Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

can a t.v. question go in this section?

Is this hooked up to a satellite or cable box? Reason being if you accidentaly change the mode or channel on the TV itself that frequently produces a blank screen with the power indicator on. Most TVs work on antenna mode and channels 3 or 4 when hooked to another device.

Noted along with other trouble shooting tips in the manual.

https://www.download.p4c.philips.com...27_dfu_aen.pdf

Actually, I've actually accidentally done that a couple of times -- I mean changed the input mode without meaning to and become very frustrated till I figured out what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Actually, I've actually accidentally done that a couple of times -- I mean changed the input mode without meaning to and become very frustrated till I figured out what was going on.
    Yep, I've been with people who have done that and they go into panic mode right away, Check the fuse box! Call the cable company! Say mode or input and they're like huh?

Trouble shooting isn't that hard. It's simply checking your work, retracing your steps or process of elimination.

I just had my A/V receiver repaired. The display started flickering about a year ago and got gradually worse. It still worked, but I couldn't use the menu.
    They diagnosed it, replaced a resister and re-soldered some connections for $75. And lucky for me, the place that did is less than a block away. They re-soldered some connections in my GPS a few yrs ago for $20.
    Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul - Samuel Ullman

'Stuck inside the Midwest with the LA blues again'
    Yup, I'm one of those people who doesn't understand the terminology- mode, input, circuit, etc.
    No prob with fuse box, I was on other side of the room when it quit so I hadn't touched anything, no cable/satellite- just a converter box & old-fashioned rabbit-ears antenna.

It's still sitting there, too heavy to move it out.
    But I'm kinda irked at the company- no replies on their forum, no answer to 2 emails, and their site said to use chat feature for televisions made before 2008 but the person I talked to said they don't deal with THAT t.v. and that I should call customer service. Slight hearing impairment = I wouldn't be able to follow anything said over the phone. I suppose it's possible that it just "aged out," but I've had televisions much older that lasted longer.

Our TV stopped working today, the cable box/DVR showed the wrong time and just didn't work. I phoned the cable company and the nice lady told me to unplug the power cord for a minute and then plug it back in. The display on the box went through a process of "rebooting" and now everything is fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.