Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What's the best vacation you've ever had?

Haven't had one yet as an adult. Would love to travel but finances are limited and I think it would be more fun with someone to share with. When my kids were growing up we did the usual 6 Flags etc and they were fun.

I don't know. I have had several that I thoroughly enjoyed. Definitely the vacations when my kids where young and we did family vacations were all very nice. I think if I really had to choose one, it would be the first time the family drove cross country. We had no time limit, so we were able to stop wherever and also take a few side trips.

As a pilot for United, I have flown over 10,000,000 miles with just over 37,000 flight hours, but none were included as vacation miles. Obviously, I flew every opportunity that I had.
    "SEMPER FI"

Quote Originally Posted by Marie5656 View Post
    Back in 1998, I was still single and wanted to give myself a fun vacation. I went to Walt Disney World for 10 days. Alone. Actually loved it. And the great thing is, I was never feeling along. I met lots of cool strangers and had neat chats with people from all over the country. Something I probably would not have done had I been traveling with friends. I was in a time in my life when I needed some "me time" but did not want to be isolated. My time was my own, I saw what I wanted, when I wanted. Even took one day to just hang out at my hotel and explore it.
    i too went to WDW alone and loved it. While I've enjoyed all my trips with friends and family to WDW, having just MY TIME was fantastic. If anyone is wanting to travel alone and feeling insecure, WDW is a great place to start.

I consider my 10 years of full-time RV travel one long extended vacation. I drove to and spent quality time in each of the U. S. states including Alaska, most provinces of Canada including Nova Scotia, P. E. I. and Newfoundland, the Baja Peninsula and also brief excursions into Mexico proper in areas close to border.
    Life is an adventure to those with the courage to explore.

Best vacation was a rented motor home with my family at a lake for two weeks and no television.

Just a close enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by jujube View Post
    A trip to Morocco several years ago. I really felt that I was in an exotic place without feeling like I had fallen off the edge of the world.
    I read recently that the airfare there is vary reasonable but once you're there it can be a bit pricey. The article also noted that last "Black Friday" in New York City, you could fly NYC to Morocco roundtrip for $400. Wow.
    Love & Sunshine for hurricane victims please.

I would love to do Africa and Australia in that order. Just to see the scenery and wildlife.
    "SEMPER FI"

Done flying, now more land based. My best vacation is definitely 'retirement'. Love the dress code, eating what I want (within reason) when I want it. Other day was reading two different lists one was 'The XX cheapest places to retire to' the other was 'Most dangerous places to visit'. Every location on list 2 was on list 1. Being an easy target for muggings and assault convinced me that neither list is high on my travel itinerary. I try to stay out of the high crime areas. Keep a low profile and try to appear destitute, not very hard on my income.

Australia was our best, Melbourne, Sydney and Cairns. Snorkeling on the Barrier Reef was fun.

Philippines was by far the best trip I ever had. Gorgeous beaches, breathtaking sceneries, and fruits that taste so heavenly. It's a real paradise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.