Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Read" Threads Still Bolded as Unread

"Read" Threads Still Bolded as Unread

I noticed yesterday that certain thread titles do not "unbold" in the thread list after I have read them. This isn't the same for all threads, only certain ones. Not sure what the problem could be but I thought I'd mention it and see if anyone else is experiencing this.

This occasionally happens to me and I think it is when I use the back button (<) instead of the tab for "new posts"
    I can't get no
    Hoot

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
    This occasionally happens to me and I think it is when I use the back button (<) instead of the tab for "new posts"
    Same here..

I always use the tab for new posts.

The thread reading status is stored in browser cookies for performance reasons, so it's not very reliable. The problem may happen when your browser ended abruptly or your computer crashed, it's OK as long as it doesn't happen often, if it does, you should clear your browser cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    The thread reading status is stored in browser cookies for performance reasons, so it's not very reliable. The problem may happen when your browser ended abruptly or your computer crashed, it's OK as long as it doesn't happen often, if it does, you should clear your browser cache.
    I'll give that a try, thanks.

When that happens, I always assume there was a new reply after I had read the thread.
    Sing, sing a song. Make it simple to last your whole life long - The Carpenters

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    When that happens, I always assume there was a new reply after I had read the thread.
    Well, there isn't.

Just now the this thread title turned blue and you had just replied again. It was just my observation. Not saying it doesn't happen.
    Sing, sing a song. Make it simple to last your whole life long - The Carpenters

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Just now the this thread title turned blue and you had just replied again. It was just my observation. Not saying it doesn't happen.
    I know what you are saying, but the threads generally don't have any more posts. I read the thread and when I return to the New Posts list, it is still bolded like I haven't read the latest posts. Thanks.

I haven't had any problem with my browser ending abruptly or a computer crash. I cleared my cache and rebooted my laptop; the problem persists. This started sometime yesterday so I don't know what has changed on my side or yours. Just FYI.

Did you also clear all browser cookies? After that, do "Mark forum read", log out and log in again.

Did you also clear all browser cookies? After that, do "Mark forum read", log out and log in again.
    Yes; I cleared everything. I've used the "Mark Forum Read" several times today but I'll try logging off/on. Thanks, M. If no one else is seeing this problem it must be mine somewhere.

Matrix--I logged off/on the forum and that seems to have worked. BTW, I got an "insecure connection" warning from Firefox.

Untitled.jpg

That's not a problem.

Google has been forcing every website to use encrypted connections which was only used by sensitive websites such as online banking before. I think this forum is secure enough and have no plan to change that. I don't have to deal with this.

All websites starting with http:// are not Secure. Google want all websites to use https://

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.