Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Russia And the Trumps.

Wouldn't you think that Trump's lawyer, knowing the political climate, would be sure what he was saying was true before he opened his mouth?? Doesn't anybody in Washington have any sense at all?

I'm sure he knows exactly what he is doing and that this is a deliberate tactic akin to using a lure to put the hounds off the scent of the fox.
    The difference between knowledge and faith is like the difference between knowing about friendship and having a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrigal View Post
    I'm sure he knows exactly what he is doing and that this is a deliberate tactic akin to using a lure to put the hounds off the scent of the fox.
    Are only the Dems allowed to make factual statements? Can't the Reps do the same? Far too much of the twisted facts and outright lies going on these days. We need to wait for the investigations to finish - which may never be - in order to find any real truth or directions from these constantly changing stories. I don't see any real problem coming from the Trump as they are called liars for not tell 'all' about those meetings. Why should anyone tell 'all' about an event as they responses are likely in trying to answer a request.

One thing that has not been asked is if any of the guest in the meeting were left handed. So I suppose using the same warped logic of these Trump hater folks is that Trumps lied about it if some of the guest were left handed.

Northeast PA. Live near the NASCAR race track, with lots of deer, bears, and rabbits.
    How many more Russian have to pop up in a meeting about "adoptions in Russia"? Was Putin on speaker phone? Don't those idiots realize they have already admitted to attempting to deal with a foreign power to influence the election? Granted, NOW, it's a slap on the wrist. The only question is what else did those idiots do? Their total ineptness in dealing with the present situation is fueling the feeding frenzy. They have only themselves to blame.

I don't hate Trump but I'm very disappointed in the way he has behaved. I believe that Trump and his family have squandered their political capital with all of the petty little lies, tweets and feuds that have taken so much time away from the peoples business.

This is the same old Washington story of the coverup being worse than the events that triggered the investigation.

"As so often happens with Washington scandals, it isn't the original scandal that gets people in the most trouble - it's the attempted cover-up."
    - Tom Petri

"Thank God for our form of government. The media won't let there be any cover-up." - John McCain

"It is almost always the cover-up rather than the event that causes trouble." - Howard Baker

80 posts so far and no one has mentioned the fact that the lawyer was not a Russian official. Or the meeting affected the outcome of the election.

The big concern is finding out later about ommission.

I don't like the release of 5 prisioners to secure the return of a deserter. I don't like the narrative Susan Rice put out about Benghazi. I don't like the story of Hillary Clinton being shot at as she departed a chopper. I don't like the claim that a 800 billion stimulus would get America moving again and it didn't because the money was spent the way it was supposed to. I don't like the way advice was ignored about investing in Solyndra and other expected failures I don't like the way the Obama administration looked the other way when V A administrators were handing out bonus checks while vets were not getting the care they should.

But somehow a meeting with a Russian civilian lawyer is a major issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    80 posts so far and no one has mentioned the fact that the lawyer was not a Russian official. Or the meeting affected the outcome of the election.
    Maybe she was working for an "official"...and as for what the meeting affected, that's the purpose of the investigations to determine.

Russian Lawyer Whom Trump Jr. Met Says She Was in Contact With Top Russian Prosecutor

Source: Wall Street Journal

WASHINGTONThe Russian lawyer whom Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort met last year with the hopes of receiving damaging information about Hillary Clinton says she talked with the office of Russias top prosecutor while waging a campaign against a U.S. sanctions law and the hedge-fund manager who backed it.

Lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya said she wasnt working for Russian authorities, but she said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal that she was meeting with Russian authorities regularly and shared information about the hedge-fund manager with the Russian prosecutor generals office, including with Prosecutor General Yuri Chaika, a top official appointed by the Kremlin.

I personally know the general prosecutor, Ms. Veselnitskaya said. In the course of my investigation , I shared information with him.

Mr. Chaikas office didnt respond to requests for comment on whether he knows and received information from Ms. Veselnitskaya.

Read more: https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian...tor-1500063809

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie22 View Post
    Maybe she was working for an "official"...and as for what the meeting affected, that's the purpose of the investigations to determine.

Russian Lawyer Whom Trump Jr. Met Says She Was in Contact With Top Russian Prosecutor

Source: Wall Street Journal

WASHINGTONThe Russian lawyer whom Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort met last year with the hopes of receiving damaging information about Hillary Clinton says she talked with the office of Russias top prosecutor while waging a campaign against a U.S. sanctions law and the hedge-fund manager who backed it.

Lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya said she wasnt working for Russian authorities, but she said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal that she was meeting with Russian authorities regularly and shared information about the hedge-fund manager with the Russian prosecutor generals office, including with Prosecutor General Yuri Chaika, a top official appointed by the Kremlin.

I personally know the general prosecutor, Ms. Veselnitskaya said. In the course of my investigation , I shared information with him.

Mr. Chaikas office didnt respond to requests for comment on whether he knows and received information from Ms. Veselnitskaya.

Read more: https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian...tor-1500063809
    Did you read and understand the portion of the article you posted?

"while waging a campaign against a U.S. sanctions law and the hedge-fund manager who backed it. " You do know who that fund manager is don't you?

Meeting

"I personally know the general prosecutor, Ms. Veselnitskaya said. In the course of my investigation , I shared information with him. "

Does this sound like she was pro Trump? What part of "wasn't" is hard to understand

"Lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya said she wasnt working for Russian authorities, but she said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal that she was meeting with Russian authorities regularly and shared information about the hedge-fund manager with the Russian prosecutor generals office, including with Prosecutor General Yuri Chaika, a top official appointed by the Kremlin. "

I'll ask again how did that meeting change the outcome of the election?

Lawyer Natalia Veseinitskaya says many things as does Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie22 View Post
    Lawyer Natalia Veseinitskaya says many things as does Donald Trump.
    And what she says how did that alter the election?

Quote Originally Posted by BobF View Post
    Are only the Dems allowed to make factual statements? Can't the Reps do the same? Far too much of the twisted facts and outright lies going on these days. We need to wait for the investigations to finish - which may never be - in order to find any real truth or directions from these constantly changing stories. I don't see any real problem coming from the Trump as they are called liars for not tell 'all' about those meetings. Why should anyone tell 'all' about an event as they responses are likely in trying to answer a request.

One thing that has not been asked is if any of the guest in the meeting were left handed. So I suppose using the same warped logic of these Trump hater folks is that Trumps lied about it if some of the guest were left handed.
    When I talked about sense before one opens one's mouth, I was referring to Trump's lawyer strongly implying that the Secret Service would have vetted the attendees at the meeting -- this was flatly not true, because Jr. didn't have Secret Service coverage at the time. AND, if this guy is such a hot-shot lawyer, he would have known that; he would have made it his business to know things like that, and if he didn't do that, he's no hot-shot lawyer.

The mention of left-handed people is not relevant; the fact that they were Russians very much IS; and the fact that Trump, et al. conveniently forgot about the meeting very much IS. The problem is that they didn't tell anything about the meeting until "outed."

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    And what she says how did that alter the election?
    No one has posited that it altered the election. The problem is the secret and covered up meeting which may or may not have been an attempt to alter the election. It is clear that Jr. was quite pleased to meet with these people with the possibility of getting the "dirt" on Clinton; he admitted as much in his e-mail which said "I love it" when he received the e-mail that suggested that they had "dirt" to share.

In today's environment it is to expand any and all comments made into national disasters is enough to tell everyone only say as much as asked for. That way it will take longer for the press and hacks to create even larger lies.

Quote Originally Posted by BobF View Post

Ay, Bobf, but there's the rub. I was talking about a lawyer who did not make a factual statement. He was deliberately misleading and was called out on it by someone who knew how the Secret Service operates prior to a candidate being confirmed.

As for the campaign members, they omitted to detail pertinent events that they were required to do in writing when being checked for security purposes later. Flynn had to resign for this, although it was stated that it was because he misled the VP. Truth is important and concealing the truth is detrimental to honest government, no matter what party is in power.

This morning Donald Trump tweeted "Most politicians would have gone to a meeting like the one Don jr attended in order to get info on an opponent. That's politics!"

Let us take him at his word and agree with this statement. Doesn't it then follow that most politicians who learned that an opponent had done such a thing would use it to their advantage by exposing it and keeping it in the headlines as much as possible? That's politics too.
    The difference between knowledge and faith is like the difference between knowing about friendship and having a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
    I don't hate Trump but I'm very disappointed in the way he has behaved. I believe that Trump and his family have squandered their political capital with all of the petty little lies, tweets and feuds that have taken so much time away from the peoples business.

This is the same old Washington story of the coverup being worse than the events that triggered the investigation.

"As so often happens with Washington scandals, it isn't the original scandal that gets people in the most trouble - it's the attempted cover-up."
    - Tom Petri

"Thank God for our form of government. The media won't let there be any cover-up." - John McCain

"It is almost always the cover-up rather than the event that causes trouble." - Howard Baker
    You are correct, Aunt Bea, with regard to political capital. Every new leader comes into office with this precious commodity but it tends to diminish over time. It is important that they use it wisely. Donald Trump is frittering his away on trivia and the well will run dry at some stage. It would serve him better if he focussed on the promises he made, select which ones he will work on now and get one with it. Healthcare should be a priority but his statements about it have been contradictory and he has done very little to sell its benefits to the public.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.