Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone else forget about this site?

Does anyone else forget about this site?

I belong to lots of Facebook sites and even if they don't appear on my news feed, I get notifications when there's something that concerns me. But this site sends me nothing to remind me to come here. Have I missed some setting or something that would help me remember to come back here? I do make replies when I'm here, but after that I forget it all. I know I'm missing out. Can someone clue me in to how to receive something to remind me. And email is not the way to go cause I forget it too 😂😂😂 Thanks for any suggestions. 😍😍😍

1.Go to Thread Tools

2.Click on it, for the drop-down window.

3.Choose "Subscribe to this Thread"

4.Then choose: "Daily update" or "instant notification by e-mail.

If you're not interested enough to log on here, then DON'T !

I'm on here 24/7; Never log out.

I certainly don't need any reminders to visit this GREAT forum.

I see you have had email notification turned on. Besides email notifications, I would add the site to my browser's Bookmarks Toolbar, I have a dozen websites on my bookmarks toolbar, every time I open my browser, it's very natural to visit one of them with one mouse click.

I have this and other sites on "My Favorites". They're on the bottom of my monitor;
    including; My E-mail, This forum and one other, Bing and (Don't laugh.) The California Lottery site [to check my tickets.] etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dearimee View Post
    I belong to lots of Facebook sites and even if they don't appear on my news feed, I get notifications when there's something that concerns me. But this site sends me nothing to remind me to come here. Have I missed some setting or something that would help me remember to come back here? I do make replies when I'm here, but after that I forget it all. I know I'm missing out. Can someone clue me in to how to receive something to remind me. And email is not the way to go cause I forget it too  Thanks for any suggestions. 
    I get notifications by email and also have the site in my favorites. Its part of my routine several times a day to see what is going on.

Exactly Terry. Same here. Just because I never log out, doesn't mean I'm sitting here every minute of the day.

Everyone needs food and bathroom breaks. I can always catch up if I'm interested. I'd never post on threads that are a year old, or older.

Maybe you can put a sticky note on your computer monitor. I never forget this site because it's the only one for older people that was interesting and had good posts enough to stay with. I admit I haven't posted much but have been here reading and learning for a long time maybe when things slow down in my life I'll spend more time on my computer

Popping into here just part of my daily routine ,I have a iPad so I don't need to,log in each time I come here
    I enjoy coming here ...to read what's going on in the world or play games in the games section
    so I guess it all boils down to how interested you are ,personally I've never joined FB and have no intentions of doing so

I feel somewhat admonished. My downfall must be the fact I don't use my computer, but a kindle, I don't stay on top of my email and I do love my DIY, painting furniture and chit chat groups on Facebook. I do have this site in bookmarks but it's not the first thing I see when I go online and I sure don't stay online all day. So I'll just visit like I did tonight when I decided to come see what's up. Thanks for the suggestions and for helping me see where my problem lies. 😜

I am like Falcon. I stay logged in but come and go as I please. I am on facebook but I don't post my life there. I enjoy the new pics of the "grands" I don't see often and the pics of my high school graduation class that I haven't seen in years. What surprises me is that the ones that would hardly speak to me then are all of a sudden my best friends. I share to my timeline different sayings etc that I agree with or like but I would never post where I was going or what I was doing! I have 2 cousins who are both very ill that I keep up with on FB as they live in another state. Other thn that I keep pretty much to myself.

I hope you'll visit us lots more in the future, so you never forget to come and enjoy us.

a a burne jones edward garden of the hesperides 1880-81 tempura and gilt on gesso and panel.jpg
    Boomer Senior

Best place ever!
    holding_hands_circle.gif

I keep forgetting my passwords to these sites.

WHY do you need a password for this site ? I don't it's listed on "My Favorites".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.