Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm going to the mall today.

I'm going to the mall today.

I generally don't like shopping but I have two gift cards from my daughter so I thought I'd see if there is anything I like. I certainly don't need anything. When my Mom was here we would go for the day,stop for a nice lunch and have a great day. I miss our times together,she was my best friend. I'll make a sandwich and bring a mug of coffee and eat it in the car if I get hungry. I hate eating alone when I'm out and makes me miss Mom even more. The last time I went to the mall was about 8 months ago. I was in and out in a matter of minutes,probably will be the same today,we will see..

You sound like me, Ruth. I don't really care for shopping either and especially alone. I miss my mom, as well, going out for lunch with her or shopping, running errands, or just whatever.....
    Seems there are some places that are less awkward to eat alone than others, but, hope you discover some good finds to use your gift cards on. Hpe you enjoy your day!

I may be in the minority here, but I usually prefer shopping alone. When I'm shopping with a friend or family member, we always seem to get caught up in what they want to see, try on, etc. And I find it distracting to hear their opinion on everything I look at. Not to mention the conversations about everything and anything. Shopping with someone else is more of a social occasion than a shopping trip.

I don't mind eating alone; I usually bring my Kindle or some other reading matter. When I shop at Costco, I always enjoy my solitary lunch (hot dog, pizza, or something else sinful) with a newspaper spread out in front of me. On the rare occasions when I don't have anything to read, I like people watching.

Don't buy anything practical or for anyone else, have fun and splurge a little!!!

Careful of the flu bug!!! It is real bad down here!!

Oh I hope you find something you like to use the gift cards on Ruth..try and enjoy the experience.

I'm the complete opposite to you, as is my daughter, we both like shopping alone. We don't have to wait for someone else to be looking or trying something on... and we both don't mind eating alone. I always bring my kindle or Ipad..and I also have a journal which I complete everytime I'm out, just taking notes of what I've bought or the changes that have been made since I was last in town, and I write it as I'm having my coffee.. ..and like Sunny I'm a huge people watcher, you learn so much about people while just sitting having a coffee..no-one notices you, and you get to see and hear all sorts of stuff.

On the odd occasions I shop with my daughter, everything is rushed..she's worse than me..once she's got whatever she wants, then she wants to leave and I'm not finished,...if my husband comes with me shopping he rarely ever comes into the store, he'll usually just sit on a bench outside, then I'll feel pressured to be quick.. so I prefer to shop alone.

I like shopping all alone ! I can go where I want, take as much time as I want, sit down when I feel like it. Don't forget to do the most fun part of mall shopping ---
    PEOPLE WATCHING ! I love to do that !

Have fun Ruth! As for eating alone, go to the food court and try it. Sometimes when I’m in the right frame of mind I try things I’d be normally uncomfortable doing, only or find, to my surprise, it’s not that bad. My daughter travels constantly for her job and we’ve talked about eating alone, she said if she didn’t, she’d never eat. Saying that, she’s the type of person who could talk to a telephone pole and it’d talk back. I wish I was as outgoing as she is.
    P.S. I HATE shopping with other people, always have.

Be sure to leave a trail of crumbs from your car so you can find it again. Sometimes I wish I could do that. I park in the huge lot with lettered and numbered rows and promptly forget where I left the car and which main mall door I came in. I can not blame this on my age. The very first time I went to a mall it took at least half hour for me to find the car.
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I usually prefer shopping alone. When I'm shopping with a friend or family member, we always seem to get caught up in what they want to see, try on, etc. And I find it distracting to hear their opinion on everything I look at. Not to mention the conversations about everything and anything. Shopping with someone else is more of a social occasion than a shopping trip.

I don't mind eating alone; I usually bring my Kindle or some other reading matter. When I shop at Costco, I always enjoy my solitary lunch (hot dog, pizza, or something else sinful) with a newspaper spread out in front of me. On the rare occasions when I don't have anything to read, I like people watching.
    Same here, Sunny. I prefer shopping alone, and I don't mind eating alone. I always have my Kindle and enjoy having a leisurely lunch by myself.

Enjoy your day, Ruth! Let us know if you buy anything!!

Going to the Arrowhead Mall this afternoon with my lady friend. I kinda like it.

Perfect chart. Must have been modeled after my wife and I.

I prefer to do the shopping, Ken's cartoon explains why perfectly.

I`m so jealous. We don`t have a mall here. Have to drive an hour and a half over the mountain to get to one. But hubby and I went to the "big city" a few weeks ago and spent some time at the mall. It was very weird. I used to practically live there years ago when we lived down there-and we still worked there until 2010 so I went to the mall frequently. But now it was like a foreign country to me. I would never wear any of the clothing I saw in my old favorites-Macy`s and Nordstrom. And the clothing racks were so sparse. I guess most things are sold online now so they just don`t carry as much in the stores. So weird to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.