Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Cleveland Indians are Doing Great!

Quote Originally Posted by oldman View Post
    Diamond(backs) as in rattlesnakes.
    Thank you.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched
    - they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by nvtribefan View Post
    Hoping the Tribe and the Astros complete sweeps today! Not looking good for the D-backs.
    Cool! I hope the Indians win the World Series!!!!

My cousin, who lives in an east side suburb has season's tickets for the Indians, Browns and Cavs. Her and her husband own their own business, so they hand out the tickets to their best clients as a matter of good will. Last year, she told me to pick a game for the W.S. I decided to go for it and picked Game 7. She told me that she guessed that I wouldn't get to see a game. She predicted the Indians would win in six games. I went to game 7. I had a good time, even with the rain delay, but it would have been a lot more fun post game had the Indians won.

This year, I told her that I was staying home, but if it goes seven, I am going out there and will watch the game at their house with my cousins. If it goes seven games and if by the fifth inning it looks like the Indians will win, I want to drive into the city and watch the celebrations. Hopefully, they won't go nuts and burn cars and loot, like they do in L.A.
    "SEMPER FI"

No ALDS sweeps yesterday. A real pitchers' duel in NY, though. Exciting series so far.

Well, are the Indians going to take the choke?
    "Nothing good happens after 2:00 a.m."

My cousin, who lives in an east side suburb has season's tickets for the Indians, Browns and Cavs. Her and her husband own their own business, so they hand out the tickets to their best clients as a matter of good will. Last year, she told me to pick a game for the W.S. I decided to go for it and picked Game 7. She told me that she guessed that I wouldn't get to see a game. She predicted the Indians would win in six games. I went to game 7. I had a good time, even with the rain delay, but it would have been a lot more fun post game had the Indians won.

This year, I told her that I was staying home, but if it goes seven, I am going out there and will watch the game at their house with my cousins. If it goes seven games and if by the fifth inning it looks like the Indians will win, I want to drive into the city and watch the celebrations. Hopefully, they won't go nuts and burn cars and loot, like they do in L.A.
    I don't think they would burn cars and loot. When the Cavs won they were really well behaved.

Quote Originally Posted by 911 View Post
    Well, are the Indians going to take the choke?
    I've never heard that expression..what does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by nvtribefan View Post
    No ALDS sweeps yesterday. A real pitchers' duel in NY, though. Exciting series so far.
    yes

Well, the Indians will be even better next year!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthanne View Post
    I've never heard that expression..what does it mean?
    Wikipedia says it best: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choke_(sports)
    "SEMPER FI"

I don't understand the Indians. Last year they were one game away from winning the W.S. with a 3-1 lead. All they had to do was to win one game out of the next three and yet, they couldn't do it. They let the Cubs, of all teams, beat them.

This year, they are up 2-0 in a best out of 5. Again, all they had to do was to win 1 game out of the next 3 and the couldn't do it AND they had their best and probably thee best pitcher in the A.L on the mound. This is a team that won 22 consecutive games earlier in the season.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like Terry Francona and I knew his dad, Tito back in the day. My Uncle sold Buicks to him. Riviera convertibles, if I remember correctly. However, I would have to say that Terry (also nicknamed Tito) has been out-managed the last two seasons during the playoffs. I think this goes without saying. Anytime a manager has leads in a series as he has had and loses, it is a sure sign to many of us former jocks and players that he has been out-managed. Either that or the fix was on. This is just unbelievable.
    "SEMPER FI"

Thanks.

I don't understand the Indians. Last year they were one game away from winning the W.S. with a 3-1 lead. All they had to do was to win one game out of the next three and yet, they couldn't do it. They let the Cubs, of all teams, beat them.

This year, they are up 2-0 in a best out of 5. Again, all they had to do was to win 1 game out of the next 3 and the couldn't do it AND they had their best and probably thee best pitcher in the A.L on the mound. This is a team that won 22 consecutive games earlier in the season.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like Terry Francona and I knew his dad, Tito back in the day. My Uncle sold Buicks to him. Riviera convertibles, if I remember correctly. However, I would have to say that Terry (also nicknamed Tito) has been out-managed the last two seasons during the playoffs. I think this goes without saying. Anytime a manager has leads in a series as he has had and loses, it is a sure sign to many of us former jocks and players that he has been out-managed. Either that or the fix was on. This is just unbelievable.
    It was so disappointing but next year will be here fast...

Go Houston and LA!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.