed a valuable asset in the House of Reps. She's 77 now, I hope she can continue holding the line until someone equally qualified can take over the reigns.

Think back to Pelosi, just a week or so ago when someone wanted to start forcing Trump out, and Pelosi said now we can't impeach as so far we have no proof for such actions. Good news from Pelosi and she is no silly kid if wanting to toss garbage out. She does know when truth is important and needed.
    Junk or not, the press has the right to print what it wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermint View Post
    And there you have it folks. The only 'real' press is the one that agrees with you. Fascism is not much of a stretch from there.
    The press has been a problem since George Washington decided to print his own Newspaper to get the truth out, FDR had his own fireside chat, and how Newt Gingrich is suggesting Trump have his own weekly TV airtime fielding questions directly from the American people. It's not Fascism as some might exaggerate. It's keeping things balanced so the American people can choose for themselves which reporting to believe.

Never before in history have we had a press that's a totally different animal than this present one. But most Americans now, on both sides, Democrats and Conservatives, liberals and conservatives, can see the deception and destructive nature of this beast. The problem is that the liberals love the beast side because it serves their own agenda, so they're fueling it by being passive aggressive.

The polls show that most Americans don't trust the News. And I've seen a glimmer of hope. CBS now seems to be reporting real news as of recently...we'll see. I don't agree with it all as presented yet but at least it's not 90% manufactured negativity about Trump (study of CNN). I'm actually seeing news from around the world on CBS. I think CBS is responding to the lowered ratings...good for them to be responsible to the people. But I may be giving them too much credit too soon.

Online sites like Yahoo are as bad as NBC. They show up on my "Top Sites" and on my phone even when I've blocked them...it's the nature of this animal and most of the people see it's unfair monopoly.
    "If we all hold hands we can't fight"...sam the dot man

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.