Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Minding My Beeswax

Dancing With Bees!

My wife was afraid of the dark until she saw me naked. Now she’s afraid of the light.

20 Reasons Why Beeswax Is One Of The Most Useful Things In The World

Music Made with Bees

Jim

My wife was afraid of the dark until she saw me naked. Now she’s afraid of the light.

What NOT to say to parents you don't know. 5 things to avoid voicing

"There has been a lot of media buzz surrounding a certain incident regarding a woman that felt the need to tell a Mother to correct her child, who was misbehaving in a store".

"To me, there is never a reason, unless blatant abuse is taking place, to say a darn thing to a Parent about the way their child behaves! Not my child, not my place. Especially if I do not know the family…. even more so if I didn’t have kids".
    Jim

Some people feel the need to chastise parents. Rude, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanderer View Post
    What NOT to say to parents you don't know. 5 things to avoid voicing

"To me, there is never a reason, unless blatant abuse is taking place, to say a darn thing to a Parent about the way their child behaves! Not my child, not my place. Especially if I do not know the family…. even more so if I didn’t have kids".

When we go shopping, I find myself upset by some the behavior of some children, who are with their parent or grandparent. But I would never say anything negative to them. Sometimes, like the children, I am tired and don't want to be there either.

Our shopping,today brought a different "offender". We came across an older gentleman, who was a "Whistler". He was nicely dressed and had the look of "privilege", but was constantly whistling......LOUDLY! He was alone, and didn't seem to interact with anyone. He calmly did his shopping....and whistled. It was not a tune, that was recognizable. It was like a whistling organ playing....LOUDLY. I thought that it was inappropriate behavior, bordering on rudeness. It was like we weren't there. .....he could be heard 2 isles away.

He was a white haired senior, tall and healthy looking. But then I thought, he may have other problems....dementia, maybe. I did not run into him at the checkout, but I have this picture of him whistling his way out the door.

Has anyone else ever run into "this guy"?
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Meanderer View Post
    When we go shopping, I find myself upset by some the behavior of some children, who are with their parent or grandparent. But I would never say anything negative to them. Sometimes, like the children, I am tired and don't want to be there either.

Our shopping,today brought a different "offender". We came across an older gentleman, who was a "Whistler". He was nicely dressed and had the look of "privilege", but was constantly whistling......LOUDLY! He was alone, and didn't seem to interact with anyone. He calmly did his shopping....and whistled. It was not a tune, that was recognizable. It was like a whistling organ playing....LOUDLY. I thought that it was inappropriate behavior, bordering on rudeness. It was like we weren't there. .....he could be heard 2 isles away.

He was a white haired senior, tall and healthy looking, and had the look of privilege. But then I thought, he may have other problems....dementia, maybe. I did not run into him at the checkout, but I have this picture of him whistling his way out the door.

Has anyone else ever run into "this guy"?

I ran into someone similar in a mall recently, he was humming at the top of his lungs, just ambling along. Older, well dressed, carrying shopping bags from an expensive store. No smell of alcohol, or stumble in his step from meds or stroke etc. I think he
    was cognitively impaired. He was in another world, you could see it in his eyes.

Sounds like a happy man, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    Sounds like a happy man, to me.
    Happy people whistle to themselves at times, I know. He didn't appear to be happy. He never quit whistling, and was very loud. I saw him in the store, once before only in passing and it was the same.
    Jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.