Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

People Here Shocked About Us Moving

well I'll be really looking forward to that!!

I've moved so many times throughout my life .. even to Australia. My personal feeling is, it's not so much where you live, as who you're living with.
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
    - Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

This has got to be the longest house move in living history... and then we'll have the longest settling in thread.... *goody*

Who wants to bet on what comes first, Deboduns tax return or Cody's move to Colorado?

Quote Originally Posted by Keesha View Post
    Thanks Gumbud

"It isnít pollution thatís harming the environment. Itís the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.
    " -- Dan Quayle

When you get to Colorado, that
    Home sweet home so dear
    You'll hear this old cowboy song
    Ringing in your ear.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyk1BPEABsE

Here in Florida we get people who want to escape cold weather and snow. There are a lot of fresh water lakes and boating here. Many who move here are into fishing and boating and I have three lakes within 15 minutes of my house with boat ramps and plenty of fishing. Heck, I can walk three blocks and fish if I wanted to. Aside from the lakes, we have something you do not, lots of ocean front land and the ability to sail the Gulf and Atlantic Ocean to catch the really big fish. There are nature trails, hunting and the Everglades for wildlife and hiking. Best of all there is no snow. We see many people who come here, move back home. No matter what excuse they make it is out of being homesick and an inability to adapt to new things. There is comfort in the familiar. MY wife and I moved 13 times and are living in our 9th home so we are gypsies who adjust to new surroundings very easily and enthusiastically too. We like change and the new things we can do and learn.

My wife was homesick the first time we relocated. She cried all the time so I arrange a job transfer to go back to our home city. It was not long before my wife realized that her memories of where we used to live were only the good ones and even those were idolized and made more then they were. The things she misses she actually only did a few times a year. She forgot the snow and driving in it. It was only a year before we moved again. When we moved back up we cited the humidity in Texas, the people, the lack of this and that, etc. when in fact it was homesickness that prompted the move.

MY sister gets all of $600 a month in Social Security and yet she refuses to move. She can sell her house and buy a new one her cash, still having money left over to provide a better income than she now has. Her has has 5 levels with stairs and no matter what logical argument I make, it comes down to not being able to live someone else where she knows no one or where anything is. She said she would have to find new doctors and get a new driverís license. Make new friends only to have her smarter friends mover away leaving her with no friends at all.

When I move I do leave behind things I enjoyed but each new place has new things to enjoy and plenty of the same stuff I enjoyed back home.
    If you obey all the rules, youíll miss all the fun.

Vinny, it's Florida Cody is trying to escape from!!

We moved to central Florida almost 10 years ago. From Missouri. My husband was born and raised in Key West. I love it here. I have been surprised at the number of people we have met who are "moving back north". The cold, snow and ice just aren't for me. I haven't missed it at all. But I know some folks are wired differently.
    Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth ~ Col.3:2

I think I'm in Florida, but I'm not sure any more......my GPS blew away.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfly View Post
    We moved to central Florida almost 10 years ago. From Missouri. My husband was born and raised in Key West. I love it here. I have been surprised at the number of people we have met who are "moving back north". The cold, snow and ice just aren't for me. I haven't missed it at all. But I know some folks are wired differently.
    Same here, Blue! I'll admit I like getting away in the summer, but the other eight months make up for it. These old bones don't like cold.
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

Our bones don't necessarily like cold either, but "Old Man Winter" just comes with the area/state we plan on moving to. People here in Jacksonville, and other parts of Florida that we've visited, have no idea why we'd miss the wildlife in Colorado and have absolutely no interest in Western stuff, as in rodeo or Indian Pow Wows.

Heck, neither my wife's family or what's left of my family, have absolutely no interest in the things we like. They were all pretty shocked to see a photo of my wife shooting her S & W 9mm at a target at the range.
    Love Rocky Mountain And Yellowstone National Parks

I know what you mean by wild life Classic Rocker, because I lived a year in Grand Junction Colo in the 70s. But I also spent 5 months in FL and I dearly love it there. Its too far from family or I'd consider living there full time.

But in regard to wildlife, there are over 4000 black bear in FL. One of our friends in Naples, FL had a bear climb his back fence and eat his dog's food. So they now feed the dog indoors and watch out for the bears. I also saw gators and some sort of small land crabs that would come out on the side walk sometimes. But if you don't like FL you and your wife should get out of there as soon as you can. You aren't getting any younger.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.