Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What motif do you prefer on your Christmas cards?

What motif do you prefer on your Christmas cards?

I thought it would be interesting to see what people's preferences are for Christmas card designs. These ideas are from ones I have on hand:

religious
    Santa/kids/gifts
    scenic/winter
    Americana/folk art
    animals (specify)
    snowmen
    decorated tree/ornaments
    other (specify)
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

It depends on the way they look.

Quote Originally Posted by RadishRose View Post
    It depends on the way they look.
    Me too....I rarely send cards these days anyway..but the very few I do now to family members , it's usually just simply how nice they look and I'm a stickler for good quality cards too...

However sometimes I create my own cards online, specifically for a family member or friend..and the cover will usually represent something major in their life.. for example my daughter's Dogs...

I only send out a few cards these days but like scenic/winter, cute animals,any kind will do and the decorated tree/ornaments especially if they are old fashioned looking. I don't buy boxed cards anymore because I have to many left over and I'm afraid I'll send the same ones out again the following year. I get the few I need in the dollar store that way they are more personalized. Santa cards for the Grand kids. The oldest is ten and I bet by next year he won't believe in Santa so I have to enjoy the magical part of Christmas while I can.

I don't "send out" Christmas cards anymore.

For family Christmas gifts, I always give cash and put it inside a card.

I don't send too many cards anymore but when I did it just depended what caught my eye, had no preference except for no to religious ones.

But isn't that what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    But isn't that what it's all about?

Ya got me there!

But it's about a lot of things for me, mainly JOY.

This is a pretty typical safe style of Christmas card for me.

I do not send cards any more, but when I did, I usually sent winter scenes, or animals. I had people on my list from may faiths and beliefs, and I chose to send more general "Greeting of the holiday season" type of card, or an assortment that had a mixture of those that did say Merry Christmas and those that just had general greetings.
    I am trying to find myself. Have you seen me anywhere?

I rarely send cards now days ,however I have two close friends in the US I’m sending Aussie made Christmas cards to again this year .
    Im also a member of a Aussie site that’s mainly craft ,simple living ,everyday chat, we have voluntary swaps at Christmas of little gift ( useally something homemade under $10 ) or cards so I’m sending a card to a lady in the UK ....

To answer the posters question .all the cards I send have a Aussie theme ,like Australian flowers ,birds or other wild life

I only send a few, also, so I buy ones that I think the person I send it to will like; natural scenes for my mother, Santa and/or elves for families with children, etc.

I'm in the habit of writing a note inside that includes what date in December I plan to visit them. It's a habit that started while I was married...she came from a large, close-knit family.

I still send out cards and receive them, I prefer ones with a natural winter scene with or without an animal or bird, or a natural looking decorated Christmas tree, either alone or outdoors. Aunt Bea, I like designs like that too.

I have to be honest. We send about 55-65 cards. Any where from 3 to 6 packets are separated by what we know about our friends. One or two packets are religious. If we know they are a member of a church (many of them are) or of my wife's church (we belong to separate ones - that's another story), we send one that says something like "Have a blessed Christmas", and has an inspiring picture on it, and we write a small personal note.

Of course we have some dear friends who are not necessarily Christians. (We were both teachers and made a lot of friends down through the years and still stay in touch with many of them - some are Buddhists, some are Muslim, etc). But we still use the word "Christmas", and they have accepted that and understand us,
    just as we do them. (If they didn't, then they don't know us, and probably would not send us another card - we go over the list every year and add or delete as the case may be, just as I assume some of them also delete us.)

So we spend a lot of time on our Christmas list. Always have. But we take a lot of delight in this, and don't consider it a chore.

I think I'm in Florida, but I'm not sure any more......my GPS blew away.
    I send funny cards. Sometimes they're downright crazy. People always say they look forward to the cards I find every year. Of course, I also have a few older relatives who would not see the humor in them, so I have some traditional ones to send.
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.