Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When Does Everyone Start Christmas Shopping?

When Does Everyone Start Christmas Shopping?

I'm thinking of starting next month and wrapping it up (pun intended!) before the malls get crowded with holiday shoppers.

I start on December 24.

lol Camper6

christmas shopping

Since I cannot wrap gifts with only one hand I only get everyone gift cards. I started in Jan of this year buying a gift card each month so by Christmas I have everyone taken care of. All of my family expects their favorites. One daughter wants a Starbucks as she loves the coffee but hates the cost. the 3 "grands" are girls and want cards to their favorite shopping stores. My BIL wants Bass Pro as he is a hunter and fisherman. Sister is in love with TJ Maxx and only wants that. Brother and SIL only want MC as they restock their cake decorating supplies. Other daughter requests MC also. So mine are easy and they get what they want. Of course along with that they get their peanut butter candy which is only made once a year and they have to have it. Family and friends only are on the list. So one of them comes over to help me with the candy the first week in Dec. so I can mail it with the gift cards by the 10th. They immediately open their packages to get their candy and put their gift card which is in a decorative case under their tree. I pick up stocking stuffers all year long as I still make my 2 girls stockings each year. One daughter is 50 and the other is 45 but they still want their stocking each year.
    Last edited by terry123; 08-11-2017 at 06:28 AM. Reason: typo

Whenever I see something that I know a person on my list would like I buy it. All my Christmas wrapping supplies are in easy reach so as soon as I get the item I wrap it as well. I keep all receipts in an envelope labeled Christmas along with a list of the gifts I bought. One year I didn't do that and because the purchase was made right after the holidays I had no idea what I bought. I had to unwrap the gift. The last thing I wanted was to be just as surprised as the person I gave it to. Can you imagine sitting around the Christmas tree and saying to the recipient of my gift,wow! I really like that.

Probably about a week before. I only give cash because I have no idea of what they want/need.

Let them have fun picking what they'd like. (easier for me too.)

WHAT! Why would anyone interrupt my summer with such a question. Excuse me while I continue shopping my my summer camping trip.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

gift cards to all-----------------

It's just mama and I and we stopped Xmas shopping for each other many years ago......through the year if we see something that we want we just go ahead and purchase it if the funds are available.

Same as Ike, just the two of us and we haven't done any Christmas shopping for a long time, just buy things throughout the year when we need or want something. I thought for a long time that all the holidays were too commercialized and just for profit. It really annoys me to see Christmas stuff in the stores in August or September too. It seems by the time the holiday finally arrives, that it's over with already. When we were kids and bought presents for family, it usually started in late November.

I don't.

What a thoughtful plan you have, terry123! Peanut butter candy...yum!

Gift cards are a growing trend these days! I might hop on the bandwagon.

Stuck inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues again.
    I would like to retire to an underground bunker at the start of Christmas shopping season and not come out until it's over. My favorite day of the year is January 2nd.
    "What we've got here, is failure to communicate."

lol Trade!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.