Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

The best shoes for walking

Quote Originally Posted by IKE View Post
    I'm as flat footed as a duck and also overpronate which most of the time go together.

Several years ago I found the only sneakers that I can walk in comfortably for any length of time were New Balance 587's which were designed for big ol' boys (I'm 6'5" & 265 lbs.) like me with flat feet that overpronate.

Sadly they discontinued the 587's a few years ago and when I found out they were going to I rat holed a few pair......I just unboxed my next to last pair about a month ago and still have one new pair, not sure what I'll do when I wear out my last two pair.

Attachment 53132
    Ike, I'm in the same boat as you with big flat feet and over pronation. I've been looking at shoes on kurufootwear.com/ supposedly they are for the problems we have and some others like plantar fasciitis. I'm thinking of trying a pair to see if they're any good.

Another thing you might want to try are insoles called Superfeet. I have them and they work pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by RadishRose View Post
    New Balance were known for running a bit wide.
    Funny -- for me they always seemed a bit narrow.

I’ve never personally owned a pair of New Balance but from everything I’ve read about them, most people preferred the extra widest they offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Funny -- for me they always seemed a bit narrow.
    I always have to order NB shoes smaller than my usual size. I usually get a 12 1/2 wide in NB rather than a 13-4E in most every other shoe brand. The quality of the NB shoes is top notch, but I'm not a fan of the big "N" on the side of the shoes so I don't buy them all that often.

How aware are you of your feet when you are walking.

When I am walking I try to concentrate my foot on the pavement in the most comfortable position.

I mean, I just don't walk. I concentrate on what I am doing. If I was flat footed I would try to put the pressure on the outside of the foot away from arch.

I use New Balance. They are very comfortable and sturdy. I wear a 6 1/2 in women's and a 5 in boys. Even the sandals are comfortable.

I don't walk on a regular basis so I have just cheap sneakers that I wear for housework and gardening. Last summer I did a lot of walking with my daughter and didn't have time to buy good shoes. I bought a very good pair of insoles and stuck them in the cheap sneakers and they were so comfortable and lasted a very long time.

I was always having issues with my shoes being too small as the day wore on, my daughter told me to buy a shoe 1/2 larger than I wore, exercise, etc makes ones feet swell. I did and worked wonders! I think everyone knew that but me.

New Balance makes an MW877 walking shoe for men and an identical one for women that has been the best we've ever owned. Nice flatfish soles that don't cause stumbling like the old Rockport Walkers with that rocker type sole seemed to do. They have a wider toe box and are accurately sized but I alway recommend a 1/2 size larger as debbie in seattle posted. They also don't look like something a hipster would wear

They are Made in the USA and last a fairly long time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.