Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The best shoes for walking

You might look at these....

GravityDefyer.com

They have suspension built in the heels...very impact absorbing, comfortable.

Since Iím very into walking, this thread caught my eye. For me a good pair of shoes are very important and I usually go for KEENís or Merrells. These are a bit pricey also but they are great walking shoes.

I canít help but notice all the members who mentioned that they use ĎNew Balanceí shoes.
    Are these really THAT good. This is the first time Iíve heard of them.

What is about them that makes them that good?

I have a very expensive pair of running shoes that I purchased for the purpose of street and sidewalk running. But for taking nice long walks, I have found a pair of slip-on Sketchers is without a doubt the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. They fit tight and are extremely comfortable. I wear them often, even if I'm just relaxing around the house, driving, etc. They are by far my favorite shoes ever! I don't remember how much I paid for them, but I have purchased all at Kohls. This is my third pair. I have them on right now.

I use Sketchers Go Walk 3. They are so comfortable with cushioned insides and a nice thread on the bottoms. They also have a meshed top, which even though I have small feet, they allow my little toes to stretch out. I can take long walks and it feels like walking on air. No blisters, no pains at all. And very reasonably priced. What else could one ask for?
    Sing, sing a song. Make it simple to last your whole life long - The Carpenters

Quote Originally Posted by Keesha View Post
    Since Iím very into walking, this thread caught my eye. For me a good pair of shoes are very important and I usually go for KEENís or Merrells. These are a bit pricey also but they are great walking shoes.

I canít help but notice all the members who mentioned that they use ĎNew Balanceí shoes.
    Are these really THAT good. This is the first time Iíve heard of them.

I do use Merrell hiking shoes and boots for hiking in certain areas where sneakers aren't rugged enough for, but my feet are big and wide and for me they're okay but not that comfortable. The New Balance sneakers do have a wide fit compared to others, I also buy men sizes in shoes like these.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesha View Post
    Since I’m very into walking, this thread caught my eye. For me a good pair of shoes are very important and I usually go for KEEN’s or Merrells. These are a bit pricey also but they are great walking shoes.

I can’t help but notice all the members who mentioned that they use ‘New Balance’ shoes.
    Are these really THAT good. This is the first time I’ve heard of them.

I used to wear New Balance shoes, but switched to my Nikes because the New Balance just never felt quite right and I was beginning to have trouble with my knees. The Nike Odyssey that I wear (I also have some of the Nike Structure ones, which are good, too) has a stability platform and the way the shoe is made keeps my feet from over pronating, which was part of the reason my knees were bothering. Also haven't been bothered with plantar fascitis since switching to the Nikes. I guess everybody's feet are different and what works for one doesn't work for another.

I like the Merrells, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze View Post
    I do use Merrell hiking shoes and boots for hiking in certain areas where sneakers aren't rugged enough for, but my feet are big and wide and for me they're okay but not that comfortable. The New Balance sneakers do have a wide fit compared to others, I also buy men sizes in shoes like these.
    Interesting. My feet are actually a bit small considering how tall I am. They’re a size 8 women’s but a bit on the wide side also. I certainly don’t have skinny feet. Thanks Seabreeze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I used to wear New Balance shoes, but switched to my Nikes because the New Balance just never felt quite right and I was beginning to have trouble with my knees. The Nike Odyssey that I wear (I also have some of the Nike Structure ones, which are good, too) has a stability platform and the way the shoe is made keeps my feet from over pronating, which was part of the reason my knees were bothering. Also haven't been bothered with plantar fascitis since switching to the Nikes. I guess everybody's feet are different and what works for one doesn't work for another.

I like the Merrells, too.
    Thank you Butterfly. That’s really helpful. I need the extra structural support for I have very defined high arches so get that over pronating thing. Without proper arch support my right foot buckles.
    This is interesting. I’m glad I found other Merrell loving women. Aren’t they great? LOVES ‘em

I have a good pair of sneakers called "Sport". They were not cheap but reasonable for sneakers. I have had them over a year and a half and you can hardly tell. I have also used them every day.

With a shoe size of 13-4E my options are limited. For sneakers I like Asics best but like New Balance as well. For hiking shoes I go with Keen or Merrell, but Merrell has few choices in my size. Cabelas has some good footwear with their brand name on them, but they're made buy other shoe companies like Danner and Merrell. I buy all my shoes on-line from either Zappos, Cabelas or direct from the manufacturers site. I always put new insoles in my shoes as soon as I get them, I was using Dr. Scholls insoles for a few years at about $20 a pair, but lately have been buying Superfeet insoles on-line. They are about $50 a pair, but well worth it if you have foot problems. I like them much better than the Dr. Scholls

My favorite is ASIC but I added "Dr. Scholls Gel Pads for Working Women". They make me feel like I'm walking on clouds.

I might try some of the recommendations here though. Maybe I won't need to add the Gel Pads. They're expensive (something like $15).

Size 13?

We have a Cabelas near us and I agree that their brand name shoes are great. My husbands purchased their hiking boots before and the prices are awesome. They are definitely Merrell style.

I also agree that high end insoles are worth the money so yes Lara you get those gel ones.
    We have to take care of our feet.

The best shoes for walking depends on the individual and what feels best on their feet. There is no one shoe fits all well.

New Balance were known for running a bit wide.

I'm as flat footed as a duck and also over pronate which most of the time go together.

Several years ago I found the only sneakers that I can walk in comfortably for any length of time were New Balance 587's which were designed for big ol' boys (I'm 6'5" & 265 lbs. and wear a size 14 shoe) like me with flat feet that over pronate.

Sadly they discontinued the 587's a few years ago and when I found out they were going to I rat holed a few pair......I just unboxed my next to last pair about a month ago and still have one new pair, not sure what I'll do when I wear out my last two pair.

Flat-Feet-1.jpgsnusa-detail_20-sf.jpg
    Last edited by IKE; 06-14-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Wow! 6 ‘5”? We really do have some big boys here.

My father has large size 13 , flat footed feet and has always had a problem with them. I never realized that the weight shifts to the inside soul.

Oddly enough I have fairly high arches ,and small feet; the opposite .

Those New Balance shoes do look very nice I have to admit.
    Last edited by Keesha; 06-14-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.