Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Too much fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
    Fruit if very high in sugar... so overdoing it will stall your weight loss.. Also.. if you are going to eat fruit stay away form juice.. Eat the fruit itself.. No orange juice.. eat the orange.
    Definitely no juice, not store-bought, just the juice from the real fruit I have, gripped in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by User2017 View Post
    Probably. Anything can be over done. Sugar -- fructose -- can cause more fat to be stored. So, less is good. I do have an apple/carrot/lemon/ginnger juice made fresh in the morning - add some berries - maybe later?

Mostly salads. HUGE salads. Lots of greens. Micro greens. Experimenting with no oil dressings. Save my carbs for my evening meal: POTATOES!!!
    Carbs! I tried a no carb diet back in the '90s, I don't think that lasted a whole 24 hours....

I'm eating green salads in the evenings, use a light oil based dressing, which is all that's really necessary. Every-so-often, I just eat a no-dressing salad, and enjoy it as much.
    Be strong when you are weak, brave when you are scared, and humble when you are victorious

Stuck inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues again.
    I'm convinced that it is sugar rather than fat that is the main cause of the current Obesity/Diabetes epidemic.
    "What we've got here, is failure to communicate."

Quote Originally Posted by Trade View Post
    I'm convinced that it is sugar rather than fat that is the main cause of the current Obesity/Diabetes epidemic.
    I tend to think so too. A lot of sugar can do a number on your blood sugar levels, up and down, can make you feel like you're hungry when you're not. The same amount of calories of fat makes you feel stuffed. I think it's truly only calories that count in the long run, but most people won't bother with that. Just eat whenever they feel hungry, so they gain weight.

HAR HAR...good 'un, Falcon!

HDH

Overeating i've read can cause pancreatic distress but I imagine it would take quite a bit of fruit to cause that type of reaction.

Stuck inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues again.
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyNGA View Post
    I tend to think so too. A lot of sugar can do a number on your blood sugar levels, up and down, can make you feel like you're hungry when you're not. The same amount of calories of fat makes you feel stuffed. I think it's truly only calories that count in the long run, but most people won't bother with that. Just eat whenever they feel hungry, so they gain weight.
    That's the way it works for me. If I eat a bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins for breakfast (I can't hack oatmeal by itself) I will be hungry in an hour or two. If I eat the same number of calories in sausage and eggs I can go five hours easily.
    "What we've got here, is failure to communicate."

Quote Originally Posted by Lc jones View Post
    Overeating i've read can cause pancreatic distress but I imagine it would take quite a bit of fruit to cause that type of reaction.
    Just last night, the show "Autopsy: The Last Hours Of (2014– ). Steve Jobs" mentioned that Steve Jobs' determination to cure his pancreatic cancer via holistic means actually exacerbated the situation.
    Be strong when you are weak, brave when you are scared, and humble when you are victorious

I bet frutarians would disagree with you. They eat lots of fruit. I love it, too. I don't eat too much of it though because the ole stupid doc says I am pre diabetic. I may start eating more anyway because the doc has proven to be stupid in many instances. I love bananas, strawberries, blueberries, apples, pears, nectarinenes, kiwi fruit, and most fruit!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched
    - they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Fructose, Lactose, Maltose, Dextrose, Sucrose, they're all good for you and they're all bad for you.

I don't care what foods contain them...I eat 'em for taste!

"Freebelly Hal", 81 in July and no health issues!
    Last edited by HiDesertHal; 06-25-2017 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthanne View Post
    I bet frutarians would disagree with you. They eat lots of fruit. I love it, too. I don't eat too much of it though because the ole stupid doc says I am pre diabetic. I may start eating more anyway because the doc has proven to be stupid in many instances. I love bananas, strawberries, blueberries, apples, pears, nectarinenes, kiwi fruit, and most fruit!
    Yes, I love all of those, plus the apricot tree planted several years ago is pumping out fruit. The apple tree will be ready in a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by HiDesertHal View Post
    Fructose, Lactose, Maltose, Dextrose, Sucrose, they're all good for you and they're all bad for you.

I don't worry about whatever foods contains them...I'll eat 'em for taste!

"Freebelly Hal", 81 in July and no health issues!
    ...and ruffage too!

You mean "Roughage".

HDH

Quote Originally Posted by HiDesertHal View Post
    You mean "Roughage".

HDH

Actually, I googled both spellings:

R1.png

R2.png

This is why I dumped Google and now have "AOL SEARCH".

HDH

Quote Originally Posted by Don M. View Post
    I am a bit skeptical about any weight loss benefits that might be gained by eating poultry. We live in an area which has huge chicken and turkey farms, mostly under contract to Tyson Foods. The producers feed these birds large amounts of steroids and growth hormones, and have the birds ready to harvest in a fraction of the time it would take for nature to do the same.
    And that's one reason why some of don't buy "factory farmed" animal products.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.