Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The "Opiod Police" got to me.

Sorry to hear fuzzybuddy...watching the news at night, that is exactly what I think when I hear them say....[we need to stop the opiod epidemic yada,yada] What about the ones suffering from the pain ? Answer.........nobody cares.

I tried the CBD oil, and I do think I gave it a good try. 3 bottles/3 months, all three strength's [and costs]. No help.

Sincere best wishes...and hope for relief for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Don M. View Post
    Certainly. Very few of these overpriced drugs actually Cure anything....they just Mask the symptoms. Plus, when a person starts taking one, the side effects almost always create the need for another drug...and another and another.
    When ya think about it , doctors don't 'cure' anything either..As you indicate, they just use the drugs to 'control' what they can. In most cases if they can provide some relief/some quality of life, most patients will be happy with that. Because it is so much better than before. By doing this they [doctors] insure the industry that feeds them & big-pharma continues to thrive.

I believe there ARE cures for many conditions/diseases out there. But just think about all the folks that would be put out of work....if they cured just one....pick one, it doesn't matter which one. Think of all the people employed by cancer, diabetes , arthritis , alzheimer's. ....Cure those ? I mean actual cure, as in take this med & the disease is gone....and the next big issue is unemployment numbers on the rise.

But control them, and provide a decent quality of life when possible...and , the doc's & big-pharma are happy & the patients will keep coming back.

Fuzzybuddy, where does your primary care physician stand in all of this? He/She is the one that will have final say in what drugs you are prescribed.

Within the past couple of days, there have been reports about a Japanese drug company developing a pill that can reverse the effects of these annual Flu Pandemics we seem to be experiencing every Winter. If will be interesting to see if this is indeed true, and if so, how long it will take our FDA to drag its feet before approving such a drug. After all...despite hundreds or thousands of deaths every year, due to the flu, our Health Care Industry probably rakes in several billion dollars in drugs, doctor and hospital care, etc.
    "Do Not regret growing older...it is a Privilege denied to many."

Quote Originally Posted by Don M. View Post
    Within the past couple of days, there have been reports about a Japanese drug company developing a pill that can reverse the effects of these annual Flu Pandemics we seem to be experiencing every Winter. If will be interesting to see if this is indeed true, and if so, how long it will take our FDA to drag its feet before approving such a drug. After all...despite hundreds or thousands of deaths every year, due to the flu, our Health Care Industry probably rakes in several billion dollars in drugs, doctor and hospital care, etc.

Exactly !...the flu is a cash-cow for the health-care industry.....they IMO....LUV it !

My guess if your hospital is part of larger medical group so the reduction could be that company's policy-few to zero opioids which nothing more than virtue signaling in many cases. It is a nice goal but not necessarily a practicality for many. I used several rounds of opioids over the decades for anything from dental work to surgeries without incident. I understood the possible side effects so I always took as few as possible or avoided refills. But for people with chronic conditions if they are going to cut or reduce they should be offering multiple alternatives on the spot, not just lets see how the patient reacts. I know people with fused disks, crushed nerves, debris in their spine and they're hospital of choice for decades now has a sign in the ER saying they don't prescribe opioids. No doctors in their group are supposed to prescribe opioids. One doctor recommended surgery to correct their problems and need for opioids but at their age in their condition they would be an inpatient in a hospital and rehab facility for a year, really?

Right now opioid is a scarlet letter for the patient and doctor.

I could not agree with you more...I to live on opiods.....after 4 surgeries, an 2 bouts with cancer I'am in constant pain.....chemo hurts..ALL THE TIME ...even after the cancer is gone....I feel that same ///Drs judge you ,nurses judge you an pain clinics judge you.....if they would not judge you ,but look at what you have been thru maybe they would not be so dam basis ....we are NOT ALL DRUGGIES, WE ARE PEOPLE IN PAIN.....I recently left the pain clinic I was going to ....I had tested positive for pot....if I smoke it also helps with the pain an I don't take as many pain pills...when I told this to the Dr his reply was "So you know how many people tell me that"....I said no but if they are meaybe you should listen to us....we aren't all wrong

Quote Originally Posted by happytime View Post
    I could not agree with you more...I to live on opiods.....after 4 surgeries, an 2 bouts with cancer I'am in constant pain.....chemo hurts..ALL THE TIME ...even after the cancer is gone....I feel that same ///Drs judge you ,nurses judge you an pain clinics judge you.....if they would not judge you ,but look at what you have been thru maybe they would not be so dam basis ....we are NOT ALL DRUGGIES, WE ARE PEOPLE IN PAIN.....I recently left the pain clinic I was going to ....I had tested positive for pot....if I smoke it also helps with the pain an I don't take as many pain pills...when I told this to the Dr his reply was "So you know how many people tell me that"....I said no but if they are meaybe you should listen to us....we aren't all wrong

IMO some of the problem is the fact that no one can see pain...There is no gauge to test it & no test to gauge it. They cannot imagine themselves living with the pain you describe...therefore they doubt you. They don't even realize you have no choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.