Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Eating Out - more? less?

I'm a gourmet vegan chef. I only eat out when the gf wants to, for a change of scenery. My cooking beats 99% of what I'm served in the "best restaurants" in town. I'd say we dine out about four times a month, and then I tell the waitperson exactly how I want my meal prepared. About 75% of the time, everything is fine. The rest of the time, I send back my food, smile at my gf, and wait until she finishes her meal. It works, for us.

My wife and I eat out every Wednesday or Thursday night, either at a Steak House, a Seafood House, or an Italian Restaurant.

We eat out more often than when I was working, because now we have no mortgage, no car payments, and more spendable income.

Hal

We do not eat out very often. I prepare simple meals now that there are just the two of us. We order some meals for special occasions to prepare at home rather than going out to eat.

We eat out a couple of times a week, which is actually about the same as when we were working. I have a weakness for Chinese food and Mexican food, and we enjoy going out for those fairly often.

I am single so I eat out quite often. But I try to spend my money wisely.

For example, even at a nice restaurant, I drink water instead of purchasing overpriced drinks. I'd rather that two or three dollars for a glass of tea go towards the tip [I leave good tips.]

I have discovered that a grocery deli can be a good, cheap and convenient place to eat lunch.

I like to buy BBQ meat to go so I can make sandwiches at home. The same cost for a BBQ sandwich at the restaurant equals about three sandwiches at home.

Quote Originally Posted by C'est Moi View Post

We eat out a couple of times a week, which is actually about the same as when we were working. I have a weakness for Chinese food and Mexican food, and we enjoy going out for those fairly often.

Yummm... I love Tex-Mex. When I do dine out, much of the time it's Tex-Mex.

Don't "eat out" much more, but lately I bring home fish and chips or Chinese food.

Quote Originally Posted by treeguy64 View Post
    I'm a gourmet vegan chef. I only eat out when the gf wants to, for a change of scenery. My cooking beats 99% of what I'm served in the "best restaurants" in town. I'd say we dine out about four times a month, and then I tell the waitperson exactly how I want my meal prepared. About 75% of the time, everything is fine. The rest of the time, I send back my food, smile at my gf, and wait until she finishes her meal. It works, for us.
    What is your favorite meal to prepare treeguy?
    Last edited by hearlady; 01-06-2018 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Spelling

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.