Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My heart is so very broken....just got back from the vet.

I'm sorry, Cindy. It's never easy to lose a pet.

I feel for you cindylou and pray for you to be comforted. I'm without words because I know how hard this is. Peace and love be with you from friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling Jane View Post

I'm sorry, Cindy. It's never easy to lose a pet.

It happened to me once. Before I had my own child, my baby was my cat.
    When he died I cried and cried for days. Never again. I have never had another pet.

Always tough to lose a pet. My labx is 9 years old so I know his years are numbered. But he has given me a lot of good years of companionship as I hope I have for him. It won't be any fun when the day comes to say goodbye, but my quality of life has been far better with him.

I can only say I am so sorry. I have been through this so many times in my 80+ years I don't have the heart to do it again. I hope the best for you.
    We are either growing or dying.

Quote Originally Posted by CindyLouWho View Post
    I wasn't going to post anything but I'm in so much emotional pain, I just can't stop crying.There is nothing they can do for my best friend. I know there is nothing to really say or do, I just can't lose him, can't do this. I don't want to go through this. He's been my best friend for 13 years and 8 months. I'm so terrified to lose him. This just sucks beyond belief. I know what I would say to comfort someone else, but my own advice isn't cutting it right now.
    My heart goes out to you. It's so hard to lose a loving and beloved pet. Let yourself cry.

Cindy, my heart breaks for you. This is the hell side of having pets. Grieve as you must for however long you must. Hugs.♥️
    Love is a verb.

Nor Cal, USA, south of Mt Shasta, west of Mt Lassen
    So sorry, Cindy. I'm glad you decided to post because it's obvious you are surrounded here by other animal lovers who understand your sadness and loss. Even though there will always be a special place in my heart for all my pets that have passed, Pappy is right, it does get better with some time. My heart goes out to you.
    Granny B. & Mr. B.'s website (check out our Match Game and Cool Links): www.breaktimehq.com

Thank you so very much for all your support and stories of your beloved pets, it really does help. My sweet Beagle is still hanging on, he is so incredibly strong. He has Liver cancer that has metastasized, an Enlarged heart and Bradycardia, his heart is only at 25%. I'm pretty tired with worry and keeping him comfortable but grateful he is hanging on. Like some of you wrote, we know when we get a pet that it's inevitable we will have to say goodbye at some point it doesn't make it any easier when that time does arrive.
    Thanks again for all you caring words

It doesn't make it easier when it's time to say your final goodbye, hugs to you and your boy.

Quote Originally Posted by CindyLouWho View Post
    we will have to say goodbye at some point it doesn't make it any easier when that time does arrive.
    Be strong
    but
    let the tears roll
    they wash the emotions out, but leave the good memories
    “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” Emerson

I am sorry. I am now in tears after reading all the posts. I have four dogs, my old Beagle is my love too(love all, but you know). I tell her every night when she goes to bed how lucky I am to have found her or she found me.

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyRoadLady View Post
    I am sorry. I am now in tears after reading all the posts. I have four dogs, my old Beagle is my love too(love all, but you know). I tell her every night when she goes to bed how lucky I am to have found her or she found me.
    I have one who's almost fourteen. She's the first one I got (found) as a puppy in fifty years. Every day when I get up I worry that she won't. She sleeps until noon, sometimes later.

I know how you feel, I am living with alot of anxiety day to day with his terminal condition right now. I keep checking to make sure he is still breathing. He sleeps so much now that I'm getting a glimpse of what it will feel like when he isn't here. I miss his energy and wanting to eat anything and everything. I'm thinking the silence will kill me, but like all the hurdles in life, guess we have to just push on through.

I'm very sorry. It is very tough to lose a pet. Huge hugs from Arizona.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.