Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cq..cq..cq

Cq..cq..cq

_9060330.jpg

Back at you. I can't match your gear, but here's my SWL corner. I've never been a ham, but enjoyed listening to them. The QSL cards and Collins receiver were a gift from a good friend. They were his Dad's.

Don

swl.jpg

​I have always had an interest in them. Have wanted to learn, but no one I know ever used them. I became interested when that movie Frequency came out.
    I am trying to find myself. Have you seen me anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Marie5656 View Post
    ​I have always had an interest in them. Have wanted to learn, but no one I know ever used them. I became interested when that movie Frequency came out.
    I'm a Yaesu aficionado myself, and you may notice the FR7700 SW receiver at the top of my pile. When the propagation is poo....on it goes. Good ol' Radio Romania Intl , China Radio Intl. not forgetting VOA naturally !

Never too late to get into Radio operating, although I was only 17 when I first used a transceiver, but that was in the RAF after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Grampa Don View Post
    Back at you. I can't match your gear, but here's my SWL corner. I've never been a ham, but enjoyed listening to them. The QSL cards and Collins receiver were a gift from a good friend. They were his Dad's.

Don

swl.jpg
    Collins and Halicrafter have a reputation second to none......Yaesu is almost as good !

I have been licensed for about 37 years now. I started as a SWL in 1946 but wasn't licensed until '80. I am no longer active however but I do renew my ticket as I worked too hard to get it to let it lapse. 73 de K0JAD
    We are either growing or dying.

The Ham's Prayer

Our Marconi, who art in DX heaven,
    Hallowed be thy carrier wave.
    Thy propagation come.
    Thy will be done in the radio room as it is in the manual.
    Give us this day our daily Sproradic E.
    And forgive us our pills politics and operation nets,
    as we forgive those who transmit over us.
    Lead us not into deregulation,
    but deliver us from lightning strikes.
    For thine is the electro, the magnetic
    and radio frequency.
    Forever and ever

Amen
    Last edited by corkyzdad; 11-08-2017 at 11:32 AM.

CQ, nice poem, however it is only partly correct. Marconi may have built the first spark gap radio but did not invent it. Nikola Tesla did!

1084682.jpg you won't mind if I leave... but I have some paint which is drying and REALLY should be observed very carefully

Korkyzdad, your poem is perfectly delightful! Thank you.
    Last edited by Meanderer; 11-09-2017 at 06:50 PM.
    Jim

Jim

Don't know how long you guys have been on the air but we may have spoken back in the late 60's - 70's when I was operational in Bahrain as MP4BHL, A9XT & A92T. I was one of just three allowed to operate from the Arab state and the only one allowed to use the Royal Crest on my QSL cards - Sheikh Issa was a friend of mine

cq-cq-cq
    Just found your posting/thread I wish there wasn't so many restrictions here at my apartment or neighbors that complain when I have a QSO. I miss the old days at my cabin in Alaska where one never noticed my antenna farm and no neighbors close enough to interfere with their TV and computers.

73 KL1HB

Dad QSL 07.jpg

...adding a new antenna (TA-33) to my stacked array

IMG_7983a.jpg

I know what you mean Pete, some peeps aren't happy unless they have sumfin to gripe about, but you just try to complain about THEM and watch the sparks fly.

As a psychology graduate (1997) I know what spurs them on.... just google Adult ODD and you'll get an insight into their mindset....poor buggers !

I had a neighbour whinging about my GPA vertical swaying in the breeze, but I was damned to enter into a discourse on metallurgical elasticity with a lame brain who still thinks that sex is what posh people have their coal delivered in !

73 de Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.