Simple Things That Make Me Happy. How About You?

Simple Things That Make Me Happy. How About You?

I am very happy that last night I had the best night's sleep in a long time due to a Full Body Massage that I had yesterday. The Full Body Massage always makes me happy. Discovering that there is still a glass or two of Cabernet left in the wine bottle always pleases me. Getting a email from a friend of long standing makes me happy. The smiling children on the Shriner's Hospital commercials. The fuzzy, cuddly puppies and dogs on the SPCA ads makes me want to adopt a dozen of them.

I think I'm in Florida, but I'm not sure any more......my GPS blew away.
    Don't laugh but my closet makes me happy. After a whole life of closets that just didn't cut it, I finally have my perfect closet. Not too small, not too big. Just the right amount of hanging room and shelving. Bright ceiling light. Room to move around. And I don't have to share it with anyone as he has HIS closet, too.

I tell the Spousal Equivalent that if we ever break up, I get custody of the closet. Men just don't understand closets.
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

Simple pleasures for me are a quiet day at home with my Husband, spending time with my children and grandchildren. Baby sitting my daughter's or my son's dogs because they are soo loveable. And of course I would love a good nights sleep.

A dark and stormy night with me snug in my home, comfy chair, dinner in the crock pot and a brand new book. Also, the sound of a baby giggling.
    Life is an adventure to those with the courage to explore.

My two furkids with their antics in the daytime or snuggling with me at night, my dear husband, mother nature in all her glory, forests, oceans, wildlife and just hanging out at home on snowy winter days. And.....being retired!

I'm happy when my home is nice and clean and in order then I can really relax and enjoy having time for my many projects. I'm also happy and content when I know my kids and their families are happy as well.

So many things, but my Dogs truly make me happy. I like to think I make them happy too.

For me it's always that elusive sweet spot between too little and too much when everything is just right!

Hearing a young child laugh

A good cup of coffee in the morning, when my family comes to visit, my cuddly dog, a wicked thunderstorm, our little piney woods.

That is a blessing, I would say. Living happily without any complaints. It is not possible for me.

Seeing my dog, waiting at the front door smiling and happy to see me when I get home, and watching her sleep upside down on the couch with all her feet in the air and putting her blankie over her if it is chilly and watching her snuggle contentedly into it.

Being secure and warm at home when the weather is dreadful outside.

Seeing my son when he comes home and fussing at him that he is going to squash me when he hugs me.

Seeing my dog get excited and happy makes me happy. However, I don't see it too often. Her beloved pack leader died in April, 2014. She hasn't been the same since. She always grabbed his left hind leg at the foot. He'd run while she had his foot in her mouth. She'd run along side of him. Then they'd roll and tumble together and knock each other down. It was a continual celebration.

I'm glad I have a beautiful view. I can see strange rock formations on a rise about two miles away. I can stare at that for minutes, particularly when there's some snow there but the sun is shining.

I'll have to get back to you on this.

Raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.