Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

My heart is so very broken....just got back from the vet.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling Jane View Post
    Thanks, Radish Rose and C'est Moi. I told her I'll miss her until the end of my life. Sad but true. Good pets live on in our hearts and they never leave.
    So true. I lost my little dog last May and I miss him so very much. Amazing how much of my day was consumed by that little fellow and now there is a hole in my heart and in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by C'est Moi View Post
    So true. I lost my little dog last May and I miss him so very much. Amazing how much of my day was consumed by that little fellow and now there is a hole in my heart and in my life.
    That sums it up well.

Thanks, LindsayE. I realized I've never lived with a person for 20 years, but I've lived that long with my two favorite cats. When my 22-year-old cat died, a friend brought this one to me and said she was my new cat. At the time I didn't think I was ready, but it worked well.

Thanks, Big Horn. She was the difference between living alone and feeling alone.

Quote Originally Posted by C'est Moi View Post
    Tallulah and a black male Japanese bobtail were found and turned into a rescue group where my friend was a volunteer. It didn't work out for me to take the male cat, but they found a young boy who wanted a cat and it was exactly right. They were almost full-grown but not quite.

I think they belonged to a breeder. The person who found them was afraid for them because they obviously didn't know about streets and danger. No idea how they got out or why they were wandering. Tallulah didn't know about things like snuggling when I got her and she always tried to go into the dog's crate with him when I went to work. We thought she had been crated and never got any affection. She sure took to it and became a truly great kitty snuggler.

She's the only cat I've ever known whose vocalizations included a near-perfect imitation of Patsy Cline's throb. I was stunned the first time she made that sound.

This is the longest I've been on my desktop without her coming in and demanding that I quit fooling around and snuggle with her.

Awww....sweet story Jane

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling Jane View Post
    This is the longest I've been on my desktop without her coming in and demanding that I quit fooling around and snuggle with her.
    Hugs to you, Jane.

Sorry for your loss Cindy. It's always hard to say goodbye to our pets, they are a loyal member of the family.

Thank you, Jim, he is hanging on still, thank God. Making the most of each day I still have left with him with. He's a real sweetie.

Enjoy your time with him, Cindy.

Sorry for the terrible news. Best to you and your family

He knows that you love him; that makes him feel better.

i lost two dogs last year. one to colon cancer and the other to diabetes. it still hurts and i am just grateful that i had the courage to help them over the rainbow bridge. . corkie left the day of the elclipse and as i left, the vet, i thought this is the angels helping him..

​Hi Cindy...how is everything going with your buddy?
    Don't Stop Believing

Hi Marie,

Well he is hanging in there with me. He's developed quite a cough which is probably associated with his enlarged heart. Liver tumor is quite large but doesn't seem to be getting any larger for now. He sleeps alot and his appetite for what he wants to eat keeps changing every couple weeks, so I'm trying to keep up with him to keep him nourished. Just taking it easy with him, and savoring my time with him. My vet is very surprised he is doing as well as he is, but he's loved & cared for like a child & I'm always kissing & hugging the heck out of him. Thanks for asking Marie.

A friend said the reason my cats live as long as they do is they don't want to leave me.

I bet that's true for your beagle love too. Does he have hemangiosarcoma?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.