Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Shoot looters on sight

Shoot looters on sight

I posted my thoughts on this some time in the past and most disagreed with me, how ever I still feel that LOOTING is one of the most reprehensible of all crimes and deserves instant death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I posted my thoughts on this some time in the past and most disagreed with me, how ever I still feel that LOOTING is one of the most reprehensible of all crimes and deserves instant death.
    I think rape and child abuse are crimes that are much worse than looting and although I dislike looters I think time in jail is sufficient.

I didn't put murder on my list because in some states you will be put to death...eventually.

I disagree, but I respect your opinion..

I disagree with the Death Penalty....as it is currently handled....Years of court actions, and millions of taxpayer dollars. Instead, I would like to see the government create a prison system that is Truly a Punishment for those who commit violent crimes, or are repeat offenders. Instead of a climate controlled environment with amenities, toss these dregs into something resembling a WWII prison camp....where they can rot. As for looters...when caught, suspend or revoke all their government handouts...food stamps, subsidized housing, free cell phones, etc., etc....maybe they might see that stealing some items from a store isn't worth the "benefits" they get.
    Things get better with age....I'm approaching Magnificent.

I'm pretty fond of due process.

I hate to see reports of looting on television and I believe that looters who are using a riot or natural disaster as an opportunity to grab some new electronics, designer clothes, etc... should be caught and punished just like any other thief.

I also think that in a natural disaster you might see some folks looting stores for food, medicine, etc... and that some discretion should be used in how to handle the situation.

Murder is way, way, down on my list of punishments.

Stuck inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues again.
    I can get on board with this as long as we can also summarily execute all the looters on Wall Street and the Corporate boardrooms too.
    "What we've got here, is failure to communicate."

I wasn't aware that stealing was punishable by the death sentence Lon..

But Perhaps these looters in Houston following Harvey should be? what do you think Lon... Notice anything?

looters.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
    I wasn't aware that steeling was punishable by the death sentence Lon..

But Perhaps the these looters in Houston following Harvey should be? what do you think Lon... Notice anything?

looters.jpg
    Those aren't looters from Harvey, the photo is from 2014.

http://www.eldiariodecoahuila.com.mx...fe-456344.html

Quote Originally Posted by Don M. View Post
    As for looters...when caught, suspend or revoke all their government handouts...food stamps, subsidized housing, free cell phones, etc., etc....maybe they might see that stealing some items from a store isn't worth the "benefits" they get.
    You don't hide your racism very well Don. Try to do better next time.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeCee View Post
    Those aren't looters from Harvey, the photo is from 2014.

http://www.eldiariodecoahuila.com.mx...fe-456344.html
    My apology.... I should have checked.... But.. they are still looters and all should be shot. Right?

But.. they are still looters and all should be shot. Right?
    Just the ones that are getting "government handouts".

My apology.... I should have checked.... But.. they are still looters and all should be shot. Right?
    I never said looters should be shot and I don't know if that story is about looters or people just hoarding supplies before a hurricane....don't know the story on that photo....sorry.

I can almost understand looting for water and food, but the video that's going around today about the looting in Miami shows people looting an athletic shoe store, carrying armloads and garbage bags full of expensive athletic shoes and stuffing them in cars. When the police show up, they scurry off down the street, clutching armloads of shoes. They don't even seem to be overly worried about the police. And there's no reason why they should be, because the police now aren't going to do much about it, as far as I can tell.

By no stretch of the imagination can looting an athletic shoe store be considered necessary for survival.

What to do?
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jujube View Post
    I can almost understand looting for water and food, but the video that's going around today about the looting in Miami shows people looting an athletic shoe store, carrying armloads and garbage bags full of expensive athletic shoes and stuffing them in cars. When the police show up, they scurry off down the street, clutching armloads of shoes. They don't even seem to be overly worried about the police. And there's no reason why they should be, because the police now aren't going to do much about it, as far as I can tell.

By no stretch of the imagination can looting an athletic shoe store be considered necessary for survival.

What to do?
    Shoot em all. Let God sort em out.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.