Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone else forget about this site?

Does anyone else forget about this site?

I belong to lots of Facebook sites and even if they don't appear on my news feed, I get notifications when there's something that concerns me. But this site sends me nothing to remind me to come here. Have I missed some setting or something that would help me remember to come back here? I do make replies when I'm here, but after that I forget it all. I know I'm missing out. Can someone clue me in to how to receive something to remind me. And email is not the way to go cause I forget it too 😂😂😂 Thanks for any suggestions. 😍😍😍

1.Go to Thread Tools

2.Click on it, for the drop-down window.

3.Choose "Subscribe to this Thread"

4.Then choose: "Daily update" or "instant notification by e-mail.

If you're not interested enough to log on here, then DON'T !

I'm on here 24/7; Never log out.

I certainly don't need any reminders to visit this GREAT forum.

I see you have had email notification turned on. Besides email notifications, I would add the site to my browser's Bookmarks Toolbar, I have a dozen websites on my bookmarks toolbar, every time I open my browser, it's very natural to visit one of them with one mouse click.

I have this and other sites on "My Favorites". They're on the bottom of my monitor;
    including; My E-mail, This forum and one other, Bing and (Don't laugh.) The California Lottery site [to check my tickets.] etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dearimee View Post
    I belong to lots of Facebook sites and even if they don't appear on my news feed, I get notifications when there's something that concerns me. But this site sends me nothing to remind me to come here. Have I missed some setting or something that would help me remember to come back here? I do make replies when I'm here, but after that I forget it all. I know I'm missing out. Can someone clue me in to how to receive something to remind me. And email is not the way to go cause I forget it too  Thanks for any suggestions. 
    I get notifications by email and also have the site in my favorites. Its part of my routine several times a day to see what is going on.

Exactly Terry. Same here. Just because I never log out, doesn't mean I'm sitting here every minute of the day.

Everyone needs food and bathroom breaks. I can always catch up if I'm interested. I'd never post on threads that are a year old, or older.

Maybe you can put a sticky note on your computer monitor. I never forget this site because it's the only one for older people that was interesting and had good posts enough to stay with. I admit I haven't posted much but have been here reading and learning for a long time maybe when things slow down in my life I'll spend more time on my computer
    It is our mind, and that alone, that chains us or sets us free ~ Rinpoche

Popping into here just part of my daily routine ,I have a iPad so I don't need to,log in each time I come here
    I enjoy coming here ...to read what's going on in the world or play games in the games section
    so I guess it all boils down to how interested you are ,personally I've never joined FB and have no intentions of doing so

I feel somewhat admonished. My downfall must be the fact I don't use my computer, but a kindle, I don't stay on top of my email and I do love my DIY, painting furniture and chit chat groups on Facebook. I do have this site in bookmarks but it's not the first thing I see when I go online and I sure don't stay online all day. So I'll just visit like I did tonight when I decided to come see what's up. Thanks for the suggestions and for helping me see where my problem lies. 😜

I am like Falcon. I stay logged in but come and go as I please. I am on facebook but I don't post my life there. I enjoy the new pics of the "grands" I don't see often and the pics of my high school graduation class that I haven't seen in years. What surprises me is that the ones that would hardly speak to me then are all of a sudden my best friends. I share to my timeline different sayings etc that I agree with or like but I would never post where I was going or what I was doing! I have 2 cousins who are both very ill that I keep up with on FB as they live in another state. Other thn that I keep pretty much to myself.

I hope you'll visit us lots more in the future, so you never forget to come and enjoy us.

a a burne jones edward garden of the hesperides 1880-81 tempura and gilt on gesso and panel.jpg
    Boomer Senior

Best place ever!
    holding_hands_circle.gif

I keep forgetting my passwords to these sites.

WHY do you need a password for this site ? I don't it's listed on "My Favorites".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.