Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Around The Bend

Looking back....around the bend, to hear .........John Denver at the Australian Bicentennial in 1988

Jim

Round The Bend Of The Road (2008 Remastered Version) · Paul Robeson
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Meanderer View Post
    Don't get wrong....I like the guy, and thought the show was pretty good but.......

This coming from a guy who made his fortune & fame talking......mostly about other people who actually worked.........

Quote Originally Posted by rgp View Post
    Don't get wrong....I like the guy, and thought the show was pretty good but.......

This coming from a guy who made his fortune & fame talking......mostly about other people who actually worked.........
    He is what he is.

Mike Rowe’s Resume

Bio - Mike Rowe
    Jim

Today is December 7, 2017

Jim

Ravens 'Round the Bend'
    Jim

Drivin' South, around the bend.....Alan Jackson, singing "The Little Man"!
    Jim

Ina, one of our old friends, has just passed away and has passed on, around the eternal bend. Freddy Fender was one of her favorite singers and this song was one she liked. Bless you, Ina!

Jim

Here is another favorite of hers...

Let me add this one....
    Jim

Take a 'Sleigh Ride' and dream of a White Christmas .....around a West Virginia bend!
    Jim

The Year I Bought Every Family In Town, A New Car (by Jim)

I don’t like to “toot my own horn”….but….the year 2012 was coming to a close. It had been a good year and as I thought about our little town, I had the idea that since most of the folks had old cars or none at all, I would do something about it.

Then and there I promised myself that I would park a new car in front of every house! Now as I said our town is very small, and the townsfolk are a quiet bunch. They are quite happy, just to be here! Truth be told, they don't drive much to speak of, and the little train still comes through town on occasion, so just maybe this idea would perk up the whole town.

So, one cold December day, five years ago, I headed out to buy 12 new cars. The very first place I stopped at had what I wanted. A twelve pack of metal die-cast cars. A real variety of colors and styles....something for everyone! They were a bargain too...it is only modesty that keeps me from disclosing the total sticker price!

Well, when I got them back to town, first thing I had to do was to collect and dispose of the old cars, and very carefully divvy up the new "wheels" in a way that would be pleasing to all. After I had finished, I stood back and I found out that I had been right...It did perk up the whole town. Well it will be five years since then, and I have not heard a word of complaint...or thanks for that matter, but the act was meant to be anonymous after all. They all still have low mileage, and their new car shine...especially when the tree lights are turned on!

Oh, and I almost forgot...I had a little left in the kitty...enough to buy a new school bus for the town's little school! All in all, the Christmas of 2012 was one of the Town's best! .....and Oprah had nothing to do with it!

Our Town.jpg
    Jim

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.