Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Keep receiving calls from collection agency

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Cody, Wyoming
    Posts
    227


    Quote Originally Posted by Camper6 View Post
    Im amazed that the sent it to a collection agency. Why didn't they phone instead?

    I dont answer calls I don't recognize.
    You have admitted that you have nothing to lose. You don't own a home; you don't even own a washer and dryer.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Northwestern Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Horn View Post
    You have admitted that you have nothing to lose. You don't own a home; you don't even own a washer and dryer.
    Nevertheless I was scammed out of 1200 dollars taken out of my bank account. Not through a phone call. I got it back. Unlike you I'm not naive and I don't trust everybody . Seniors are being scammed every day. They pick up the phone and give out all kinds of information because they believe it is the government calling. You can do whatever you like. It's an international problem.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    N Carolina
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Horn View Post
    They're not going to shoot a poisoned needle through the phone line. Common sense dictates that we answer every call. If the call isn't important, it's easy enough to terminate it. Reading this thread, I get the impression that there are too many deadbeats and fugitives in the forum.
    Sir, that is only a fugitive wannabe and a deadbeat in name only.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Near Mount Pilot
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Horn View Post
    They're not going to shoot a poisoned needle through the phone line. Common sense dictates that we answer every call. If the call isn't important, it's easy enough to terminate it. Reading this thread, I get the impression that there are too many deadbeats and fugitives in the forum.
    I disagree and if that makes me a deadbeat or a fugitive then so be it.

    I maintain a telephone for my convenience and only answer it when it's convenient for me. I agree with others that if it is important to the caller they will leave a message so that I can decide if and when I will call them back.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Cody, Wyoming
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
    I disagree and if that makes me a deadbeat or a fugitive then so be it.

    I maintain a telephone for my convenience and only answer it when it's convenient for me. I agree with others that if it is important to the caller they will leave a message so that I can decide if and when I will call them back.
    There are many things that I don't like, but they are necessary. I don't like to pay income tax. I don't like to deal with the tax assessor. I don't like to go through the nuisance of vehicle maintenance. I didn't enjoy my last colonoscopy. I don't like it when my porch is icy. I don't enjoy sitting stopped for up to twenty minutes each way when I drive to town because of a major road project. I don't like it when the store is out of my favorite brand of butter. I really hate it when I feed my cat and after eating just a little bit, he meows for more. I don't like not being a billionaire. I could mention a hundred more.

    However, I must deal with all of these problems. So must you and everyone else except billionaires, although I have sometimes seen one lady billionaire in Walmart.
    Last edited by Big Horn; 11-15-2017 at 10:19 AM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Near Mount Pilot
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Horn View Post
    There are many things that I don't like, but they are necessary. I don't like to pay income tax. I don't like to deal with the tax assessor. I don't like to go through the nuisance of vehicle maintenance. I didn't enjoy my last colonoscopy. I don't like it when my porch is icy. I don't enjoy sitting stopped for up to twenty minutes each when I drive to town because of a major road project. I don't like it when the store is out of my favorite brand of butter. I really hate it when I feed my cat and after eating just a little bit, he meows for more. I don't like not being a billionaire. I could mention a hundred more.

    However, I must deal with all of these problems. So must you and everyone else except billionaires, although I have sometimes seen one lady billionaire in Walmart.
    I'm not a billionaire but I refuse to let my telephone run my life.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Albuquerque NM
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
    I disagree and if that makes me a deadbeat or a fugitive then so be it.

    I maintain a telephone for my convenience and only answer it when it's convenient for me. I agree with others that if it is important to the caller they will leave a message so that I can decide if and when I will call them back.
    Just because someone can dial 7 or 11 numbers doesn't mean I am required to talk to him or her. I bought and paid for my telephone as a convenience to me, not anyone I don't want to talk to.

    I don't have a Pavlovian response to a ringing phone, must answer, must answer, pant pant.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    N Carolina
    Posts
    252
    I'm in business and I know a lot of people screen their calls. If I don't get an answer I always leave a message so they know I'm not a telemarketer.
    I think most businesses do the same thing which is why I'm still a bit skeptical of the whole thing. Wrong addresses, etc
    You've all heard of the scam where all they need is a "yes" from you to a simple question.
    My house phone is mainly for screening calls and as a backup to my cell.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Near Mount Pilot
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by hearlady View Post
    I'm in business and I know a lot of people screen their calls. If I don't get an answer I always leave a message so they know I'm not a telemarketer.
    I think most businesses do the same thing which is why I'm still a bit skeptical of the whole thing. Wrong addresses, etc
    You've all heard of the scam where all they need is a "yes" from you to a simple question.
    My house phone is mainly for screening calls and as a backup to my cell.
    I always assume that when a caller asks me to confirm information or correct information that they are just phishing to get my information. If it is a business that I have a relationship with I hang up and call back at a number I know is legitimate.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico USA
    Posts
    7,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiling Jane View Post
    Just because someone can dial 7 or 11 numbers doesn't mean I am required to talk to him or her. I bought and paid for my telephone as a convenience to me, not anyone I don't want to talk to.

    I don't have a Pavlovian response to a ringing phone, must answer, must answer, pant pant.
    I agree. I answer my phone only when I want to. There are a few numbers I always pick up on -- my sister, my next door neighbor, etc. Otherwise, I do not pick up on numbers I do not recognize, or of people I don't want to talk to, or when I am in the middle of something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Similar Threads

  1. dating agency
    By Bonzo in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2016, 02:51 PM
  2. Canadian Revenue Agency...JOKE???
    By Don M. in forum Humor
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2016, 09:26 AM
  3. Bad collection agency
    By DennisK in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2015, 02:10 PM
  4. Yet Another Corrupt Govt. Agency
    By Don M. in forum Current News and Hot Topics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-06-2015, 09:31 AM
  5. Gifts - getting them & receiving them
    By chic in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-23-2015, 07:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Family & Health Forums: Mom Forum - Health Forum - Low Carb Forum - Pet Forums