Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Anyone Retire In A "Snowbelt" Area?

Quote Originally Posted by JimW View Post
    I don't know about you Dave, but I trudged through neck deep snow UPHILL both ways!!

Yes a steady dose of the 40's will be nice, 50-60's even better!

My new snow blower is getting a good workout!
    Jim and Dave, here's CT's snow map- I'm far enough into the blue to enjoy the lower accumulation (I hope, SW of Hartford in Hartford County. Wish me luck and good luck to you, too!

snow_map_201842.jpg

Good luck to you Radish Rose, hopefully it won't be too bad out your way!

I'm in the 14"-18" swath and I believe Dave is as well. On the bright side, won't be any work for me tomorrow!

totalssnow.jpg

Ouch guys!

Quote Originally Posted by RadishRose View Post
    Ouch guys!

Vic is a riot!

RadishRose - that video is priceless! Here's the expected totals for Maine, I'm just outside Portland.

snow storm.JPG

Paige stay safe! 10-16 is a hefty bit. I got my milk and bread earlier, plus a container of gelato, heh heh.

Paige stay safe! 10-16 is a hefty bit. I got my milk and bread earlier, plus a container of gelato, heh heh.

Gelato huh? I'm glad you have your priorities straight RadishRose. My daughter cut out the middle man and bought a Gelato maker.

Seriously, all of you stay safe out there in those storms!

And here I thought we had it tough in the great white north. Good luck folks!

And I'm assuming that you took care of that chore in a calmer manner than the guy in the video!!!

We had a couple of trees come down,, one hitting the house, tearing off a section of gutter but can't tell if it damaged the roof overhang. It's still leaning against the house. A lot of the rural areas around us are without power but as of now (3 PM)) we're still OK, and the wind gusts have diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    We had a couple of trees come down,, one hitting the house, tearing off a section of gutter but can't tell if it damaged the roof overhang. It's still leaning against the house. A lot of the rural areas around us are without power but as of now (3 PM)) we're still OK, and the wind gusts have diminished.
    OMG Dave, sorry to hear this! Hope your roof is okay. The chainsaws will be buzzing up your way.

Oh, btw, yes, I was very calm when I went to the store for milk and bread, LOL.

Our snow stopped about 2 hour ago and melted off the pavement, but a band of something is coming up behind us, don't know what yet.

Upstate NYer here,south of Utica.
    I can't stand heat,humidity and pollen so have never considered Florida,I was there in 72,wasn't impressed...Life was simpler in some ways when hubby was alive but have since relocated to an apartment,so maintenance and snow and lawn issues aren't an issue.
    Grandson is 10 minutes away,grandaughters are a couple of hours South,makes a difference.

East Coast winter storms. West Coast fires. Atlantic and Gulf Coast tropical storms & hurricanes. Desert states sand storms. Midwest tornados. We are all in the same weather boat.

Quote Originally Posted by JimW View Post
    Good luck to you Radish Rose, hopefully it won't be too bad out your way!

I'm in the 14"-18" swath and I believe Dave is as well. On the bright side, won't be any work for me tomorrow!

totalssnow.jpg
    We definitely got more than the 18"+ north of Boston! After the 4-6 inches that fell overnight we probably ended up with about 22" total, maybe a little more. Big storm but the snow wasn't too heavy, that's a good thing! My new Ariens snowblower is a beast!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.