Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 69 of 69

What Supplements, Herbs or Vitamins Do You Take On A Daily Basis?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Santa Monica CA
    Posts
    2,645
    My most important supplements I take daily:

    Grape Seed Extract
    Magnesium
    D3 and K2
    Milk Thistle
    Probiotics


    Digestive Enzymes
    Lutein/Bilberry
    Iodine

    For Joint Health/Maintenance:

    Cosamin DS
    Omega 3's (4-5g)
    Turmeric Curcumin

    I take some others for lowering Homocysteine:

    Nattokinase
    Methyl Folate
    Methyl B12
    TMG

    There are some others that I don't take daily like:

    DHEA

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,461
    Supplements I take daily

    senior women’s formula one a day multi
    vitamin c - 1000 mg time released
    vitamin b - 100 mg
    krill oil
    livercare
    hair growth formula
    bioSil for hair & nails
    collagen
    kelp for natural iodine ( thyroid health )
    oregano oil
    calcium & magnesium with vitamin D
    chlorophyllin and mint

    things I take only when needed

    echinacea
    probiotics
    Gaba for when depression sets in
    glucosamine sulfate
    Osteo joint ease
    kambusha
    saw palmetto plus for women

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    213
    I've been taking a statin for years for cholesterol but after reading more about side effects, such as joint and muscle pain, which I'm getting more often, I'm weening myself off the statin drug and I'm going to be taking Lecithin and coQ10/Ubiquinol.

    I'm not much of a pill taker and hate taking any "drug". My HBP has been under control for quite some time and I'd like to get weened off the 3 BP pills I take daily. I would rather take a supplement for BP. Any suggestions?? I have a doctor's appointment in July and will discuss going off the BP drugs.

    A few people have asked about probiotics or are already taking probiotics. I took a probiotic for years and most of the time it worked fine, but the last year or so I have been using ground flaxseed. I put 1 tablespoon of it on my cereal every morning and for me, it works better than a probiotic.

    The only other thing I'd like to find in a supplement would be for digestive concerns. Is there anything else for acid reflux prevention? I've taken Protonix for years and I seem to be getting immune to it as it doesn't work as often. I watch my diet and stay away from chocolate, tomato sauces, etc., but I'd rather be taking something more "natural".

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Santa Monica CA
    Posts
    2,645
    Here is what Dr. Sinatra says about statins..

    https://www.drsinatra.com/statin-dru...ould-take-them

    My doctor has been testing Homocysteine and Fibrigin for the last few yrs and hardly mentions cholesterol. Cholesterol is NOT the enemy. We NEED cholesterol...pharma makes a lot of money on the drugs.

    http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthsc...the-Real-Enemy

    Here is what LifeExtension believes about testing over 40

    https://www.lifeextensionvitamins.com/10moimblte.html

    I take a couple meds, thyroid and BP and I fought and fought the BP meds but have made peace with them..they could be helpful for me. I resist pharma drugs with a passion but trust a couple.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Northwestern Ontario Canada
    Posts
    4,567
    The only vitamins I take is the ones my doctor recommends for my condition.

    B12. Under the tongue.

    Vitamin D. 2000 mgs a day.

    The claim is we don't get enough sunshine to convert D through the skin in our northern climate.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
    Here is what Dr. Sinatra says about statins..

    https://www.drsinatra.com/statin-dru...ould-take-them

    My doctor has been testing Homocysteine and Fibrigin for the last few yrs and hardly mentions cholesterol. Cholesterol is NOT the enemy. We NEED cholesterol...pharma makes a lot of money on the drugs.http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthsc...the-Real-Enemy

    Here is what LifeExtension believes about testing over 40

    https://www.lifeextensionvitamins.com/10moimblte.html

    I take a couple meds, thyroid and BP and I fought and fought the BP meds but have made peace with them..they could be helpful for me. I resist pharma drugs with a passion but trust a couple.
    Great info...thanks! My hubby has been on a statin for about 10 years. He's 77 and doesn't have any heart problems, but according to Dr. Sinatra, my hubby shouldn't even be on it!! I'm going to be giving him CoQ10 also. Why don't these doctors tell you these things?? Is it because they get compensated for handing out these drugs or is it because once you reach a "certain" age...it really doesn't matter to them what side effects there could be?? Amazing!

    I was put on a HRT drug years ago for hot flashes. I trusted my doctor and what he told me. I was on it for years and when we moved to AZ 4 years ago, the doctor here asked me why I had been on it so long. He took me off of it and I have hot flashes but I'd rather put up with them then have chemicals in my body!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Santa Monica CA
    Posts
    2,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    Great info...thanks! My hubby has been on a statin for about 10 years. He's 77 and doesn't have any heart problems, but according to Dr. Sinatra, my hubby shouldn't even be on it!! I'm going to be giving him CoQ10 also. Why don't these doctors tell you these things?? Is it because they get compensated for handing out these drugs or is it because once you reach a "certain" age...it really doesn't matter to them what side effects there could be?? Amazing!

    I was put on a HRT drug years ago for hot flashes. I trusted my doctor and what he told me. I was on it for years and when we moved to AZ 4 years ago, the doctor here asked me why I had been on it so long. He took me off of it and I have hot flashes but I'd rather put up with them then have chemicals in my body!
    The medical Industry is all about profits bottom line. Do they really care about people...ummm, maybe one has a doctor who really cares, but at the end of the day they turn off their minds to what they prescribe etc and they know the dangers of the drugs.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    33,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    I was put on a HRT drug years ago for hot flashes. I trusted my doctor and what he told me. I was on it for years and when we moved to AZ 4 years ago, the doctor here asked me why I had been on it so long. He took me off of it and I have hot flashes but I'd rather put up with them then have chemicals in my body!
    I always tried to avoid doctors unless I really needed them, or being put on prescription meds like so many others in my immediate family. When I went through menopause, the doctor mentioned hormone replacement therapy for my hot flashes and occasional night sweats. I told him no thanks, I was already using Red Clover Blossom with good results and intended to continue using the supplement. He thought is was a good idea, and encouraged me to continue taking the vitamins and supplements I was using, they seemed to working well for me. Prescriptions drugs are absolutely necessary for some people with some conditions and diseases, and I'm glad they're available if the need is there. But, if there's a more natural way, I'm always open to trying it.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,461
    Quote Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
    The medical Industry is all about profits bottom line. Do they really care about people...ummm, maybe one has a doctor who really cares, but at the end of the day they turn off their minds to what they prescribe etc and they know the dangers of the drugs.
    Doctors have an average of 2 weeks education on the importance of nutrition. Since most medical education is sponsored by the big pharmaceutical companies, other options are rarely considered.

    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze View Post
    I always tried to avoid doctors unless I really needed them, or being put on prescription meds like so many others in my immediate family. When I went through menopause, the doctor mentioned hormone replacement therapy for my hot flashes and occasional night sweats. I told him no thanks, I was already using Red Clover Blossom with good results and intended to continue using the supplement. He thought is was a good idea, and encouraged me to continue taking the vitamins and supplements I was using, they seemed to working well for me. Prescriptions drugs are absolutely necessary for some people with some conditions and diseases, and I'm glad they're available if the need is there. But, if there's a more natural way, I'm always open to trying it.
    I agree completely Seabreeze. I’m not on any prescription drugs except cannabis and that’s still all natural.
    Theres certainly a need and use for certain prescription drugs but if you can get away from taking them, you are best off.
    I use the medical establishment to get any testing done and from there make my own decisions how to go about treating it and it’s working for me so I won’t change.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-29-2017, 11:39 AM
  2. Vitamin, Minerals and Herbs.
    By Mike in forum Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2017, 05:15 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2017, 10:17 PM
  4. Do you read the obituaries on a daily basis?
    By Ralphy1 in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-19-2014, 07:54 AM
  5. Do you use herbs to help stay healthy ?
    By Happyflowerlady in forum Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-28-2013, 01:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Family & Health Forums: Pet Forums - Health Forum